Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Prometheus

Old 06-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why do they mostly come out at night , mostly ?
well played.

The other thing I was thinking....Engineer drinks black shit, dies starts life....Engineers have containers of black shit, worms get it, turn to cobra snakes, human turns to zombie. Why the difference, human DNA and Engineer DNA are the same. Also the other odd thing, Shaw just saw her BF get blow torched, David gets her preggo, she starts to notice wierd shit going on, yet still acts cool with everyone after her c section? Why was the med pod there to begin with, did they know they would need it for something? It was only set up for males, but it was in Vickers room? There were too many plot holes in this movie.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #42
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
well played.

The other thing I was thinking....Engineer drinks black shit, dies starts life....Engineers have containers of black shit, worms get it, turn to cobra snakes, human turns to zombie. Why the difference, human DNA and Engineer DNA are the same. Also the other odd thing, Shaw just saw her BF get blow torched, David gets her preggo, she starts to notice wierd shit going on, yet still acts cool with everyone after her c section? Why was the med pod there to begin with, did they know they would need it for something? It was only set up for males, but it was in Vickers room? There were too many plot holes in this movie.
The med pod/lifeboat/fancystuff was all there for Weland. The dude is a total douchebag and hated his daughter, why would he justify the expense of all of that stuff for her use?

As for the different effects of the nano-stuff, maybe there were different types. Meh, it is Ridley Scott's style to leave a lot of open ended stuff in his films. I think it is damn cool.

I mean seriously, how much time have we all spent thinking about the movie after we are done watching it? I know I have spent hours contemplating some of concepts they put in it...
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #43
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
The med pod/lifeboat/fancystuff was all there for Weland. The dude is a total douchebag and hated his daughter, why would he justify the expense of all of that stuff for her use?

As for the different effects of the nano-stuff, maybe there were different types. Meh, it is Ridley Scott's style to leave a lot of open ended stuff in his films. I think it is damn cool.

I mean seriously, how much time have we all spent thinking about the movie after we are done watching it? I know I have spent hours contemplating some of concepts they put in it...
Yeah for that reason its a good movie. One thing I still think about was Shaw and her Cross, the mural with the alien that looked like the alien that popped out of the eng's chest at the end, the mural looks like its being crussified, so they were pissed humans killed Jesus 2k yrs ago and wanted to kill humans with the black shit.

Didnt realize Weyland could use the fancy room too, that makes sense. Didnt want to see Vickers die, Theron looked damm hot in those tights.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #44
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why do they mostly come out at night , mostly ?
Cause their prey mostly sleeps at night...mostly.

As for the varying nanostuff, we don't just house one type of germ in germ warfare bunkers right? Same deal.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #45
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prome...ons-31317.html
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #47
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
I liked it quite a bit. I thought it was though provoking and stimulating.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #48

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
My other thought, why can't Vickers run sideways? Old football injury? I thought that was a pretty cheap way for her to die.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #49
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post

Yes, yes, and yes.

All these theories are just that. Nobody really knows that the hell is going on or why. Who's to say the casks and ooze were a bio weapon? Maybe they were containment vessels for invasive species (like the alien species), reverse engineered in the casks? Maybe the engineers were scientists just going around collecting life for research, much like human scientists do? Maybe it was a misfit band of Engineers that created life on Earth and other planets. Perhaps the "old guard" is who we saw and was sent out to clean up their mess. So many open-ended options and questions.

Also, there were several shots in the movie trailers that were not in the movie. I'm pretty tweaked by that.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #50
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know why that humanoid in the beginning killed himself with the biological weapon?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Does anyone know why that humanoid in the beginning killed himself with the biological weapon?
It's suspected that he sacrificed himself in order to create new life. His DNA + ooze = new life.
That new life which was build from his DNA eventually evolves into an alternate form of alien engineer, IE humans. That stuff that he had may not have been the exact same stuff that we saw later on in the movie.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #52
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
this was a good read

Quote:
Scientists suddenly become brave: Then there's the scene where the geologist and biologist are lost, scared and bumbling through the cave when they come across a penis-monster. Suddenly, instead of being scared and cowardly, they have a bout of braveness and curiosity, and start performing involuntary fellatio on cave slugs. This sudden change of character isn't explained. Of course, these are the same guys who minutes earlier were notified of life being detected to the West of their location, and they suddenly get their bearings and know to head East even though they got so disoriented that they got lost and missed the entrance to begin with. Weak.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....theus_nutshell
Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #54
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
My other thought, why can't Vickers run sideways? Old football injury? I thought that was a pretty cheap way for her to die.
Pretty much.

