1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dish Network ROKU 2 XD deal for losing AMC channel

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by scionicboom, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    scionicboom

scionicboom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner Crew Cab
    Clazzio seat covers, Stubby antenna, debadged, tint, window visors, Flowmaster 40, Grillcraft, Tube Steps, Undercover, Kenwood DDX419, Pyle Headrest monitors.
    Just wanted to share some money savings to fellow TW members.

As some may or may not know Dish Network lost the AMC channel. I called their disconnect line to see what kind of deal they could give me to "stay" with them. Keep in mind that I have over a year left on my contract so in reality I wouldn't leave anyway.

They offered to send me a free ROKU 2 XD, $30 credit, $10 credit for every month left on my contract, and all the movie channels that I select for half price for 6 months. (Coincidentally I was going to buy a ROKU 2 XD this weekend). :cool:

So if anyone else has Dish I suggest taking advantage of this deal. You have to go to their disconnect department when you select the phone option and not their regular customer service.

Good luck.

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Thanks for the tip! I've been with Dish for years and years and years.. Once ever 2-3 years I call and say I'm done with them, they lower my prices and get me more stuff. But a free ROKU will be nice :)

3. Jul 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    scionicboom

scionicboom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Augusta, GA
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner Crew Cab
    Clazzio seat covers, Stubby antenna, debadged, tint, window visors, Flowmaster 40, Grillcraft, Tube Steps, Undercover, Kenwood DDX419, Pyle Headrest monitors.
    Forgot to mention if they ask if you have a PS3 or XBOX 360 to say "NO". I'm assuming they ask this to avoid sending out the ROKU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top