Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

American Chopper: Biker Buildoff 2012

Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
American Chopper: Biker Buildoff 2012

Anyone following this? Four-way buildoff between OCC, PJD, Jesse James, and the guys from Gas Monkey Garage. I guess the special airs Dec 10 and the LIVE episode on Dec 11 from Las Vegas.

Jesse James posted a photo of the GMG bike on his Twitter, despite his own bike not making the deadline and having to extend. Thoughts? Who do you think will take it this year?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
jesse didnt make the dead line?
ill be watchin this. im still a JJ fan. i also like the gas monkey guys but i dont know if they can pull it off and im not a fan of the other 2 bike assemblers from NY
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad to see gass monkey in on this one. Hopefully paul makes an actual bike for it.jr's bike last year was a piece fo art!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, it's cool this year has another contender - the more the merrier! Looking at that picture, though, I don't know if GMG has a shot. As long as OCC doesn't come with another snowmobile this should be a good competition. I agree - Jr's winner last year was a work of art! Came close to voting for JJ, but Jr's was spectacular.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If this is supposed to be a chopper build, Jr is the only one who really did that in my opinion. Just looking at the bikes though, I like Sr's the best. I'm not a fan of GMD's bike at all. JJ's is neat and would probably be the most fun to drive and Jr's, once again, is a work of art although I'm not a fan of the exhaust setup.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #8

I agree. Sr's looks a lot better than I thought, and it is one of the baddest sounding bikes I've heard (Jr's Anti-Venom is the baddest sounding). Yeah, up close the GMG bike is shoddy work - nothing I could ever do myself, but the paint is chipped, the welds are bad, and there wasn't much detail. Looking forward to JJ's arriving, but it really looks like JJ & OCC were in bed together.

What didn't you like about Jr's exhaust?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
I agree. Sr's looks a lot better than I thought, and it is one of the baddest sounding bikes I've heard (Jr's Anti-Venom is the baddest sounding). Yeah, up close the GMG bike is shoddy work - nothing I could ever do myself, but the paint is chipped, the welds are bad, and there wasn't much detail. Looking forward to JJ's arriving, but it really looks like JJ & OCC were in bed together.

What didn't you like about Jr's exhaust?
Just looked out of place to me. I don't like the 4 in-line header for a v-twin bike. I would have rather seen 2 fatter pipes twisting in there then going for a straight out exhaust. His is different, it's creative, just that one particular item didn't really do it for me.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Go team Junior, If they win maybe you'll get a raise
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Just looked out of place to me. I don't like the 4 in-line header for a v-twin bike. I would have rather seen 2 fatter pipes twisting in there then going for a straight out exhaust. His is different, it's creative, just that one particular item didn't really do it for me.
Gotcha. I think on that Discovery blog link it has each of the bikes starting up and riding off. Jr's and Sr's sound mean, while GMG's is typical. Can't wait to hear JJ's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Go team Junior, If they win maybe you'll get a raise
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post6115931
Like working on his new show! Thanks, Jake! Hope you're well!