Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Prometheus

Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was very good. Typical Ridley style, provoking thought and leaving more questions than answers. This makes a good sci-fi film. A lot of people bitched at the movie but I see that those complaint usually come from people who want shit spelled out for them and/or don't know much backstory and theory behind this saga (hypothesis of directed panspermia, mystery of the space jockeys, the xenomorphs, etc...). It's a very complex and mysterious genre.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone seen it yet??? I tried to watch it online but only got a Russian version
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #23
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen it twice, in 2 days. It awesome!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
I saw it, i thought the visual effects were awesome. I just had alot of trouble following the story line
Old 06-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #25
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

:jelly:
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I will see it this weekend.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #27
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
i saw it the other day and enjoyed it; loved the alien movies growing up.

but what is the space jockey you are talking about?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
So is this part of the Alien franchise?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #29
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
it was good but I'd rather them make an awesome zombie movie. but the movie is worth seeing.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
Underprepared and Overconfident
DubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDubyaDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DubyaDawg's Tacoma Gallery
It was ok. I never figured out what that high pitched alarm sounding noise thing in the trailers was though, I didn't notice it in the film.

EDIT: Just realized it was the same sound from Alien, icwhattheydidthere
Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #31
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I would say so. In the original Alien they stumble onto a ship with the "engineer" in the chair with a hole in its body. I'm not sure of it was the same planet though.

Edit: Different planet.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #32

Its supposed to be a prequal, set in the same "Aliens Universe" But a story seperate from all the other movies. Zero continuation from it according to a Q & A with Ridley Scott
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltpilot View Post
I thought it was very good. Typical Ridley style, provoking thought and leaving more questions than answers. This makes a good sci-fi film. A lot of people bitched at the movie but I see that those complaint usually come from people who want shit spelled out for them and/or don't know much backstory and theory behind this saga (hypothesis of directed panspermia, mystery of the space jockeys, the xenomorphs, etc...). It's a very complex and mysterious genre.
Actually I thought they could have just skipped to David prepping the ship and started the movie that way. I thought that would have been far better to do. An homage to Alien so to speak. I loved it, but the beginning felt too Americanized to me. Like you said, spelling things out for the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Anyone seen it yet??? I tried to watch it online but only got a Russian version
Yes you poo nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
i saw it the other day and enjoyed it; loved the alien movies growing up.

but what is the space jockey you are talking about?
The Space Jockey is the giant Humanoid alien when he sits in the chair at the end of the movie. In the first Alien he was just called the Space Jockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Kinda. It's its own separate thing but it takes place in the alien universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaDawg View Post
It was ok. I never figured out what that high pitched alarm sounding noise thing in the trailers was though, I didn't notice it in the film.

EDIT: Just realized it was the same sound from Alien, icwhattheydidthere
That sound was never in Alien. It's just a trailer sound to build suspense.

Anymore questions?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
SPOILERS****

I just got out of the theatre....I thought it was decent but I had really high expectations. The scenery and SF were awesome, nothing looked really fake. The music reminded me of star trek, I didnt think it fit very well. Not sure why a squid came out of shaw, not sure why David infected Halloway either. I liked Vickers the best I think. The squid looked corny and the alien at the end was kinda dumb too. Anyone else notice that the alien at the end that came out of the engineer was on the wall in the big head room? Anyone else notice all the religious connections? Shaw and her cross, Engineers decided to destroy humans about 2000 yrs ago. (Crucification of Jesus) Interesting take. Hopefully the sequal will be better.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #35
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

*Spoiler Rebuttle*

David infected Halloway to either smuggle some of the DNA back to earth or just to see what would happen.

Squid came out of Shaw because Halloway was infected with that crap and passed his mutated seed onto her.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #36
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
*Spoiler Rebuttle*

David infected Halloway to either smuggle some of the DNA back to earth or just to see what would happen.

Squid came out of Shaw because Halloway was infected with that crap and passed his mutated seed onto her.
Yeah but wouldnt she have been infected too, like if Halloway had AIDS or Herpes she would then get it? Not just a mutant baby?

And yeah thats why I figured David infected Halloway when they were talking and the theme was....just because.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #37
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Saw it in 3D. I agree the effects and scenery were awesome. The story line could really only be interesting if you are a fan of the alien series.

The alien abortion scene was a trip...
Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #38
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
SPOILERS****not sure why David infected Halloway either.
I was wondering this myself too

Quote:
*Spoiler Rebuttle*
Is this just your theory or do you know something we dont
Old 06-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #39
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I was wondering this myself too

Is this just your theory or do you know something we dont
I consider myself an self proclaimed expert on all things Alien Franchise.

Plus infecting and smuggling Aliens back is Weylands MO.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #40
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I consider myself an self proclaimed expert on all things Alien Franchise.
Why do they mostly come out at night , mostly ?