LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Courageous movie

Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
Courageous movie

So sat down and watched the movie Courageous with my wife last night. As a believer, the movie was very inspirational and left me knowing I need to be a stronger Christian. As a father, the movie punched me right in the face. My son is only 10 months old, but how many times already have I neglected my fatherly duties because of my own selfishness. The duty and responsibility that comes along with being a father is challenging yet amazing.

Fathers, I challenge you today to SHOW your child that you love him/her.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconhurler View Post
So sat down and watched the movie Courageous with my wife last night. As a believer, the movie was very inspirational and left me knowing I need to be a stronger Christian. As a father, the movie punched me right in the face. My son is only 10 months old, but how many times already have I neglected my fatherly duties because of my own selfishness. The duty and responsibility that comes along with being a father is challenging yet amazing.

Fathers, I challenge you today to SHOW your child that you love him/her.
man that movie was great,mad props to u for showing your faith in the one true KING,Jesus Christ.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Sherwood Pictures and Provident Films are making sound Christ centered films, and it's incredibly refreshing to see how the public is responding to such films as Fireproof and Courageous.

Box Office:
Budget: $2,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend: $9,063,147 (USA) (2 October 2011) (1161 Screens)
Gross: $34,522,221 (USA) (22 January 2012)

*Taken from IMDB

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Mathew 24:14 (NIV)

And what a great day that will be!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
Sherwood Pictures and Provident Films are making sound Christ centered films, and it's incredibly refreshing to see how the public is responding to such films as Fireproof and Courageous.

Box Office:
Budget: $2,000,000 (estimated)
Opening Weekend: $9,063,147 (USA) (2 October 2011) (1161 Screens)
Gross: $34,522,221 (USA) (22 January 2012)

*Taken from IMDB

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." Mathew 24:14 (NIV)

And what a great day that will be!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Great movie and great lessons to learn.
We never know what will happen tomorrow and what opportunities we will have missed.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
tootsgeek is on a distinguished road
tootsgeek's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome movie that every father should see.

Thanks maconhurler for stepping up and starting this post.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
haven't seen it, but my pops said it was excellent as well.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to check it out.

I'm not a follower of the faith, but my wife and I watched Fire Proof several months ago and it made a huge impact on how we view our relationship. It's one of the most influential (in a good way) films I've seen.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #9

Navy:
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltpilot View Post
I'll have to check it out.

I'm not a follower of the faith, but my wife and I watched Fire Proof several months ago and it made a huge impact on how we view our relationship. It's one of the most influential (in a good way) films I've seen.
that is awesome man,my wife and I have seen it 2x,we just got done with a small group of us from church doing the Fire proof ur marriage workbook took about 13 weeks. Pretty great stuff.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cesar
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
Im a christian but even if i wasn't this movie have to change every father out there, if you are a father and watch this movie and do not learn or change your ways either you are from other planet or you are god, there are so many things to learn from this movie, I encourage every single person out there to watch it you wont regret it. it will bring blessings to you and your family

God Bless you
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #12
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
I am gonna have to check out both of these movies. I am a father of two young kids and it is very easy to take life for granted because of how busy we get in ordinary daily routines. Several years ago a good friend of mine turned me onto the book Wild at Heart. I highly recommend it to men especially young men just starting out adult hood and marriage. Thank you for this thread. Good day and God Bless