Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Xbox won't connect!!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Xbox won't connect!!

I am having trouble connecting my Xbox to the internet. I reset the internet password. My iPhone hooks up to the internet and even the laptop that I am typing this on used the same password. The xbox says that:

"There is a problem with your connection. Select more info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it."

I then click more info and it says:

"Incorrect Wireless Password
Either the password entered for this wireless network is incorrect, or you are not connected to the intended network."

WTF?! My internet network is correct and the password is damn right too!

I have reset the modem and unplugged the xbox for a few minutes. Still not working. Then I reset the password and hooked my iPhone and laptop back up to the internet.

This is a new house that I am living in and at my old house I never had a problem using the wireless internet on the xbox.

HELP!!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
The password is good. When I type it in to the Xbox it won't accept it. If I make my Internet unsecured then I can hook up.

WTF?!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried a different wireless security type?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #4

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I am on the security type that has (recommended) next to it.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Reboot the router while the Xbox is powered on, wait 15mins and then try again.

If your router enables a secondary guest network, enable that and see if the Xbox connects. If it does then its a password/encryption issue with your home network, if not then its your Xbox.

Wired networks are better for gaming if its possible in your home.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Xbox needs WPA-2 enabled for security...check your security type. :-)
Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #7

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
My security is set on WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)(recommended)
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #8

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
There is also WPA2-PSK(aes) and another but with (TKIP). No clue what with one are
Old 01-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Erase your network connection through the xbox and re install.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #10

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I am using the Ethernet cable now. And I have reset my connection 5 times. I just can't run wireless. Everything else hooks up to the Internet witeless no problem.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #11

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Not too sure. I turn the Xbox on and it picks up wireless Internet.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
call customer support. I had problem a few years back, walked me through it pretty easily
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That happened to me all of a sudden and I used an Ethernet cable for a while.Later it fixed itself,microsoft didn't know what happened either.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #14

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07regtacoman View Post
That happened to me all of a sudden and I used an Ethernet cable for a while.Later it fixed itself,microsoft didn't know what happened either.
This is the same thing I have read from a few other places too. What the hell is that?!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #15
Ticked me off,had to run a 25ft Ethernet cable and messed with it for a week before I gave up and just used a cable.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
You can call 1-800-4MY-XBOX
Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #17

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to call 1-800-throw this bastard in a fire!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I havent read the posts yet...but have you unplugged your internet and waited a few miniutes and replugged it?

Also your title leads me to believe you had a temper tantrum I have a roommate who gets pretty pissed it his internet connection goes out and he can't read his comics/play games.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds Like your Firewall is preventing the xbox to connect to your network. Configure your firewall and youll be set. Or allow xbox connection on the router.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #20
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Are you using an ACL (access control list) on your router ? If so you will need to add the MAC address of your Xbox....