Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Boycott Xbox & Xbox Live

Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Boycott Xbox & Xbox Live

I left for my deployment June 30, a week prior i packed up my apartment, TV, Xbox and all.

Called Xbox customer service to terminate my account, because i wouldnt be able to access the acount while i was overseas.

So now 26 Sept. I get an email from my credit card company... (Which i paid off July 15th) that i have an over due bill of $17.00, No big deal I log in see what the charges are... Xbox was charging me for a month to month membership. I pay the $17.00 and then call them to cancel the account AGAIN.

They tell me the account renewed for September 2 days ago, and there is a 30 day period for the account to cancel so i will be charged for Sept, and again in October.

I tell them i have no accessed the account, i called to cancel it, they tell me they have no record of the call, and will cancel the account now, but will not refund my charges for July, Aug, Sept, or Oct.

They claim they have no way to see if i have accessed my account while i have been here deployed.

Last time i checked when i log in it tells me when my friends have last been on Xbox live, up to between 30-60 days.

I shoot my buddy an email and he logs in and it just says i am offline.. since it has been over 100 days since i was last on xbox live.

So how can my friend tell me that i havnt been online for atleast 30-60 days.. but Xbox live cant tell.

Should they not be able to see when the last time i was online, or played in a game, or did something on the marketplace or arcade.

So Microsoft has screwed me out of $35, plus if Citibank hits me with any late charges.

So I say f**k Microsoft and Xbox Live.

**Note I hate Playstation.. so yea i will end up renewing my membership, and playing COD and other games when i get home.. I just hate them right now

XBLGT: The 2T2 Sniper
Old 09-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
and the fact that when you call you have to talk to someone you cant even understand!
I had the red ring of death on my last xbox, called customer support and was going to get it fixed. when they asked for a return address to send it back once it was fixed I gave them my APO address. It was like pulling teeth tryin to get them to send it to me....ughhh
Their customer support is garbage
Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah i forgot to add.. that part.. i probobly could have hopped on a C21 and took a hour flight to kick this guy in the teeth..
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Xboxs sound great! Wish I had one.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
since you're not going to be using your xbox, why don't you give it to me. I'll make sure not to use it also.

Oh yeah, that sucks. I'd probably file a complaint with your credit card company and tell them it was a fraudulent charge.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
VeeRFour05 is on a distinguished road
VeeRFour05's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah don't get that problem with PS3 since we don't have to pay to play online

That is a bunch of crap though. I had them do the same thing to me a few years back, tried to cancel and they kept charging me.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:17 AM   #7
Sticks For Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
since you're not going to be using your xbox, why don't you give it to me. I'll make sure not to use it also.

Oh yeah, that sucks. I'd probably file a complaint with your credit card company and tell them it was a fraudulent charge.

I have my xbox out here.. but i lack the internet connection to be able to play xbox live.

So right now im just dominating teams on NCAA 09..

Beat Georgia 64-13, Florida 41-36, Maryland 57-14, Marshall 54-10
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
They do suck--my step-brother "borrowed" my Mom's credit card that XBox Live had "locked in" without her realizing it, and when she called, they refused to remove the card due to Privacy Laws because it is his account even though he's only 12 and it's her card! It took 3 weeks and alot of work to get it removed. She kept saying, "What about the laws against fraudulent use of a credit card?!" but they didn't seem to care about that. My son has an XBox, but he will NEVER play on Live!