1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

the wire

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by anotherreject, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 5, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I searched and was shocked to see we dont have a thread about "the wire". When the show was new and had weekly episodes on hbo i was young and didnt pay attention to it but i remember hearing people talk about how good it was. Fast forward to present day, i have direct tv and they were showing re runs of it. I literally watched a half of an episode and was hooked. I shopped around and bought the entire series box set. I watch the whole series every few months because its so good. I grew up in Baltimore so it hit home with me, but the producers could have picked any major city with similar demographics and it would have been the same show. It is a whole lot more then just another cop show, every season tackles another issue seen by a major city with the final season wrapping up everything as a whole.
    If you are looking for some good tv to keep you interested and thinking i fully suggest getting the complete series box set if the wire, or catching the re runs if your tv carrier shows them. Some of the characters are based on real life Baltimore detectives, and Baltimore thugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top