Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Game Of Thrones

Old 06-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #321
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
exactly...lol. now tyrion's fun gets to start.

still don't like all the liberties they're taking. i can understand placing duties on other characters since they are limiting the cast...completely understandable. it's the making shit up that never happened by/to anyone that pisses me off.
To be honest, think about pretty much EVERY movie made from a book. I can't recall a SINGLE move, except one series, that kept the books almost verbatim. And that is Lord of the Rings. EVERY other book I have read has been changed in many things when converted to a movie. It's part of how movies are made, as well as time and cost. Making LotR almost verbatim made the movies unGODLY long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Starting to like the new Sansa.

I hope she see somewhat like her mother in her.
I like how she is turning out as well. I think she is starting to see that she has some abilities of her own. I STILL freaking love Arya. Especially how she just busted out laughing at Dog when they found out her aunt had died.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #322
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
39 9 "The Watchers on the Wall"[51] June 8, 2014
40 10 "The Children"[51] June 15, 2014

o.o
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #323
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Glad they gave this fightan episode to show it. Wish there was more episodes this season
Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #324
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
What did ginger wildling say at the end? "Your no northering" or "your not worthy?"
Old 06-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #325
I doughnut belong here.

you know nothing jon snow
Old 06-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #326
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
you know nothing jon snow
Thank you.

I am very happy they did this episode the way they did, with the whole episode focusing on Castle Black, bouncing between story lines would have really taken away from what was going on.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #327
N7MCS

Spoiler! Don't read if you haven't seen ep 9!

https://i.imgur.com/Wcbrjia.jpg
Old 06-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #328
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I felt bad for the Ginger, I didn't want to see her die. She was pretty hot, in that you leave me ill shoot you with 3 arrows kinda way.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #329
N7MCS

This song makes this part from last night so much better!

http://youtu.be/A4oQzTGTc_g
Old 06-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #330
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
^ Lol, didn't expect that
Old 06-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #331
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Good episode , like that fact we saw some giants and mammoth in action.

Possible spoiler:

Ygritte would have died anyway.

What can they do with Thormund (wildling leader) Giantsbane?

Next time they should shoot that damn owl with an arrow haha
Old 06-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #332
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
How come the Crows at Castle Black were surprised by the small attack at the south gate? They knew about the attacks in the villages, they were warned by the boy...Seemed a bit caught off guard by them. Also Why didn't the chubby guys girl tell anyone she saw them waiting? Small observation.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 AM   #333
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
the bewbs have really tapered off....get you hooked on a show....
Old 06-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #334
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome season finale , bitter sweet now the long wait. Tyrion got to love that little guy
Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #335
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Awesome season finale , bitter sweet now the long wait. Tyrion got to love that little guy

They changed slot of things from the book in this one. Most don't see the reason why .

Enjoyed the ep tho. Knew tyrion would have pretty much the last meaningful scene
Old 06-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #336
shaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shedshaneckc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shane
shaneckc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
This song makes this part from last night so much better!

http://youtu.be/A4oQzTGTc_g
this was so good hahaha
Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #337
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
They changed slot of things from the book in this one. Most don't see the reason why .

Enjoyed the ep tho. Knew tyrion would have pretty much the last meaningful scene
they advanced the hell out of the Bran story line, didnt they?

i still dont understand the need for Brianne/Hound fight.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #338

gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I got yelled at by my wife for posting "Happy father's day Tywin, love Tyrion" on my facebook page.

So I edited my post to say "Amy says this is a spoiler and I've been scolded"
Old 06-16-2014, 05:49 AM   #339
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good season ending. I am really enjoying seeing Arya getting some serious nerve. I have to admit thought, I really did expect her to go ahead and end Dog's life before she left him. I had hoped to see at least a tidbit of story with Lady Sansa. So for those that know the books, I have two questions: 1) What is different between to TV storyline and the books at this point? 2) If I wanted to pick up on the books around where this season ends (I know there are differences so just in general) Which book, and what part of the book, would I want to pick up at?

Loved how Tyrion finished off his dad in the shitter!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #340
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Pretty good season ending. I am really enjoying seeing Arya getting some serious nerve. I have to admit thought, I really did expect her to go ahead and end Dog's life before she left him. I had hoped to see at least a tidbit of story with Lady Sansa. So for those that know the books, I have two questions: 1) What is different between to TV storyline and the books at this point? 2) If I wanted to pick up on the books around where this season ends (I know there are differences so just in general) Which book, and what part of the book, would I want to pick up at?

Loved how Tyrion finished off his dad in the shitter!
1) WAY too much to list, but on track for the most part
2) i think book 4 for the most part. they did advance some lines ahead of others