LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Nissan ripping off Tacoma Commercials

Old 01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan ripping off Tacoma Commercials

Anyone else see the Nissan commercials that show their trucks doing insane tricks and filmed as if it is a youtube vid filmed by the buddies of the dudes driving the Nissans? One in particular shows a Nissan skooting down a ski loop and doing a full twist off a ski jump only to land on all fours to the delight of his buddies.

Someone needs to fire the marketing team that put this together because it is a complete and utter rip-off of the marketing campaign Toyota did for the Tacoma's a few years ago. The one in particular I liked was the Tacoma owner floating on a piece of earth in space, intact and unscathed, from the assumed destruction of earth.

I mean, come on Nissan, at least try to set yourself apart from Toyota to some degree. Whats next? Nissan owners jumping in front of their Nissans exclaiming 'I love what you do for me!".

EDIT: I know some folks will offer that the marketing campaign is just trying to piggy back off the success of the Tacoma, but when I see the Nissan commercials, all I think about is how Toyota has already done it. So for me, I think Toyota when I see the Nissan commercials.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Or not.....
Old 01-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the plane landing on the bed of the truck was funny.
Still wouldn't buy a Frontier.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with you, total rip-off. But there's a saying, something like "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
TACOMA31750
1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed1rooster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1rooster's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I saw it on a display t.v. while waiting in line to pay my windstream bill! I got a few looks while chuckling then i realized it wasnt a tacoma commercial then it ended with me shaking my dead
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
I thought the plane landing on the bed of the truck was funny.
Still wouldn't buy a Frontier.
The best part of that one is the fact (that most won't realize) landing speed for a airliner (747, and not sure that one is, but my point) is between 130-160mph.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i seen these. will never buy a fronty though
Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
What about my Member???
NaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shedNaYoung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NaYoung's Tacoma Gallery
Commercials would be better if the Frontier wasn't so damn ugly. Not bias at all but the front end looks horrible.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
The best part of that one is the fact (that most won't realize) landing speed for a airliner (747, and not sure that one is, but my point) is between 130-160mph.
That was the best part? Not the fact the frontier has a payload to hold a 500 ton plane! I can't beleive these things aren't flying off the shelf.

OP, I do agree with you, the first thing I thought when I saw the commercials was that it must be the same agency that did the Toyota ads.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #10
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I think the commercials are pretty good. Gets you to watch them.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Death Technician
NFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shedNFK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Cpl / Second Battalion / Princes Patrica Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI)
Name: Nick
NFK's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Anyone else see the Nissan commercials that show their trucks doing insane tricks and filmed as if it is a youtube vid filmed by the buddies of the dudes driving the Nissans? One in particular shows a Nissan skooting down a ski loop and doing a full twist off a ski jump only to land on all fours to the delight of his buddies.

Someone needs to fire the marketing team that put this together because it is a complete and utter rip-off of the marketing campaign Toyota did for the Tacoma's a few years ago. The one in particular I liked was the Tacoma owner floating on a piece of earth in space, intact and unscathed, from the assumed destruction of earth.

I mean, come on Nissan, at least try to set yourself apart from Toyota to some degree. Whats next? Nissan owners jumping in front of their Nissans exclaiming 'I love what you do for me!".

EDIT: I know some folks will offer that the marketing campaign is just trying to piggy back off the success of the Tacoma, but when I see the Nissan commercials, all I think about is how Toyota has already done it. So for me, I think Toyota when I see the Nissan commercials.

thought the same thing a month back kinda pissed me off
Old 01-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
DreDog is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
DreDog's Tacoma Gallery
those commercials are funny. my sisters boyfriend has a frontier and the commercial will come on and he just starts yelling and getting excited lol. last week he goes "look what my truck can do! can yours do that?"
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #14
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Fake CGI with warnings saying its fake

http://youtu.be/0DefiYiEF4E

Real, no CGI video of toyota pickup getting blown up and still drives...
http://youtu.be/kFnVZXQD5_k

Anyone can make a fake video but let me see a Nissan anything do that