Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Sad movie moments

Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Sad movie moments

We all have several of them, but there is only one that is sadder than the rest to you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7wWx...eature=related
This scene from the Fox and the Hound used to never really bother me much, but ever since I lost my 17 year old dog Jack about a month ago, I lose it every time I see it now. Before this, Mufasa's death was really sad to me, but now this is at the top and likely will be for awhile.
Share yours!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Im only 18 so this scene hit me pretty hard when i was younger (yes it wasnt that long ago lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFqsjQo09c

I cried so much...
Pokemon taught me about friendship and compassion...

Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
The ending of Marley & Me. The end.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
not a movie but this episode ending of Futurama really stuck to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uU7-...yer_detailpage
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, you beat me. ^^^ x2 on above. I was too busy rewatching the video to post it ha
Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Im only 18 so this scene hit me pretty hard when i was younger (yes it wasnt that long ago lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UFqsjQo09c

I cried so much...
Pokemon taught me about friendship and compassion...

Been years since I saw that movie, that moment was pretty touching. What ever happened to pokemon? Gosh I haven't seen it advertised on TV in ages. It was a sensation when I was a kid, I remember how they banned us from playing with Pokemon cards on the playground during recess, teachers would actually confiscate the cards and throw them away if we got caught haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Some of you are too young and Im not that old but, it is the story of a boy and his best friend old yeller whom gets rabies and has to be put down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6hB9NTYD0E
Could never forget that scene, same with Marley and Me.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
The ending of Marley & Me. The end.
Now that I have a yellow Lab, no way in hell can I watch that movie. Ive been there before. But I think it will be different now.

On sort of a funny note: My cousin had his 10th Bday and my uncle took him and his friends to see Marley and Me. The movie was advertised to be like Beethoven with a bad dog. But 2 of the kids lost it cuz they just lost their labs. My uncle got some angry phone calls. Movie deals with depressoiin and miss carriages. Sad movie.

My parents made me watch Old Yeller and Bambi when I was young. That was tramautic. But its part of life. My mom volunteers at an animal shelter. About once a month some asshole drops off his old dog cuz he doesnt want his kids to see it die. SO its gonna sit in a cage for the next yr or so till it dies cuz nobody wants to adopt an old dog. (usually) Dipshit.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Some of you are too young and Im not that old but, it is the story of a boy and his best friend old yeller whom gets rabies and has to be put down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6hB9NTYD0E
x2. That came immediately to my mind when I read the title of the thread.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaTRD View Post
not a movie but this episode ending of Futurama really stuck to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uU7-...yer_detailpage
Now I'm going home to pet my dog for an hour instead of eating on my lunch break.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjUC8tDH9s
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much the entire movie of "Dancing with Wolves" They kill the wolf, horse, drive the Indians off their land. Always thougth that movie was sad.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
When they blow up the Stay Puft marshmellow man in Ghostbusters. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Now that I have a yellow Lab, no way in hell can I watch that movie. Ive been there before. But I think it will be different now.

On sort of a funny note: My cousin had his 10th Bday and my uncle took him and his friends to see Marley and Me. The movie was advertised to be like Beethoven with a bad dog. But 2 of the kids lost it cuz they just lost their labs. My uncle got some angry phone calls. Movie deals with depressoiin and miss carriages. Sad movie.

My parents made me watch Old Yeller and Bambi when I was young. That was tramautic. But its part of life. My mom volunteers at an animal shelter. About once a month some asshole drops off his old dog cuz he doesnt want his kids to see it die. SO its gonna sit in a cage for the next yr or so till it dies cuz nobody wants to adopt an old dog. (usually) Dipshit.

That movie came out a month before we had to put our yellow lab down. Loved that dog!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post

That is terrible, giving up on a friend is not cool, and it breaks their heart. Most old dogs in shelters die of heartbreak before old age takes them. Shortly after my Grandpa passed away, his little dog Pepper only lasted 3 more months before he too passed on. And that dog was healthy as anything, about 9 years old, but he was a Pomeranian/Papillon mix so that is young for that small of dog. He died of a broken heart was the only thing I could conclude.
My Dad always told me that getting a pet for kids is a good idea, it helps them understand mortality and can prepare them for bigger losses in life as they age. Can't imagine how traumatizing it is to take a dog away from kids like that, I'd think that would hurt them more than having to overcome the dog's death. I'll never put a dog in a shelter or give a dog away for as long as I live, dog's aren't novelty items, they bond with only one person and that person should be responsible enough to take care of them up until their demise is the way I look at it.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
round 3 minutes is when i lose it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvAS...eature=related
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Another Tom Hanks -- the end of Saving Private Ryan. Not going to find a clip of it, you gotta watch the whole movie and I don't need to get my mangina all worked up right now.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I am Legend when Will has to put down his dog.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
The end of Boogie Nights...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
No part in particular but Big Fish got me going, reminded me too much of my grandpa.

The most recent movie part is the last 20 min of "End of Watch". The movie in general reminded me of me and my younger bros relationship.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Armageddon had a semi sad/heroic ending.