Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Headphones Anyone?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Headphones Anyone?

What kind do you'll have and what are the good ones out there? I'm looking for a good quality set with powerful base driven sound.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some over the ear audio technica and in the ear audio technica. I bought them because they were noise cancelling. They work very well at that, but I don't think the bass is anything to brag about. I prefer the over the ear, but I don't like the hassle of bringing them on the plane, their case is quite large.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...9875241&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...9875241&sr=8-3
Old 12-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i know some people are going to fire back with anti-bose sentiments...but ive got these:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event...9677&src=k9677

i love them...theyre very comfortable and great sound...tho they arent noise cancelling...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Depending what you need them for; Im not a big fan of Sony, but these delivered some quality sound for the price. I use them for my ipod when I run, they rap over the ear and are noise canceling... Try amazon for some good pricing..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1149206847258
Old 12-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i use these at home

and switch between these in the ipod

FYI: for the in-ear type, the shorter the "stalk" from the headphone to the wire, the more you will hear any impact to the wire. (i.e. brushing up against a zipper or hitting it with your hand)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1177112902751
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX71S.../dp/B000092YQW
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...ser-hd-485.php
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
I have those Skull Candy smokin budz ear buds, they are posted right above me.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #7
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
What kind do you want, over the ear or in the ear? If over the ear,where do you plan on using them?

If you want over the ear headphones and you want to wear them in public, go for a closed set. I recommend Sony MDR-7506's. GREAT sound (Audio producers use them in the studio to listen to the music and get rid of sounds that shouldn't be there.)

If you want them just for around the house, go with open airs. I recommend Grado SR-60's or SR-80's. No personal experience, but many audiophiles wear Grados.

If you want earbuds, go with Etymotic ER6i's.

The MDR-7506's and SR-80's can be found for a bit under $100, and the SR-60's and ER6i's are about $70-$80.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I got some cheapo white Sony headphones from Walmart a few back. The kind that go in your ear. They sound pretty good and for I think $5 they where an excellent buy.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Stax SR30 driven by a Stax STD40 unit. Not exactly portable though, they're powered by the speaker outputs on an amp.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Sony MDR-7506 Professional. Very sweet indeed.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the Sony MDR-W08's They sound great and are light.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #12
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Sony MDR-V600s that are getting a little long in the tooth, but still sound great. I wear them all day, every day at work.

I bought the Bose QC2 over the ear style and they were comfortable, sounded awesome, easy to transport with their folding design, but after about 30 minutes, they gave me a headache. Apparently, this isn't all that unusual with noise cancelling headphones, however, it never happened with my noise cancelling earbuds. I was SOOO bummed! I've thought about trying the QC3s, but I really like the over the ear design.

Might take a look at the MDR-7506 though...
Old 12-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
I have some Sony MDR-V600s that are getting a little long in the tooth, but still sound great. I wear them all day, every day at work.

I bought the Bose QC2 over the ear style and they were comfortable, sounded awesome, easy to transport with their folding design, but after about 30 minutes, they gave me a headache. Apparently, this isn't all that unusual with noise cancelling headphones, however, it never happened with my noise cancelling earbuds. I was SOOO bummed! I've thought about trying the QC3s, but I really like the over the ear design.

Might take a look at the MDR-7506 though...
AFAIK, the MDR-V600's are a newer version of the old ass MDR-V6's. I think that whenever they switched to the V600's the quality went down a little bit from the V6. If you love your V600's you'll DEFINATELY love 7506's.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #14
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Mine,
Denon AHD2000 plugged into a hybrid tube amp.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #15
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Most nice, I've had Denon gear in the past and never been disappointed. What amp is it you're running?

Edit: sorry don't answer that don't wanna de-rail thread.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #16
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Mosscode hybrid. I like rolling tubes with different types of music. It's weird I know.. What can I say
Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #18

On my Stax the drivers are electrostatic, so they need a lot of power to push. Hence they use the speaker outs on my amp, have them hooked to the "B" outputs.

The Denons OU812 uses will plug into the headphone jack of a preamp, before the amp.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #19
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input guys. I fould them very helpful. Keep them coming and feel free to discuss amp's, speaker etc.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #20

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I only use the headphones when I feel the need to "veg out" and not bother anyone else. Those are very comfortable with not too much tension on your head. I believe dj's use those or something similar. I bought them secondhand and fell in love with them after I tried them on.

Speakers upstairs are Klipsch Forte powered by Nakamichi stasis amp.
Downstairs are Klipsch f3's ran by Mosscode hybrid tube amp.
Surround is Pioneer Elite amp running Infiniti fronts, BIC America center and JBL rears.

Products Discussed in this Thread