Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Top Gear

Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #61
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
My stupid DVR records the old ones, sometimes the new ones. I think I missed a few. I can't get enough of this show.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #62
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to download the episodes, you can pick them up at www.finalgear.com

You can get both the British and US versions. Also you can get Fifth Gear eps too.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #63
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
I am the Stig!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #64
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
The outfit for when I brought my son home from hospital was a copy of the 'New' Stig's white suit
Old 09-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #65
skeighter is on a distinguished road
skeighter's Tacoma Gallery
US version is TOTAL CRAP. The dudes are full on posers. I don't know why they try to re-create something that has already been done.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #66
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeighter View Post
US version is TOTAL CRAP. The dudes are full on posers. I don't know why they try to re-create something that has already been done.
I'll admit the first season of the US version was tough to stomach. Then again the first season of the current British Top Gear was difficult too and we see how well that turned out. We have to remember that the US version is new and exciting to the vast majority of people. It's only a replay for those of us who are Top Gear addicts.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #67
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
The original ones that played in the U.S. years ago had the british dude in them and Tanner Foust has always been on the show also. He is also a two time drift champion.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #68
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #69
evan164 is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
evan164's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Anyone see the episode where the tried to destroy a Hilux???
It made me very toyota proud!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #70
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
My brother and I went to a taping of the US 1st season in CA. It was rough to say the least. The reason the some seemed so similar, is because -
1 its the most watched motoring show ... IN THE WORLD (read as Clarkson)
2 its the most copied, downloaded, pirated show... IN THE WORLD (again read as Clarkson)
3 The exact same British producers came to kick the show off
4 And if for nothing else, the most expensive to produce of all shows... IN THE WORLD ( you should have this by now)

If you go back and watch the first two years of TG before Captain Slow even came aboard, THAT was a rough show. Same as the Aussies version is still rough to watch, and they've been on for a few seasons now as well.

The american version is produced for the fat american audience who more than likely have never heard of the reinvented version Clarkson started in 2002. Remember, before that it was hosted by Tiff Needle and was a copy of 'Motor Trend'.

Give it time. It will come around. At the very least, its better than most the other crap that's on the tv lately.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #71
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
I really like US Top Gear. The opener with the US trucks crawling Iceland was awesome!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #72
Nfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNfurtado77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nfurtado77's Tacoma Gallery
Yea not really of a fan of usa wayyy too scripted and rehearsed. The best thing about uk is they make fun of every car or country and they don't give a shit when people wrote in and complain haha.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #73
NorCarolina Member
TacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the roughTacoTacoma96 is a jewel in the rough

Name: A.J.
TacoTacoma96's Tacoma Gallery
I love the UK Top Gear. Cried laughing a few times. I say the US version Doesn't even compare to them. Tanner Foust is the only one that can really drive and he almost always gets to drive the races at the end. The first season was a compete mirror image to the UK version (except way worse). And in the newest seasons it's just challenge after challenge. I just watch the US version to laugh at all the really bad scripting.