1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Direct TV vs AT&T Uverse

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by TacoDawgfan, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I've been a long time DTV customer and love the quality but DTV is kinda expensive. An AT&T rep just went door to door trying to sell their product. Claims he can save me from DTV and my current internet provider (Charter) roughly $80 a month. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it?

I've heard some bad things about Uverse and also heard people say they love it. :notsure:

Any input is appreciated.

2. Nov 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    What's redzone? He quoted me 107 for 300 package, 52 movie channels, and their "highest speed" internet. Claimed that wasn't a promotional rate and it would never go higher yet I would be locked in for a year.

I quoted highest speed because I had AT&T's fastest internet before and switched to charter because it was slow as hell. Couldn't even watch a youtube vid.

3. Nov 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    we have it and like it. we have the medium tier (max i think) internet and it works great for our needs. the 52 movie channels will be a promotion, don't let them fool ya...our movie deal was only for 6 months and then it went back to the insane rate and we canceled those.

4. Nov 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    So how is the HD quality? A year or two ago they came around when Uverse first came to our area and I heard over and over that it wasn't anywhere near the quality of DTV.

5. Nov 19, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    North Star

North Star I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    My brother in-law has it and he likes it. I have Direct TV and just could not get used to watching stuff at his house. My father in-law has Verizon FIOS, but I really don't care for that as well. The on-demand system sucks for that one.

6. Nov 23, 2012 at 4:59 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    when I think of how much money I could save not having a cell phone bill, a direct tv bill and an intenet bill I could save a lot of money.

7. Nov 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    ATT Uverse is just as overpriced as any of the others, total rip off in my opinion. It is worth about 1/3 what they currently charge...

8. Nov 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I decided to stick with what I have after hearing that Uverse internet sucks. I had At&t internet before which sucked. Switched to Charter which is my only other option btw. Much better. I thought Uverse was a different internet than the regular At&t, but was still scared to go with it either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top