Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Direct TV vs AT&T Uverse

Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Direct TV vs AT&T Uverse

I've been a long time DTV customer and love the quality but DTV is kinda expensive. An AT&T rep just went door to door trying to sell their product. Claims he can save me from DTV and my current internet provider (Charter) roughly $80 a month. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it?

I've heard some bad things about Uverse and also heard people say they love it.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Love att uverse . But ive heard someone say that he hasnt saved what they claimed . My uverse bill is $135 a month . 300 package and redzone .
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What's redzone? He quoted me 107 for 300 package, 52 movie channels, and their "highest speed" internet. Claimed that wasn't a promotional rate and it would never go higher yet I would be locked in for a year.

I quoted highest speed because I had AT&T's fastest internet before and switched to charter because it was slow as hell. Couldn't even watch a youtube vid.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Redzone is a football channel extra $6 a month or so . I also have the turbo internet connection and HD channels too .
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
we have it and like it. we have the medium tier (max i think) internet and it works great for our needs. the 52 movie channels will be a promotion, don't let them fool ya...our movie deal was only for 6 months and then it went back to the insane rate and we canceled those.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #6

So how is the HD quality? A year or two ago they came around when Uverse first came to our area and I heard over and over that it wasn't anywhere near the quality of DTV.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hd is hd very nice . Another reason i like att because the channels are grouped together well .
Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
My brother in-law has it and he likes it. I have Direct TV and just could not get used to watching stuff at his house. My father in-law has Verizon FIOS, but I really don't care for that as well. The on-demand system sucks for that one.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
My brother in-law has it and he likes it. I have Direct TV and just could not get used to watching stuff at his house. My father in-law has Verizon FIOS, but I really don't care for that as well. The on-demand system sucks for that one.
when I think of how much money I could save not having a cell phone bill, a direct tv bill and an intenet bill I could save a lot of money.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
ATT Uverse is just as overpriced as any of the others, total rip off in my opinion. It is worth about 1/3 what they currently charge...
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #11

I decided to stick with what I have after hearing that Uverse internet sucks. I had At&t internet before which sucked. Switched to Charter which is my only other option btw. Much better. I thought Uverse was a different internet than the regular At&t, but was still scared to go with it either way.