Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

American Guns vs Sons of Guns - Which is better?

Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
American Guns vs Sons of Guns - Which is better?

I am a big fan of Sons of Guns and was intrigued to see American Guns come out as well. I have to say, I really enjoy both shows. They are very similar, yet as shops, they are on two different sides of the spectrum. With American Guns only two episodes in, I am officially a fan as well.

What are your guys thoughts? Enjoy one moreso than the other?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Sons of Guns is much better.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Sons of guns FTW!!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Sons of guns is better overall, the chick is good looking until she talks, American guns that chick is smoking hot!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think Son's of Guns is a better show overall, but American Guns has Paige Wyatt who is gorgeous!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TBF, I think Sons of Guns has had longer to be the only show of it's kind, giving them the edge. My wife and I both like SoG better too, but American Guns isn't far behind IMO. Actually, I don't forsee them doing anything "special" like Will and his boys, especially when it comes to custom weapons and rebuilds!

Case in point, a machine gun grenade launcher.... that is accurate as hell!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I think Son's of Guns is a better show overall, but American Guns has Paige Wyatt who is gorgeous!
Embarrased to say, but yes she is hot. Only 17, but on the right path! Especially walking around with a 1911 strapped, that is pretty sweet.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
TBF, I think Sons of Guns has had longer to be the only show of it's kind, giving them the edge. My wife and I both like SoG better too, but American Guns isn't far behind IMO. Actually, I don't forsee them doing anything "special" like Will and his boys, especially when it comes to custom weapons and rebuilds!

Case in point, a machine gun grenade launcher.... that is accurate as hell!!!

Son's of Guns seems like they do a lot more technical projects than the fam over at American Guns. Although, the Wyatt fam has a beautiful daughter.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Embarrased to say, but yes she is hot. Only 17, but on the right path! Especially walking around with a 1911 strapped, that is pretty sweet.

She is the finest looking 17 year old I have ever seen. How do you know she is 17 years old?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #11

Quote:
She is the finest looking 17 year old I have ever seen. How do you know she is 17 years old?
They have bio's on the Discovery site.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #12

Quote:
They have bio's on the Discovery site.

Ahhhh, I see.
American guns is fairly new show?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Son's of Guns seems like they do a lot more technical projects than the fam over at American Guns. Although, the Wyatt fam has a beautiful daughter.
Yep. AK with built-in silencer? Yes please!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats a bold statement!(which i def dont agree with but to each their own)...........and do we know if her titties are real or fake? I would be surprised if they were real, but pleasantly I might add.

I def like both shows.............but could do without the cheesy staged explosions at the end. Also.....i used to stunt a little so when they blew up the "crotch rocket" that got me a little butthurt
Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
Thats a bold statement!(which i def dont agree with but to each their own)...........and do we know if her titties are real or fake? I would be surprised if they were real, but pleasantly I might add.

I def like both shows.............but could do without the cheesy staged explosions at the end. Also.....i used to stunt a little so when they blew up the "crotch rocket" that got me a little butthurt
Haha, me too. My dad and brother are Harley die-hards, but I am the black sheep of the bunch and love the "crotch rockets"
Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post

I didn't like the episode of American Guns when they made the hand cannon. What the heck, that was no hand cannon! Haha
Old 10-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #17
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
I know Rich Wyatt personally and he's not really as dramatic as the series would have you believe. I'm sure most of it is show biz.
He's really quite personable and always has several irons in the fire.

He teaches police science at one of the local junior colleges, and ran for sheriff, didn't quite make it. He was a good IPSC shooter, don't think he has time anymore. Did a lot of gunsmithing/sales for many years before he opened his own shop.

I've been to his shop many times, good crew.

Below is a pic of a Ferrari'd .45 they did. He wanted $5K for it. Must've sold it, I haven't seen it displayed lately.

Whit
Attached Thumbnails
American Guns vs Sons of Guns - Which is better?-cimg0180.jpg   American Guns vs Sons of Guns - Which is better?-cimg0190.jpg  
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am a big fan of Sons of Guns and was intrigued to see American Guns come out as well. I have to say, I really enjoy both shows. They are very similar, yet as shops, they are on two different sides of the spectrum. With American Guns only two episodes in, I am officially a fan as well.

What are your guys thoughts? Enjoy one moreso than the other?
I like them both. I'm sure we'll never see them nominated for an Emmy, but good entertainment when nothing else is on.
As I said above, I do know Rich Wyatt and he's not nearly as hoakie as the directors make him out to be. I like Sons of Guns too. They both do some pretty cheesy stuff for sensationalism, but that's show biz.

If you want to see another fun series checkout Flying Wild Alaska.
There's a daughter on there, Ariel. She went swimming last season in an icy river in a bikini, she's really built, but poor thing doesn't have a brain in her head.

Whit
Old 10-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Sons of guns is better overall, the chick is good looking until she talks, American guns that chick is smoking hot!
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
too much fake drama on all of these, but I think Will Hayden is still the guy I would call if needed. I would really like it if they would do really original stuff more, and less restoring old (but cool) stuff. Dont even get me started with the welding 2 or more guns together crap.. "now its a flamethrower with an mp5 underslung, a 12 gauge pump on the left and a m203 ripoff grenade launcher on the right. On top, we put a 20mm single shot bolt action so we could hear Chris yell "its a CANNON!" one more time... "