Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Battlefield 4 "All Inclusive" Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #121
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Any PC gamers who can recommend a PC build for BF4.

Looking to upgrade MB, CPU, Ram & Video Card. Wanna play BF4 on high settings with high FPS. Not looking for ultra, 1080p. Just high settings with stable 60 or higher fps.

Have around $500 to spend. Considering AMD over Intel/Nvidia.
A good mobo (z77), processor (Intel 4770), ram (16-24gb), video (GTX 700 series) combo that will run current games on "high/very high" will cost you around $1,000.00, assuming you have a case and power supply that can handle the load. You could probably do it for $700-$800 if you skimped on ram and video, but you'd have to upgrade sooner in the future.

I'm not sure how much you'd save by going with an AMD processor/mobo. They don't currently offer anything to directly compete with Intel's high end, so I haven't looked in a while.

Anyone else have BF4 on PC? I play as Burghlar.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #122
4Bangin is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
4Bangin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Any PC gamers who can recommend a PC build for BF4.

Looking to upgrade MB, CPU, Ram & Video Card. Wanna play BF4 on high settings with high FPS. Not looking for ultra, 1080p. Just high settings with stable 60 or higher fps.

Have around $500 to spend. Considering AMD over Intel/Nvidia.
Grab an Ivy quad core $170 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116781

a Radeon R9 270 $180 (supposedly comes with free BF4 but I think there have been issues) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=-1&isNodeId=1

and a mobo like this $100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130646

You really only need 8GB ram to play BF4, which should be about 80 bucks for 1600mhz. You need a 500W power supply for the above gear... if you're down around 450W look at the GTX 660
Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #123
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
A good mobo (z77), processor (Intel 4770), ram (16-24gb), video (GTX 700 series) combo that will run current games on "high/very high" will cost you around $1,000.00, assuming you have a case and power supply that can handle the load. You could probably do it for $700-$800 if you skimped on ram and video, but you'd have to upgrade sooner in the future.

I'm not sure how much you'd save by going with an AMD processor/mobo. They don't currently offer anything to directly compete with Intel's high end, so I haven't looked in a while.

Anyone else have BF4 on PC? I play as Burghlar.
Yeah, that is a good deal of gear there. I paid about $500 for my mobo, proc, memory, and vid card and I can run BF4 at ultra on all settings. No lag, good FPS.

As for the AMD over Intel, for some people (me in particular) it isn't a matter of cost versus speed. I hate how back in the day Intel priced their procs out of the price range of the every day guy. AMD came out and ran them into the ground for years. Personally I still think that when it comes to COST, AMD will give you more over that same cost with an Intel chip. Personally I won't buy anything with an Intel Proc just because I don't like the company.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #124
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone seen therussianbadger YouTube clips? Well worth the sub:

http://youtu.be/Fm1MJaGd-Yg
Old 12-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #125
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm selling BF4 for PC.

Extra copy. $35
Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #126
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Has anyone seen therussianbadger YouTube clips? Well worth the sub:

http://youtu.be/Fm1MJaGd-Yg
A couple days ago Russian Badger was having a mega gaming marathon so I hopped on for a couple rounds. I ended up taking him down a couple times - sweet gaming nectar.

http://www.twitch.tv/therussianbadger/b/529557465 (WARNING: long fuggin video)

I actually join his squad about 11 minutes into the vid, played as medic, and did pretty bad overall but it was fun. It was also super late, so I went to bed.

Then I got up the next morning and tried again.

The first time I get him is a little cheese as he had just been revived: start watching at ~11:30:00, I get him with my shorty shotgun about 30 seconds later.

Start watching at ~12:19:50 for my best SRAW shot evah; it takes out Badger, Edgar and one other rando squadmate at 12:20:30 - BOOOOOM; dat badgur goes flyin! Such butthurts.

Wooooooooot!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #127
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
^that post made me smile. Awesome stuff!

Anyone get in the Hardline beta? I was a day late to sign up, but they can still "put you on the list" and you get emailed to join that night.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #128
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. I like it, hopefully the BF4 netcode update gets applied to BFH. The Cop/Criminal take on BF is a fun change. I'm honestly getting burnt out on the latest BF's. The vehicles are dominating the game too much now a days. Especially with IR, really? I can't even hide in a bush without being spotted.

Awhile back I quit BF4 and went back to BFBC2. BFH gives me a little renewed hope for the the series.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #129
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I got burned out on BF4 pretty quick.

Old school battle field 2 still holds a special place in my heart. so much win and not overly complicated
Old 06-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #130
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Yeah BF2, if I remember correctly was my first game that came on a DVD, instead of 5 CD's. That one had some long load times as well. It was the reason I upgraded to Raptor hard drives.

BFBC2 and the Vietnam expansion are keeping me happy. The destructive environments, and the game still looks good.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:25 AM   #131

I think another major point of frustration in BF4 for me is the hardware requirements.
My system isn't that old and should handle fine.
i5 OC'd to 4.3
GTX 560 x2 SLi'd
8 gigs RAM

Guess it's time to ditch the two 560's and go with a 700 series.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #132

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
BFBC2 and the Vietnam expansion are keeping me happy. The destructive environments, and the game still looks good.
Holy christ I forgot about Vietnam. That was a great add-on!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #133
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
^that post made me smile. Awesome stuff!

Anyone get in the Hardline beta? I was a day late to sign up, but they can still "put you on the list" and you get emailed to join that night.
I've played the Hardline beta several times. It is interesting for sure. Although they will need to get a grip on the weapon damage and balance it out. A human should not be able to take 3 rounds to the head and live!
Old 06-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #134
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
Yeah BF2, if I remember correctly was my first game that came on a DVD, instead of 5 CD's. That one had some long load times as well. It was the reason I upgraded to Raptor hard drives.

I had it on the original xbox and then got it for 360 when it came out. Fun times
Old 06-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #135
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hardline Beta is fun for about 5 minutes, then gets boring. Not werf. BF4 is far superior.

BF2 was the shit, I played the crap out of that game. Dragon Valley FTW!!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #136
ASE Master Tech

SWEET! Just got my longest kill with Recon. 1309 meters. that is almost 4300 feet! I love it. What was funny was I got THREE of them at the same range. Killed the same sniper 3 times when he refused to relocate. He was sniping from his carrier.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #137

Nice.

Mine is 1,056.32 for BF4(Rogue Transmission, uncap spawn to dish support tower).
BF3 is 1,278.65(Gulf of Oman, Carrier to far right hotel roof).

Products Discussed in this Thread