Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Netflix vs Blockbuster?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Netflix vs Blockbuster?

Netflix has changed up their plans...

Instead of me paying $9.99 per month for streaming & 1 DVD out, it will now be $15.98. I could drop it down to stream only for just $7.99 but I hate that not everything is available for streaming.

So I'm looking at blockbuster..

Cons:
No streaming

Pros:
New releases available sooner than Netflix.
Blue ray & games at no extra fee
Can exchange in store if I don't want to wait for shipping

Do any of you have experience with both and can comment on the availability of new movies with blockbuster? Or any other comments?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
We dumped Netflix and went to Blockbuster. The good thing is you can exchange your mailed movie out at the store and get another title. I got sick of only getting 1 movie a week from Netflix and their online selection sucks. Now we can see 2 movies a week with Blockbuster and now Blockbuster is cheaper.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Gabe
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
i personally like Netflix (streaming only) for the sole reason that i can stream to my PS3, Iphone, Ipad, and MacBook.

if i need something new, i usually pick it up at the local Blockbuster Express Kiosk @ $.99 to $1.99.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
KDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKDogg311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: K H I E M ™
KDogg311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post
i personally like Netflix (streaming only) for the sole reason that i can stream to my PS3, Iphone, Ipad, and MacBook.

if i need something new, i usually pick it up at the local Blockbuster Express Kiosk @ $.99 to $1.99.
x2 ...if not Blockbuster Express, i'd go to redbox which is everywhere around my house
Old 07-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I checked out a redbox, and it didn't seem to have anything that new. maybe I just didn't stand there long enough to scan through it all? i dunno.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
We dumped Netflix and went to Blockbuster. The good thing is you can exchange your mailed movie out at the store and get another title. I got sick of only getting 1 movie a week from Netflix and their online selection sucks. Now we can see 2 movies a week with Blockbuster and now Blockbuster is cheaper.
How would you compare the netflix vs blockbuster library?
Is blockbusters "many new releases available up to 28 days sooner than netflix or redbox" advertisement accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabex35 View Post

I really like the netflix streaming. I would pay $16 a month for JUST the streaming if only they could stream EVERYTHING.

but they can't yet.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
I really like the netflix streaming. I would pay $16 a month for JUST the streaming if only they could stream EVERYTHING.

but they can't yet.

^^ this...I am stopping the DVD by mail with them, hopefully they can offer more streaming.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Shinty Killer
Gabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabex35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

but they can't yet.
Good point, Netflix needs to get their shit together and stream everything in their library. Then i think they would be the industry leader...even without newly released titles.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Shinty Killer
Marines:
Gabex35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I checked out a redbox, and it didn't seem to have anything that new. maybe I just didn't stand there long enough to scan through it all? i dunno.
Redbox never seems to have anything new, that's why i go to Blockbuster Express. I'm not sure if there available across the nation though
Old 07-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i just found out that there is now blockbuster express here...but i would be careful if you are making your choice solely on the fact that you can exchange your movies in store because blockbusters are shutting down. we just lost our local blockbuster recently...
Old 07-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
i just found out that there is now blockbuster express here...but i would be careful if you are making your choice solely on the fact that you can exchange your movies in store because blockbusters are shutting down. we just lost our local blockbuster recently...
Yeah I thought about that too...I used to be in the center of a blockbuster triangle. All 3 were about the same distance in different directions. One of them shut down, two are left...
Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I thought about that too...I used to be in the center of a blockbuster triangle. All 3 were about the same distance in different directions. One of them shut down, two are left...
yeah.. it was actually funny my dad was like i bet blockbuster will be shutting down soon and then an hour later my mom was like did you know blockbuster closed? haha kind ironic but yeah i bet they will be closing down soon with redbox and netflix...even if blockbuster express starts spreading it will close down the stores.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
╒╪╕

Google just informed me that there is a blockbuster kiosk at the 99 cent store down the street from my house....I'll have to check it out..
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately blockbusters around me are closing around me pretty fast but i heard a rumor that there wont be any more blockbuster stores by the end of 2012. Dont know if its true, could just be because the world is ending. I use Redbox and have netflix as well and only use netflix for streaming on the ps3 which is a POS. basically seems like there "new releases" are movies like training day and snakes on a plane.....stupid.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #15
╒╪╕

Well i'm gonna go ahead and start the 2 week trail w/ BB. I mainly want to see what their movie selection looks like.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #16
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
VUDU + Netflix stream
Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
i just kicked netflix to the curb. bastards. plus I had the bluray on my plan too. I can go to the redbox or blockbuster kiosk for much cheaper. Right now I am not watching movies as much either because I am always outside.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'll stick with Netflix myself. Things may have changed now, but when I had BB years ago the turn around was a lot slower than Netflix. Sure you can take them back to the store for another but for me that defeats the purpose. Even with the increased price I still find it worth it when I have time to watch movies. I put my account on hold for the summer since I'm never around.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
have you all seen Netflix's facebook page? 50k comments on people being pissed off. lol
Old 07-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
^^ this...I am stopping the DVD by mail with them, hopefully they can offer more streaming.
x2
Just updated my account.
Like Aaron, I hardly watch any movies or TV in the nicer weather.
Blockbuster closed all their stores by me.