Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Xbox One or Playstation 4?

Old 06-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Xbox One or Playstation 4?

With the two new consoles coming out this fall which one would y'all choose and why?

I personally cant wait to see what the next step in gaming looks like.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjones5 View Post
With the two new consoles coming out this fall which one would y'all choose and why?

I personally cant wait to see what the next step in gaming looks like.

Shouldn't this be in the entertainment section?

That said, I have a 360. What is the main difference form the xbox1 and it besides the ability to play bluray?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
Shouldn't this be in the entertainment section?

That said, I have a 360. What is the main difference form the xbox1 and it besides the ability to play bluray?
x2 on moving to Entertainment section.

Xbox 1 is moving to cater more social media access on top of its gaming experience. (Ex. Skype on Xbox 1) That and graphics updates with the new hardware it has. Oh and comes with the new Kinect 2 or whatever they are calling it so you can use voice commands to operate your xbox to a degree.

PS4 gets a fancy new controller, and hardware updates not much different from Xbox 1 from the specs I have seen.

This time around I will wait a year before I decide to go in and buy one. Went with PS3 last time first and the online sucked. Mainly incompatible with my college internet for some odd reason (but that was 3 years after I had the PS3).

I bought an xbox 2 years ago and haven't bought a new game for the PS3 since. Its just my designated blu-ray player now.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Ps4 for me. Way to many exclusives. Developers are also praising the new ps4. Seems like most of my friends that have a 360 are looking at s4 this time.

Should be interesting.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
metrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/Paramedic
Name: Chris
metrick1215's Tacoma Gallery
WII U .... and i dont even have one...
Old 06-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Neither. PS3 until it dies. Tired of no backwards compatibility from the big 3
Old 06-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
ill get a ps4. Not sure how they plan on people having their consoles on 24 hours a day with the xbox 1. I know thats when they start frying.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #10
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I think this may be posted in the wrong forum
Old 06-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
all i want is grand theft auto and watch dogs, if i get a nice bonus around xmas ill pick up the ps4.

ps fanboy here
Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
The gaming industry is about to flip.. Say good bye to used games, used game stores, & borrowing your buddies games! All the games will eventually be downloaded to the console and we can kiss hard copies good bye! SUCK! This pigeon holes everyone into having internet, & buying games at online specific stores (think iTunes). No more taking your game to your buddies house to play! They either buy it and download it to their console or you take your whole console with you...

If we were smart, we'd not support the new consoles, and keep rocking the 360 and PS3.. That way the power is still in the consumers hands..... (not going to happen i know)
Old 06-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I already have the Xbox 1 in my closet somewhere

Seriously though, I would get the Xbox before the Playstation. Even though I like my 360, I hope the new one wont be the same shitty Chinese quality. I bought the 360 Elite when it was the best and that black bastard fried after a few years, now I have the ugly solid white arcade with the Elite's HDD. I am glad they made the console black again cause I don't like white colored ones. I also hate how noisy these things are, I bet they fixed that though.

Anyhow, I prefer Xbox over PlayStation for the online service. Is Destiny coming out for the PS4?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I already have the Xbox 1 in my closet somewhere

Seriously though, I would get the Xbox before the Playstation. Even though I like my 360, I hope the new one wont be the same shitty Chinese quality. I bought the 360 Elite when it was the best and that black bastard fried after a few years, now I have the ugly solid white arcade with the Elite's HDD. I am glad they made the console black again cause I don't like white colored ones. I also hate how noisy these things are, I bet they fixed that though.

Anyhow, I prefer Xbox over PlayStation for the online service. Is Destiny coming out for the PS4?
Destiny is rumored to be cross platform online
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
I already have both and will get both of the new ones also........ I just like to have toys
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, the post is in the wrong forum and people bring that issue up.... but... just... cant... avoid answering the question... (xbox)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Destiny is rumored to be cross platform online
Old 06-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I want to get the new GTA so bad, but I realized it is based in LA, and I drive a caged truck in LA in real life...I might just live out my fantasies! lol
Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #20
got 5VZFE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I want to get the new GTA so bad, but I realized it is based in LA, and I drive a caged truck in LA in real life...I might just live out my fantasies! lol
I want the new GTA as well.