LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

DVD Player that plays XviD?

Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
DVD Player that plays XviD?

I usually watch my shows/videos taken from my computer (mostly .AVIs encoded with XVID) on my XBOX 360 but I'd like another player for the living room that can do the same without shelling out another $200-$300

Anyone have a suggestion?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
My Other Ride...Da Misses
NewfeAB is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
NewfeAB's Tacoma Gallery
I've been doing that same thing for years with a cheap DVD player that I had bought at walmart. Just look for one with the DivX logo on it and for 99% of stuff you should be good to go!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'll check it out, But I'm looking for something I can just plug a USB Stick or HDD into and dont have to burn them to dvd/CD
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
My Other Ride...Da Misses
NewfeAB is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
NewfeAB's Tacoma Gallery
Well the DVD player I had did have a USB port on it that I could play vids off a stick but it was glitchy as sin. That being said this was like 7 or 8 years ago so it was probably shitty technology at the time. The other thing I could suggest is a WDTV by Western Digital, its kind of like a dumbed down media box. My buddy has one of those and thats basicly all it is. Just a little box, plug it into your tv and plug it into power and give it a usb stick and away you go. I guess you could always go with an AppleTV as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #5
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
check out pioneer, I have the 3200BT and it has a usb, and sd ports right in front which is great.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
I was looking at THIS for ~$60 but it doesn't play DVDs and it's only HDMI, I'd rather have composite or multiple options since I only have one TV thats HDMI

$100 is the max I'm looking to spend, Want USB (AVI/DIVX) and DVD capability for HOME use NOT Car Audio/In Dash

Products Discussed in this Thread