I think the movie should have ended with Shaw getting crushed because of her stomach injury (to have made it this far!!).

Vickers then gets contacted by David, eluding to she knew he was up to something the whole time, or they both where and the scene in the hallway was her fear he was double crossing her.

As she recovers his head, the knocked out "Engineer" comes too, creating tension - maybe even explains what's going on - but his chest explodes. Large slimy queen scurries off.

He was asleep to pause the process.

Vickers leaves a warning message using the alien ships (which the "truckers" interpret as a distress in the future) and the movie ends with a "now what".

Open ended ending. Her life pod is trashed, 2 year trip from Earth and an Alien queen is on the loose.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #55

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I just had really high expectations and I think there are too many holes in the plot for me to think the movie was good. The 2nd half felt really rushed, when Fifield turned into a zombie the crew inside didnt seem to care what was going on, Shaw just performs a c section on herself and sees David and is like hey whats up, oh Weland is here, Ill suit up and go back, oh and theres a squid in the medpod btw. WTF? It was obvioius Vickers was the daughter of Weland but the Father line was really corny. And yeah the 2 guys lost with teh snake that were freakin out earlier, that made no sense either. Why did teh snake kill one guy and then the other turn into a zombie? It looked like Halloway was going the way of the guy in the beginning just slower due to a smaller dose. Why did they hide Weland on the ship, did it even matter if he was tehre or not? I mean he was everyone's boss. I liked Vickers character but there wasnt really a reason for her to be there, she didnt act like she wanted to sleep for 2 yrs, bang captain and then get crushed by a spaceship.

My take is teh Engineer killed himself to start life, the black shit kills, and it was a WMD to kill humans cuz the engineers were pissed they killed Jesus, so they were going to Earth, there was a contamination everyone died. Except for 1 engineer who was aparantly still capable from flying the ship to Earth but he decided to sleep for 2k yrs?
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFZ View Post
Pretty much.

I think the movie should have ended with Shaw getting crushed because of her stomach injury (to have made it this far!!).

Vickers then gets contacted by David, eluding to she knew he was up to something the whole time, or they both where and the scene in the hallway was her fear he was double crossing her.

As she recovers his head, the knocked out "Engineer" comes too, creating tension - maybe even explains what's going on - but his chest explodes. Large slimy queen scurries off.

He was asleep to pause the process.

Vickers leaves a warning message using the alien ships (which the "truckers" interpret as a distress in the future) and the movie ends with a "now what".

Open ended ending. Her life pod is trashed, 2 year trip from Earth and an Alien queen is on the loose.
I think your version would have been fucking epic. And much more in sinc with the rest of the movies...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #57
CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Most fans of the franchise (AVP doesn't count) know Prometheus takes place on LV-223. Alien takes place on LV-426. It would be interesting if the crash on LV-426 is actually Shaw's tomb after another "encounter" with an xenomorph.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #58
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltpilot View Post
Most fans of the franchise (AVP doesn't count) know Prometheus takes place on LV-223. Alien takes place on LV-426. It would be interesting if the crash on LV-426 is actually Shaw's tomb after another "encounter" with an xenomorph.
They should have made it the same planet, making it a different planet only adds to the brain trauma.

At points during the movie I thought I was watching Sucker Punch.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #59

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I fill in an answer to one of the idiotic things in this movie, it just opens up another question.

For example, why was Fifield freakin out when he was lost, and scared as shit over the life form detection, only to try and pet a space snake? Oh he was high, smokin weed through his space suit. Wait a minute...Why the fuck was he smoking weed? A trillion dollar mission across the galaxy for the greatest discovery in history, a team of top tier professionals, and they dont even drug screen these guys? Freakin Home Depot does drug screening. UFB!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #60
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still trying to figure out how an "Alien" pops out if the engineer. Are engineers suits themselves for the Aliens, or was an Alien born when the giant squid humped the Engineer pilot? that's the only question i have. i really liked the movie, but i wish the alien at the end wasn't in it. you can hound me if you want, but i was hoping Scott was making this film original, aside the whole Alien series. I am fascinated by the engineers and hope to see a sequel to find the home planet of them.

All in all, everything made sense to me in the movie, wonderful special effects. i enjoyed it in Imax 3d.