Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

don't get it

Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
don't get it

During the Alabama-Michigan game on Saturday, analyst Brent Musburger said something so horrible and so outrageous that it not only caused fellow analyst Kirk Herbstreit to lose his composure, but it also caused ABC to mute Musburger's audio for a few seconds.
So what was this horrible thing Musberger said?
He said the word "piss."
-- insert cricket noise here --
Here was the sentence: "Did I miss something, or did you not piss an SEC team to play for a national championship?"

Whenever a sport commentator, player, race car driver says a "naughty" word the networks get all up in arms over it, oh it's just terrible they say, we are sorry, we don't condone this talk. But......those words and much worse are aired daily by these same companies and they evidently do condone these. Heck even the animated shows like family guy talk a lot more trashy and offensive than anything heard on a sports telecast..What am I missing besides double standards,,yes I know about advertising dollars but I would say most of these advertisers support the aforementioned crud.