LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Hmmm. To 3dtv or to not 3dtv.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm. To 3dtv or to not 3dtv.

So the wife and i plan on getting a new tv for our upstairs. Our upstairs is where we usually just watch TV. We have a blu ray player but it doesn't do 3d. We have a 42" plasma right now, and will probably upgrade to something 60" or bigger. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth getting something that does 3d to try to "future proof" it.

I was leaning towards not, since the main movie watching happens downstairs in the home theater. Down there I have a 67" samsung LED DLP. It doesn't do 3d either, but when it dies I will probably do a projector and a screen that does do 3d.

any thoughts or opinions?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
My GF's dad just got them a 3D tv and I vote yes simply because you can select basically any time you want and on any standard TV show to turn it on or leave it off. Obviously its better with a 3D movie but it also works on the basic channels with the touch of a button. So I would have to vote yes if you wish to be up to date with technology or are interested in future proofing your investment.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
i void warranties
Tvtech is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Tvtech's Tacoma Gallery
Future proof would be glassless 3d but where a few years out. I personally wouldn't bother paying more for 3d. I don't like coming home an putting glasses on to watch TV. And average life of TVs today seems to be 5-10 years. So I'd save the money and hold out for the next gen. when your new one goes out in 5-10 years.