Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Movies that gave you nightmares as a kid

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Movies that gave you nightmares as a kid

Even though I loved it, The Brave Little Toaster gave me nightmares! These two scenes I always left the room until they were over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNya...NuZnXm5uxg3B9A
The air conditioner blowing up. Here you go, kiddies, let's show you some suicide!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdZh8a4ZvE
The clown dream.

Then the forest scene from Snow White, the Dumbo elephant dance, and the Pinocchio donkey scenes. Let's face it, Walt Disney was a little backwards in the head. Some parts of Fantasia were spooky as well. So let's hear your stories on films that freaked you out as a kid.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
" target="_blank">
The video doesn't show the scary stuff, actually makes it look like a cute movie.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery

dont laugh. ET kinda freaked me out, especially when hes sick and white like a powdered donut.

and this scene with the mannequin freaked me out for some reason.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit! The brave little toaster when the vacuum sucks up his cord! So goddamn scary
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post

dont laugh. ET kinda freaked me out, especially when hes sick and white like a powdered donut.

and this scene with the mannequin freaked me out for some reason.
Yeah that was pretty freaky.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Holy shit! The brave little toaster when the vacuum sucks up his cord! So goddamn scary
Yeah, that and the pawn shop song with all the creepy appliances, same with the junkyard magnet and the cars being destroyed in the crusher.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Saw the Elephant Man when I was about ten or eleven, the opening of the movie still sticks in my dreams.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
Professional Window Licker
fletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to beholdfletch97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
fletch97's Tacoma Gallery
Candyman...

And this fruitcake....

Attached Thumbnails
Movies that gave you nightmares as a kid-candyman2.jpg   Movies that gave you nightmares as a kid-pee-wee-herman.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
DikDikerson is on a distinguished road
Name: Devon
DikDikerson's Tacoma Gallery
I saw Pinocchio in theater when I was very young and spent the rest of my childhood terrified of being kidnapped.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
This sumona bich
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
As many times as I watched The Brave Little Toaster as a kid I don't remember either of those scenes.

My parents used to watch The X-files right after we went to bed and the theme used to scare me silly.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
The Brave Little Toaster didn't freak me out, but I had the same love/hate relationship with this guy:

Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
As an adult this movie freaked me out.
His willy wonka remake as well.

OT we had to watch Clockwork Orange in for a class in High School.
I have never watched it again. Nightmare city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
This sumona bich
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
As an adult this movie freaked me out.
His willy wonka remake as well.

OT we had to watch Clockwork Orange in for a class in High School.
I have never watched it again. Nightmare city.

Clockwork Orange is still one of the freakiest movies ever made. That's kind of a trip though to show it in school? For what class if I may ask?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
This psycho from the Wizard of Oz. Freaked me slap the F out.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNya...NuZnXm5uxg3B9A
The air conditioner blowing up. Here you go, kiddies, let's show you some suicide!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdZh8a4ZvE
The clown dream.
THIS

That shit was scary!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
This psycho from the Wizard of Oz. Freaked me slap the F out.
Ah hell, that's nuthin, you should meet a few of my ex's