Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The Hobbit

Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #41
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hey now....
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You keep that up and you'll get a stern warning from me mister. After that I can't be responsible for what punitive measures are taken. But rest assured you will not recover cookies on Christmas.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #44
Purveyor of Fun

Who's seen it?! I thought it was awesome!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #45
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Saw it last night. Long and drawn out intro. Everything else was fine.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #46
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Do not watch it in 48FPS 3D

I understand that how it was intended to be seen, but it wasnt as immersive as the 24fps version. The clarity, and fast precise movement made me feel a little off. The frame rate made some parts look sped up too.

Cute idea, but it should have been tried on a test bed, not "THE HOBBIT"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDzwDr_SdSg
Old 12-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #47
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought it was awesome, although it is a very long movie. Obviously, I saw it in theaters, which I don't like actually like. They put the sounds so goddamn loud that I got a splitting headache about halfway through the movie.

Matt
Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #48
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
Best part was the Bilbo Gollum scene, Hands down.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #49
toyoTRDtaco is on a distinguished road

EMS: Medic
toyoTRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I lOved it. Can't wait for the second already.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #50
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Do not watch it in 48FPS 3D

I understand that how it was intended to be seen, but it wasnt as immersive as the 24fps version. The clarity, and fast precise movement made me feel a little off. The frame rate made some parts look sped up too.

Cute idea, but it should have been tried on a test bed, not "THE HOBBIT"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDzwDr_SdSg
I saw it the same way. Kinda intense but I agree with you. Didn't really like the movie tho, intro was slow as shit.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #51
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I saw it last thursday it was good (not wow amazing but good)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
Purveyor of Fun

I've seen it three times now, twice in IMAX 3d high frame rate, once in standard. I have to say, watching it in high frame rate and then seeing it in the standard 24fps I felt like I was missing pieces of it. I thought that 48fps was incredibly immersive! And not being a fan of 3d I could have done without that but it was very well done. Best 3d I've seen. All in all I loved it and thought the HFR was really quite enjoyable. Felt like the old bbc narnia series to me which makes me curious, did they USED to shoot at 48 FPS and then switch to 24???

I will say though, I agree some parts did look sped up. Specifically the goblin kingdom chase sequence and radagast in the woods. I'm wondering what that's about, because it wasn't all the time so it makes me think it was intentionally done.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #53
I am faster than 80% of all snakes.
Ben83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBen83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Intelligence Analyst for 10 years and then moved on.
Name: Ben
Ben83's Tacoma Gallery
I liked it but I don't understand why they felt the need to change the original story so much.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #54
Purveyor of Fun

I like the way they tweaked it, the necromancer is just building a bridge between this and Lotr. I went back after watching it Monday and watched the fellowship again, it rely does fill in some pieces there for you. Solidifies people's character and that sort of thing.

Also one piece that kinda blew my mind, so they filmed the fellowship around 13 years ago, and they have on bilbos green front door a reprinted patch JUST where gandalf made the mark! I paused it and went 'no way!' They were thinking of continuity for these films even back then!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #55
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey6 View Post
Best part was the Bilbo Gollum scene, Hands down.
Agreed

Saw it tonight , it was great
Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #56
Purveyor of Fun

Did you see it in 3d and all that jazz Pete?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #57
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you see it in 3d and all that jazz Pete?
No man , just in our little theatre here where I live
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #58
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No man , just in our little theatre here where I live
Gotcha, if you get the opportunity,it's worth it in IMAX and all that. And I normally hate 3d.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #59

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotcha, if you get the opportunity,it's worth it in IMAX and all that. And I normally hate 3d.
I'm probably gonna go see it again before it's not showing here anymore
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #60
Purveyor of Fun

I saw the LOTR trilogy a combined 32 times between the three films, so you'll not get made fun of by me for seeing it again