Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Netflix vs Blockbuster?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #21
2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold2010nctaco is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Trooper
Name: Blake
2010nctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Canceled mine the other day, I really dont watch enough movies to justify $16 a month and their streaming options aren't really that great. I'll just go to redbox when I want to watch a movie once a week a or something.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE!

Anyone else hate Netflix? I have the DVD and streaming service, but I find that they both suck pretty bad. They use to be good on streaming but they are falling behind. Sons of Anarchy season 4 still isnt out yet, same with a few others. No HBO series on, Im just getting tired of it. I think Im gonna drop it all together. Is Blockbuster still available? I know Amazon is coming out with an option. Id just get cable but I really only watch 5 channels, so I hate wasting $70/mo on shit I never use.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon is comparable to Netflix. They both have strengths and weaknesses. I use Netflix more. Amazon prime seems to have newer movies but the same type of older content as Netflix.

Get Hulu plus if you want more current shows but even they are starting to lack. You get more current TV content but there are commercials. HBO is unlikely to go to any of them but they are offering HBO Go as a standalone service in Europe so hopefully that will happen here. Currently you need to be a cable subscriber for it, but it is effing awesome.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I just signed up with amazon instant video, haven't looked at it much yet.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #25
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I just feel every time we look for a movie to watch streaming, it's either somethign nobody has ever heard of, or something on "Battlefield Earth" caliber. I wish you could just pick the channels you want off cable. I just read an aticle the other day about how the US pays 10x more for cable and internet service than most other countries.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #26
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yeah I just feel every time we look for a movie to watch streaming, it's either somethign nobody has ever heard of, or something on "Battlefield Earth" caliber. I wish you could just pick the channels you want off cable. I just read an aticle the other day about how the US pays 10x more for cable and internet service than most other countries.
Maybe those services are subsidized by the govt which really isn't a good thing.