Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Tomb Raider 2013

Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Tomb Raider 2013

Just got the new Tomb Raider for my PS3 yesterday.

Lets start off by saying I am a huge fan of most past Tomb Raiders.

I like the puzzle aspect of the game.

So to start off lets just say the sound is fantastic. The graphics are fantastic. And the way Laura moves in the game is fantastic.

BUT.....But.....but....What the hell is with the new freakin direction games are going?

All this cinematic crap. Cut screen douchebaggery and what not. What the hell are they doing? Trying to capture a small female group into the game? As far as I am concerned if they continue this trend they will loose me as a gamer.

I would say already I play less and less with this new evolution of game style. And with the PS4 coming out? I mean if this the way of games why the hell should I buy one? I used to play a few times a week now it down to once every month or two. I mean really they take 2-3 years to come out with a game that takes me a week to complete. WTF! I would be way more happy with a game once a year with 1/2 the sound and graphics. With less cinematics and 2-3X's the game play that takes me a month or more to get through.

Alright rant level down on to the game.

Like I said the game looks good sounds good but the whole game play is gone. So I got this yesterday (3-5-13) and as of this morning (3-6-13) I have completed 34% of the game.

I watched a video on the game makers last week and he touted on how they really worked on the puzzle part of the game. Well I am here to say bullshit. I mean really what did they do have a 12 year old come up with the puzzle parts? The only part of this game I found hard at all was a rapid/parachute part that was hard because it hardly made sense.

And the fact that they made the game with a M rating is just stupid. I mean they have said the F word like 3 times now and shit about 5 times. This used to be a great kids game but now??

And back to my rant whats with everyone doing the whole go back in time crap? Movies doing it television doing it and games doing it. Have these people lost their creative genius? I would much rather see a laura in the future with a lazer gun or what not.

So.....What do you think about the game? Keep the spoilers out if you can.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't played Tomb Raider since PS1 lol.