Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

new show! ONE CAR TO FAR

Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
new show! ONE CAR TO FAR

looks good so far. they air drop a jeep somewhere remote and two guys have to get out..3-days.

they just dropped it into a friggen rain forest!! wow.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that show looks epic! Really looking forward to it
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
farbio615 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11B  enough said
Name: Adam
farbio615's Tacoma Gallery
i sent them an email saying "drop myself and my roommate off like 10 miles from them and see who makes it out quicker" Just want to see the response. Ya never know what weird shit you will get in return. "we will be there to pick ya up in two weeks" would be nice

i really wonder how these shows get picked up, and wonder even more how certain people get lucky enough to get paid to do all that fun stuff. The army is fun but not always enjoyable 9 day field exercise starts at 0500 tomorrow so maybe I am a little bias at the moment
Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
So.. All I was thinking when I was watching this last night was how much I wanted to punch that Asian guy in the throte so he would stop crying.

I think by the end of this the British will gut him and hang him from a tree.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the show was kinda stupid..they left gear behind..very contrived.

the jeep was cool..and i bet the rain forest grew back right behind them...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
yup, basically a slap in the face to Tread Lightly.

Lets send the message to millions of people that we don't need trails and to just make your own. x2, it is fucking bullshit and makes us wheelers look bad
No shit.. Where's the evironmentalist's now?? This show is sending the wrong message.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
I had high hopes, but I'm done with it now. Been removed from the DVR list.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbio615 View Post
i sent them an email saying "drop myself and my roommate off like 10 miles from them and see who makes it out quicker" Just want to see the response. Ya never know what weird shit you will get in return. "we will be there to pick ya up in two weeks" would be nice

i really wonder how these shows get picked up, and wonder even more how certain people get lucky enough to get paid to do all that fun stuff. The army is fun but not always enjoyable 9 day field exercise starts at 0500 tomorrow so maybe I am a little bias at the moment
Hopefully you wrote the production company and not Discovery. Stranger things have happened, but obviously not the norm. The shows get picked up by doing legwork, sizzle reels, hustling, knowing people, and timing. Those two did seem a bit lucky, but they were probably picked by the production company and then sold to Discovery. You only need a decent idea, average hosts w/ personality, a bit of high-production value and play up the drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
So.. All I was thinking when I was watching this last night was how much I wanted to punch that Asian guy in the throte so he would stop crying.

I think by the end of this the British will gut him and hang him from a tree.
Yeah, he annoyed me, too. Doesn't seem to fit a survivalist show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Fucking up pristine unspoiled wilderness...what a bunch of crap.
I'm with you, but don't think for a second that doing this wasn't approved by the country/area they're in. I wouldn't doubt they knew which way they were headed, too.

No longer watching the show either, sadly.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I watched the episode (maybe the first) where they were on a glacier. I spent most of it yelling at the TV. And wondering why they didn't just get a ride with the camera crew when they broke the Jeep. It won't be making my must-watch list.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
The second show proved that they were making crap up to make it interesting. The whole twig in the spark plug line, and the hand throttle? Come on. Neat to see how they fix those things, but I'd bet a dollar neither of those things actually broke on that trip. They just needed crap to make Wu look like he was needed out there.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
The second show proved that they were making crap up to make it interesting. The whole twig in the spark plug line, and the hand throttle? Come on. Neat to see how they fix those things, but I'd bet a dollar neither of those things actually broke on that trip. They just needed crap to make Wu look like he was needed out there.
His hat read " I *heart* Wu". I wanted to stab him.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Those two guys are freaken retarded at any wheeling.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
Every show makes something up to be interesting. Reality tv is merely taking real people and putting them into different, structured situations. A twig in the spark plug line at least teaches me something, so that's cool. Just wish the rest of the show wasn't nails on a chalkboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I watched the episode (maybe the first) where they were on a glacier. I spent most of it yelling at the TV. And wondering why they didn't just get a ride with the camera crew when they broke the Jeep. It won't be making my must-watch list.
They can't get a ride with the camera crew or else the integrity of the show would plummet and thereby it's immediately canceled. $$ loss. Remember the survivor show where the host was actually spending nights in hotels? That did a number on the way reality tv in that vein is filmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
His hat read " I *heart* Wu". I wanted to stab him.

I'm just saying, a TacomaWorld show could be much more interesting....
Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Awesome show they make it dramatic but it's good show
I'm sorry, but please proceed to the nearest licensing agency and turn in your ManCard. In exchange they will give you an "I *heart* Wu" hat.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #17

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
I'm sorry, but please proceed to the nearest licensing agency and turn in your ManCard. In exchange they will give you an "I *heart* Wu" hat.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a commercial for the show threw it on the DVR list just to check it out watching the first 1 I've ever seen today there in the desert kind of dumb some of the stuff that guy teaches you is kind of cool I wish they would have picked a better car or at least 1 that was set up to do some really serious 4 wheel driving but I guess that's part of the show to use a okay 4 wheel drive I know my old truck would do better off road than that Jeep and it's at least 10 years older than that Jeep
Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
They just used egg whits to stop a radiator leak I learned that trick from MacGyver when I was 12 LOL
Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
They just used egg whits to stop a radiator leak I learned that trick from MacGyver when I was 12 LOL
ya buddy!.............right when it broke i looked over at my GF and said use an egg white dipshit!!! My GF was like what!? ........i said...........what?! Richard Dean Anderson baby....dont you know?!............then bam! outcomes the rotten eggs the asian kept talking shit about...............i about shit myself.

Kinda entertaining...........but so over done and dramatisized.