Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

What TV Shows/Movies Have You Watched Lately

Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
What TV Shows/Movies Have You Watched Lately

So I have searched around but havent found a specific thread for TV shows and movies.
I watch a ton of movies and have run out so I have gotten into the TV series.
I dont have cable, so I resort to Hulu, Netflix and my brothers cable account on comcast to watch whats new.
I figured I would post this for others out there to share what you have been watching because there is so much out there that sucks and the searches are so broad you may see a show that you think would suck but really doesnt.

So to start off, I recently got into Duck Dynasty, I am not a reality TV watcher, but MAN, I loved it, the characters are funnier than hell, AND they are redneck (to a point, you dont really see them doing redneck stuff, just acting redneck), but its still funny as hell.

Another one, Grimm. I was out of shit to watch, so I got the discs. Hooked, fairy tales gone wild. Kind of SciFi, but I like it as entertainment.

Lost. Never got into it when it was on TV, but try being laid off for 3 months, watched it all over the course of a couple of weeks and I really liked it.

What else have you guys/gals been watching that could be interesting for the non-cable subscriber?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished season 1 of Homeland. Heard it was good but I don't subscribe to the premium channels so I just bought season 1 (i currently have my Netflix subscription on hiatus). I'd imagine season 1 is available on netflix so I'd check that out if you haven't already. It's a very good show IMO. I was disappointed to see season 2 isn't available yet for purchase.

I've gotten into a few shows that were on the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc) but not sure what kind of shows you're into.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Just watched all 122 hours of Lost, was good, could see why people didn't like it cause they had to wait a year in between seasons.
Archer, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Sanctuary, Boardwalk Empire, and The Big Bang Theory. a lot of movies too.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I heard it was good, I just added that to my queue.

Justified is great.

I started watching Arrow on Hulu, but havent really decided how I like it. Kind of Pompous, rich boy is a hero, fake, to me. But it passes the time.

Blue Bloods is great though, Tom Selleck is just as good as in the Jesse Stone series, but of course he is, he's Magnum PI right?
Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #6

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna talk movies, I think one of my favorites is Open Range. Probably one of the best westerns of all time IMO.
Kind of a no holds bar, this is how it was type movie. Not all the glamor and gunfighting. Although the gunfight at the end was bad ass, they really portrayed how it was. Minus how dirty everyone actually was. But the jist of the west was really well done.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Yeah I heard it was good, I just added that to my queue.

Justified is great.

I started watching Arrow on Hulu, but havent really decided how I like it. Kind of Pompous, rich boy is a hero, fake, to me. But it passes the time.

Blue Bloods is great though, Tom Selleck is just as good as in the Jesse Stone series, but of course he is, he's Magnum PI right?
I love Justified. Probably one of my fav shows.

If you like police related stuff I think Southland is a very good/underrated show.

I've caught Blue Bloods a couple shows. One of those shows that I thought was pretty good but haven't really gotten time to get into completely.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #8

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
Just watched all 122 hours of Lost, was good, could see why people didn't like it cause they had to wait a year in between seasons.
Archer, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Sanctuary, Boardwalk Empire, and The Big Bang Theory. a lot of movies too.
Agreed, I prefer to see seasons in one shot. I hate waiting for a week to see the next episode.
Thats why I wait till they come out on dvd.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #9

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Southlands pretty good. I have seen that too.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #11

Gladiator, my all time favorite movie. I pretty much like everything that comes out that is similar to it.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #12

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Tim Allen Outdoor Man and Reba McEntire Malibu Country, I like TV that I don't have to put to much thought into. Also like watching the weather on ABC7 Los Angeles when Bri Winkler is doing the weather.
Last Man Standing.....fucking laughed my ass off. Totally not PC..Love it. I just saw my first episode the other day.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Entourage(over now), Weeds, Californiacation are shows I've also gotten into via Netflix or just buying season because I heard they were good. I'm also working on season 1 of Boardwalk Empire. I finally finished the Sopranos a couple weeks ago after getting the whole collection for Christmas 2 years ago lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #14

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Sopranos!!

Wow, your behind. That was a great show.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #15

If you like SCI FY stuff, all the different star gates ( theres like 4 different types with many seasons for each). Battle Star Galactica
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Sopranos!!

Wow, your behind. That was a great show.
lol. I know. Like I said I never had HBO and just decided to wait to get the whole complete series. I got a little lazy for while but yea FINALLY finished that shit hahaha. Definitely was a great show.

Trying to think what else I watch. Have you watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at all?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #17

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
How are they? Are they the fake fake SciFi or are they decent? I watched the one season of Tara Nova and dug that.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
I watched the one season of Tara Nova and dug that.
I liked that show. I wish someone would have picked that up when it was cancelled.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
If you like SCI FY stuff, all the different star gates ( theres like 4 different types with many seasons for each). Battle Star Galactica
They are pretty good quality
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #20

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I liked that show. I wish someone would have picked that up when it was cancelled.
x2