Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The Hobbit

Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
December 14th fellas
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #24
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Dec 16th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sweet

5 days before Nibiru
Actually, the trailer says the 14th of Dec.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #25
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Yea yea yea
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #26
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You and your nibiru Pete. I wonder if anyone is going down for that from here?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
ok.... maybe i'm an idiot, but did you all know that this is only the first of 3 movies for The Hobbit?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/3...-release-date/

really Peter Jackson? you can't fit it all in one movie? . . . i mean, i'll see and spend money on every single one (hmmm, maybe that's all he really wants anyhow?.. ), but chopping The Hobbit in to 3 movies is kind of silly to me. the elf's will still be in Bilbo's house by the end of the first movie. they did fine with the LOTR movies making one film per book ... anyway, just throwing that out there..
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #28
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery

I didn't know that, but now I do, and I'm pleased.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #30
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, The Hobbit is a better tale than LOTR, to me at least.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #31
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
did you read the book though? there's a lot in there
how dare you sir?!

but yes, I've read the book more times than you've picked coffee beans and pineapples . . .

. . combined
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #32
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
ok.... maybe i'm an idiot, but did you all know that this is only the first of 3 movies for The Hobbit?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/3...-release-date/

really Peter Jackson? you can't fit it all in one movie? . . . i mean, i'll see and spend money on every single one (hmmm, maybe that's all he really wants anyhow?.. ), but chopping The Hobbit in to 3 movies is kind of silly to me. the elf's will still be in Bilbo's house by the end of the first movie. they did fine with the LOTR movies making one film per book ... anyway, just throwing that out there..
Dude, there may not be as much length as far as pages but there is TONS of content that you can't just show a scene of, the battle of five armies for example; that's not talked about much in the book, but does play a major role in the story, so you do it it's due diligence.
Beorn, not someone you can just meet in the woods, explain his talking dogs and move on. It all takes time on film.
The men of dale, same thing.
The wood elves, all those little adventures they had just getting to the mountain.

It was originally slated to be two parts, but about 6 months ago PJ opted for a third so that he could better tell the story. I think it's a smart option, and c'mon guys, you're going to complain about seeing MORE great and epic movies?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #33
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
I think it's a smart option, and c'mon guys, you're going to complain about seeing MORE great and epic movies?
oh, not complaining. that's definitely an awesome thing. . . just the fact that i'm going to have to wait 3 years to see them all is what's bugging me.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
Purveyor of Fun

Well, in that case, I'm right there with ya. Hahaha. Hopefully we get better Legos than we did out of Lotr. I thought they could do better than having you build gandalfs cart.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #35
Big Metal Hubajube
oZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SatCom Veteran
oZmonKey's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Evangeline Lilly will be playing Tauriel.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
Purveyor of Fun

Who is a totally made up character. I'm interested to see what they do with that. Legolas' love interest?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
Big Metal Hubajube
oZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shedoZmonKey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SatCom Veteran
oZmonKey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who is a totally made up character. I'm interested to see what they do with that. Legolas' love interest?
"Peter Jackson has confirmed there will be no romantic connection to Legolas." per IMDB
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #38
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
new trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1SJ7yaa7cI
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #39
Purveyor of Fun

Never get tired of watching that. Only a month away!