Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Just wanting opinions and constructive criticism

Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanting opinions and constructive criticism

Hey TW,
For the past year and few months I have been making music with my band. Lately we've been doing shows and the outcome has been okay, I really can't complain, but I see many bands around me that are way more successful and they're music (in my opinion) really isn't all that great. I just wanted to post my demo for you guys to listen to and give your opinions and constructive criticism. I just want to know what you guys think is all.

Like us on Facebook if you do, let me know why if you don't!

I appreciate it TW

http://neptunesexplode.bandcamp.com/
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I like your website and your band's music.
My tastes are pretty widespread & I listen to many live shows in our area.
Listening to little snippets of most of the songs, it brought me back to Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd.
Not sure if this helps or not.
If I had faceboook I would certainly like it & have past your link onto many of my friends who are into music in my area.
I think its pretty cool you are opening up to channeling energy into making your music more successful.
I find focusing on my goals & actually visualizing success helps achieve my end result.
There will always be naysayers.
Good luck & wish you the best with your music and band
Here is a bump for others to chime in.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Just opened your page.

First thing: No songs 3.5 minutes long = no commercial success.

2.5 minutes into the first song on the page and I got bored and turned it off.

Sorry it's not very constructive. Being a musician is basically the hardest way to make a living. I'm not saying your music is bad but I am saying this: Don't quit your day job.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I like your website and your band's music.
My tastes are pretty widespread & I listen to many live shows in our area.
Listening to little snippets of most of the songs, it brought me back to Dark Side of the Moon Pink Floyd.
Not sure if this helps or not.
If I had faceboook I would certainly like it & have past your link onto many of my friends who are into music in my area.
I think its pretty cool you are opening up to channeling energy into making your music more successful.
I find focusing on my goals & actually visualizing success helps achieve my end result.
There will always be naysayers.
Good luck & wish you the best with your music and band
Here is a bump for others to chime in.
Thank you so much. Pink Floyd is a huge influence, and that's a badass album. Believe it or not though, its not the album that inspired me though, it was actually the song "Echoes" off of their album "Meddle". But thank you so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post
Just opened your page.

First thing: No songs 3.5 minutes long = no commercial success.

2.5 minutes into the first song on the page and I got bored and turned it off.

Sorry it's not very constructive. Being a musician is basically the hardest way to make a living. I'm not saying your music is bad but I am saying this: Don't quit your day job.
Hey I appreciated the honesty, the whole instrumental/experimental/long ass song thing is DEFINITELY not for everyone and I am aware of that. I dont plan on quitting my day job actually, MIS masters, short career in a high paying job, and then college professor is my goal, but wouldn't it be sweet if this thing took off?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
Four Wheel Drive With Room For Five!
Order66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud ofOrder66 has much to be proud of

Name: Nick
Order66's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are definitely hitting your genre. I'm a drummer myself, and the rolls, beats, and fill ins pretty much match up with the rest of the instruments. This is the kind of stuff I play when just jamming with my friends. It all sounds good for what you're doing, however, unfortunately, the style of music you're playing is not popular in high demand. But, that has never stopped anybody from chasing a dream. You guys are talented, keep up the good work!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
You guys are definitely hitting your genre. I'm a drummer myself, and the rolls, beats, and fill ins pretty much match up with the rest of the instruments. This is the kind of stuff I play when just jamming with my friends. It all sounds good for what you're doing, however, unfortunately, the style of music you're playing is not popular in high demand. But, that has never stopped anybody from chasing a dream. You guys are talented, keep up the good work!
Thank you! It's just a real fun hobby for us, I just wanted peoples thoughts on it.