1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TyT, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    I already suspected as much from them in the show but I couldn't agree more with A&E's decision.

It is one thing to state your opinion, But when you are employed by and become a public figure of a company you have to walk on egg shells because everything you say, everything you do is amplified and since you are representing a company that owns something as big as your show. You have to be smart on what you say... I am sure the rest of the DD crew think similarly but will not say it aloud especially in an interview.

Ignorance is present and has been expected... But because you expect something of your employee disciplinary action will be taken for saying something offensive.

I can't go into work and talk about how fake and disgusting I find the bible to be, I'll get written up or possibly fired. the freedom of speech law is only active against forms of government.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  2. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    GuyWithCamera

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,"

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...anti-gay-remarks-spark-outrage-134231650.html

I have no desire or ever even had the thought of bestiality... It's really quite offensive to be compared to it and ignorant to say such thing.

3. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    This is correct. No matter his beliefs, every tv show is based on money (of course!). Not only does A&E have their beliefs, but, even more important, the corporations who pay A&E to advertise during their shows have their beliefs, too. Neither the corporations nor the network are going to make money by those words. Just the way it is.

4. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Magnetic Gray Double Cab
    There's plenty of people that would still watch the show after his comments, because they also support his beliefs. So plenty of money to still be made.

This was fear on A&Es part of the militant LGBT community, that will viciously attack anyone that they view as intolerant to their chosen lifestyle.

Well the ball also bounces the other way, and their intolerance of Christian beliefs is in full view as well.

5. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    T4golfR

T4golfR Golf dad > Soccer mom

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Golf club accommodation mods
    We are the United States of the Offended when it comes to topics like homosexuality, racism, etc. There is and always will be double standards with all of it. For example, they have gay pride marches....yet you never see people against gay pride marches. We have things black history month and BET(Black Entertainment Television) but never have I seen nor ever will see white history month or WET. Because that would be "severely racist." However, back to Phil Robertson, do I disagree with what he said, absolutely not. Do I agree, more so than disagree. People say we have freedom of speech, but that is the biggest misconception I've ever seen or heard. No one can voice their opinion without getting absolutely chastised. I could go on about this until I am blue in the face but truth be told, until the general public stops actually "caring" what everyone else thinks, or people of certain beliefs, thoughts, or actions stop getting butt hurt(no pun intended) about what someone else (mainly famous people) thinks, the only direction this country is going to continue to go is down.

6. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Naw, sorry. Much more money to lose by having him say that and continue the show with him than there is to just cut him loose. :) The production company just sold last December for a nice chunk of change, too, so their parent company wouldn't be too happy with their purchase.

7. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Actually a bunch of religious groups protested at the local one here

8. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    GuyWithCamera

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    A&E has other shows and an entire network to keep in consideration. The "militant" LGBT and our allies would most likely have boycotted A&E into taking some sort of disciplinary action.

Christians are also very militant (WBC). But I do admit that equality needs to be a 2 way street on ALL aspects.

But the false assumption that being gay was a choice makes it clearly evident that I wont get anywhere regardless how clear and with my first hand experiences will not be able to get you to understand it.

9. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    So then why not cancel the show? Because A&E still wants their cash cow, even though A&E probably knows all the stars of the show probably hold the same or similar beliefs.

If they are that offended by the comments they need to cancel the show.

10. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R
    Was it a planned march for gay pride and the religious group showed up out of spite or was it actually planned as an "Anti gay march"

I've seen the latter of that many times, but you just don't ever see, or at least I never have, an actual march "against" something. Now I understand that it would really be counter productive by bringing attention to something they are against, but nonetheless its rarely if ever seen.

11. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Gay pride march picketed by religious groups

12. Dec 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    GuyWithCamera

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    They would have to destroy a contract and give one to another show to fill the time spot... then consider the duck dynasty merchandise (chiapet, glasses, toys, beef jerky etc...) it would have to be a slow death which they might be doing

13. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Exactly what I said, their outrage will only cost them so much, and they hope this token action will appease the group offended and they can go on merrily making the money they were before.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  14. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    This is absolutely correct. Just not the last sentence, though. There's money to be made, and DD is the biggest cable hit in..... ever. It rivals network numbers, which is astounding.

Keep in mind, the entertainment industry is filled with many differing types of people, so accepting everyone (not just gay folks) is simply routine here.

15. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    This type of opinion didn't hurt Chick-fil-A. Just sayin.

I could care less what 2 consenting adults do with each other. I believe what I believe, and I don't push that on anyone. So I expect the same from others. Everyone is allowed their opinion and to believe what they want. With that said, I don't think sexuality should be advertised. I don't care what you are, nor would I expect you to care what I am.

Phil said what he believes, and so be it. A&E is covering their ass, and in tv land being all about money, I would expect no less. If it was my family though, I would expect them to back me up.

16. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    T4golfR

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    HSV, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 T4R

I couldn't agree more with this post:cheers:

17. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Chik-Fil-A isn't a global business.

18. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    Brodie

Brodie Gear Jammer

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    It will be interesting to see what the family does going forward.

19. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Still a business.

20. Dec 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Yes. Just not nearly as large as A&E, as well as being in a completely different industry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top