Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Old 11-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #41
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
got to level 17 last night! i fkn love this game! morrowind was/is my favorite game ever, i never played much oblivion and didnt really care for it. but skyrim is amazing so far. it really reminds me a lot of fallout new vegas. oh and i love the leveling system now too it just makes sense
Call to New Vegas a lot here which is kind of nice. ALOT less buggy though. New Vegas is one of the only games I have ever owned where I was legitimately nervous that I was going to lose all of my saves/progress at any given moment. Froze up on me so often.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #42
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Yeah, that'd be cool. A little bit of online compatibility without it being multiplayer. I could send out some pretty epic shit already haha
LOL I'm just focusing on magic right now so all's I'd be able to send is echanted stuff, but it helps! I second your worries on New Vegas; I was ALWAYS saving my game due to the random freeze moments. If you haven't, check out the Wizard's College in Winterhold- some good story right there. I'm sooooo addicted to that game it's just not ok anymore. I don't think I did one thing all yesterday at home aside from playing Skyrim... It's turning into a problem.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #43
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
The YouTube videos make this game look amazing. I can't wait to go get it.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #44
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregero... skyrim os the first ES where I have focused on magic. I was all hand to hand before. I keep my one fav one handed and shield, but I mainly use magic. I've completed the companions and the thieves guild. My next movement will be to the mages guild... im cutting back for a while here though to make sure school doesn't slip. Ill give it a look again this weekend though
Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #45
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
So my girlfriend had to go to Target tonight to get a couple things. I was browsing the electronics section while she did her thing. I noticed they had an instant $10 gift card deal if you bought Skyrim. I couldn't pass that up.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #46
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
90 hours in..this is game of the year
Old 11-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #47
Spartacus!
XBrown is on a distinguished road

Name: Xavier
XBrown's Tacoma Gallery
Probably shouldn't have bought this one right before finals week. Huge mistake.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #48
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBrown View Post
your screwed... I'm sorry to say it, but it's true. There is no way to salvage your life now...
Old 11-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #49
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
90 hours in..this is game of the year
x2!!! I have about 60 hours in now. Sad thing is that I have this on PS3 and my gamesave is North of 9MB... I am getting some severe framerate drops now. Bethesda is supposed to come out with an update soon, but I am disappointed in that anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBrown View Post
THIS exactly. My finals are in two weeks. I should not have bought this, or MW3 for that matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
your screwed... I'm sorry to say it, but it's true. There is no way to salvage your life now...
Yup...
Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #50
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Sad thing is that I have this on PS3 and my gamesave is North of 9MB... I am getting some severe framerate drops now. Bethesda is supposed to come out with an update soon, but I am disappointed in that anyway
XBOX for the win!! Everything is running fine for me.

!!!MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!

Here's a couple tips:

Acquire the Masque of Clavicus Vile (google it)

Bank perks as you level up. I always have like 5-9 perk points banked.

Get your smithing and enchanting to 100. You will become unstoppable.

Be sure to disenchant magical items to be able to apply the effects to your own weapons and armor.

Use perks to gain access to Daedric armor (for some fucked up reason, Daedric is more powerful than Dragon even though Dragon requires 100 skill and Daedric requires 90??) Use perks to access the middle enchanting path to get to the perk which enables 2 enchantments per item. Don't forget to upgrade the first Enchanting perk 5 times.

Obviously this will cost some good coin to buy smithing items and soul gems. I think I had around 20k when I did the smithing, and 30k when I did enchanting. If your quest is anything like mine, you have a chest FULL of gear you just cant get rid of because the vendors don;t have enough gold for you.

Smith iron daggers and leather helmets until you reach 100. Buy all the small soul gems you can find (mages college, every guy has them), get the mace of molag bal (google for instructions) to help fill any empty gems, enchant all the items you made, repeat until 100. Then create then best daedric armor, gauntlets, helmet, boots, gold diamond rings, and gold diamond necklace. 1 set for you, 1 set for your partner. /engagebeastmode
Old 11-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #51
SARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to allSARCOtheINFIDEL is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
SARCOtheINFIDEL's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE this game. Normally not my thing at all, 70 hours in and haven't even touched the main campaign quests yet. Great game. Got the Vile Mask, smithing is at 100, working on enchanting now, took me a while to get dialed into these tips, so I may need to start a fresh character so I can DESTROY from the get go...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #52
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
i have been debating buying this game.... i debated batman AC, got it, enjoy it but dont play it as often as mw2 (which is still better than mw3), mw3, and battlefield 3.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #53
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds a lot like WoW but without all the interaction with other players. Duno if I'll get it or just keep playing BF3 until the new Diablo comes out.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #54
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
I've been putting off this game. I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, however my addictions must be controlled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
This sounds a lot like WoW but without all the interaction with other players. Duno if I'll get it or just keep playing BF3 until the new Diablo comes out.
The Elder Scrolls games are nothing like WoW.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #55
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple X C0re View Post
I've been putting off this game. I love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, however my addictions must be controlled.

The Elder Scrolls games are nothing like WoW.
I've never played any to be honest! I played WoW for several years...really enjoyed the PVP and questing with friends, plus the UI and regular updates. They really killed the game with all the expansions though...I like UPDATES not constant expansion packs that drive the level cap and everything else up through the roof. I'm the kind of person who can't finish a single player game...I guess I thrive on competition. I haven't even touched campaign on BF3 or many of my COD games...and I stopped playing halfway through many other games.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #56
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, a lot of my friends are like that. I played WoW for a while but the monthly $$ was getting to me. To be honest the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games are big enough for me I don't really notice they're singleplayer a lot.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #57
Resident MMA Fanatic

My friends and I form xbox parties while playing Skyrim and it is way more fun to share your exploits with others. It makes it feel like a multiplayer game.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #58
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
So when I first starting playing it, I was just kind of like "meh", but then I kept playing, and playing, and playing, and playing.....and now I can't stop.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #59
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
So when I first starting playing it, I was just kind of like "meh", but then I kept playing, and playing, and playing, and playing.....and now I can't stop.
Derek... I told you dude
Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #60
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
I've never played any to be honest! I played WoW for several years...really enjoyed the PVP and questing with friends, plus the UI and regular updates. They really killed the game with all the expansions though...I like UPDATES not constant expansion packs that drive the level cap and everything else up through the roof. I'm the kind of person who can't finish a single player game...I guess I thrive on competition. I haven't even touched campaign on BF3 or many of my COD games...and I stopped playing halfway through many other games.

exactly.... trying to memorize every state, battle and fight got very old... plus my schedule doesnt allow me to dedicate that much time anymore