1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

don't get it

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by coffeesnob, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 5, 2012 at 3:27 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    During the Alabama-Michigan game on Saturday, analyst Brent Musburger said something so horrible and so outrageous that it not only caused fellow analyst Kirk Herbstreit to lose his composure, but it also caused ABC to mute Musburger's audio for a few seconds.
    So what was this horrible thing Musberger said?
    He said the word "piss."
    -- insert cricket noise here --
    Here was the sentence: "Did I miss something, or did you not piss an SEC team to play for a national championship?"

Whenever a sport commentator, player, race car driver says a "naughty" word the networks get all up in arms over it, oh it's just terrible they say, we are sorry, we don't condone this talk. But......those words and much worse are aired daily by these same companies and they evidently do condone these. Heck even the animated shows like family guy talk a lot more trashy and offensive than anything heard on a sports telecast..What am I missing besides double standards,,yes I know about advertising dollars but I would say most of these advertisers support the aforementioned crud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top