Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Battlefield 4 for PC thread.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Battlefield 4 for PC thread.

Who is in?
We have 3 BF4 servers on standby and we still have 3 Battlefield 3 servers up and running.

Search [LOD] and you will find us.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Junebug McQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Just built a new gaming PC, can't wait for this to drop. And GTA5, if it ever does.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug McQuinn View Post
Just built a new gaming PC, can't wait for this to drop. And GTA5, if it ever does.
It will eventually, harder to port it over to PC than from PC to consoles.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Junebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedJunebug McQuinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
It will eventually, harder to port it over to PC than from PC to consoles.
That's what I figured. I see a ton of rumors, some say a November release but I think it'll be 2014 before we see it. I'll play through it on the Xbox and then play around with mods when it's finally released on PC. I just hope it has 64+ players for online.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Finishing up my BF4 rig tomorrow.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Blue edition.
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 1150
cpu : Intel 4770k Hasswell
cpu cooling: Corsair H100i Closed loop water cooling
Memory: 16 gig Gskill ddr3 1600
hdd: WD 1 tb black
ssd: 256 gig samsung 840 pro
PS: Seasonic 1050 fully modular
Vid cards: evga geforce 770 superclocked x2 in SLI

some misc junk
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #6

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone been playing the beta release?

I certainly hope the graphics get better.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #7

I just spent some time with it. It's good, but it felt like it was BF3.5 I had the graphics set to ultra and was underwhelmed too, was expecting more but it is the beta. I'm hoping they're holding back and not showing all their cards, it felt like a glorified expansion pack to me.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #8

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug McQuinn View Post
I just spent some time with it. It's good, but it felt like it was BF3.5 I had the graphics set to ultra and was underwhelmed too, was expecting more but it is the beta. I'm hoping they're holding back and not showing all their cards, it felt like a glorified expansion pack to me.
I agree.
Everything looks cartoonish and cod..ish.
I think the player turning red is from the warfighter game.
Their is certainly a long list of bugs listed on the steam forums.

Also, i am an arrow key player (not wasd) and some of the keys that I normally use in bf3 (ins, del) I am not able to bind.

I have not preordered yet but probably will soon.
Meanwhile I'm biding my time playing single player cod modern warfare 3 all over again.
Never had a system that i could play on ultra everything and these have to be the best graphics i have ever seen.

So, all in all bf4 looks promising as long as they fix some performance issues and tweak a few other things.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #9

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I meant to add that I have seen several players on the player location map and noticed their are a few located in the area.

My in game tag is "Matic".
Old 10-06-2013, 04:57 AM   #10
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jared
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
My rig is gtg!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Just downloaded the beta last night, I'll probably get on and try it out soon. I have no idea how to search for servers
Old 10-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't get the beta to load in to a server - it would hang on a white screen. I guess there have a lot of folks with the same issue. It sucked, I tried a shitload of different fixes.

Guess I'm waiting for the retail version.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
I couldn't get the beta to load in to a server - it would hang on a white screen. I guess there have a lot of folks with the same issue. It sucked, I tried a shitload of different fixes.

Guess I'm waiting for the retail version.
I just tried getting on for the last ten minutes. I got to the loadout screen twice and it froze when I hit deploy, or right before I hit deploy. Otherwise it would just freeze when getting to the loadout screen.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #14

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
What's your guys comp specs?

I think min graphics card is a 6 series but their are a few guys that I game with that are using 560ti and radeon 59XX. I wonder if my gaming laptop can handle it with a radeon 5870.

No issues to report here except a bit of network lag and some stuttering which I believe has been narrowed down to codework from ea.

Usually playing Atlanta server between 8-11am est.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #15
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Anyone been playing the beta release?

I certainly hope the graphics get better.
I put my graphics to ultra game keep crashing...
Rocking: 660 GT SLI...
Old 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #16

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hualampeter View Post
I put my graphics to ultra game keep crashing...
Rocking: 660 GT SLI...
Would have thought 2 660's could handle ultra.
I'm pulling 80-100 fps with oc'd supperclocked 770's in sli and 4770k oc'd at 4.4.
But ive played it several times on stock settings.

Just drop everything to medium or low.
There isn't much texture and rendering going on in the beta anyway.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #17
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Quote:
Would have thought 2 660's could handle ultra.
I'm pulling 80-100 fps with oc'd supperclocked 770's in sli and 4770k oc'd at 4.4.
But ive played it several times on stock settings.

Just drop everything to medium or low.
There isn't much texture and rendering going on in the beta anyway.
Game crashes, can't even get back into the game to fix that -_-'
Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #18
Very nice how much?

Quote:
What's your guys comp specs?

I think min graphics card is a 6 series but their are a few guys that I game with that are using 560ti and radeon 59XX. I wonder if my gaming laptop can handle it with a radeon 5870.

No issues to report here except a bit of network lag and some stuttering which I believe has been narrowed down to codework from ea.

Usually playing Atlanta server between 8-11am est.
Radeon HD7870 overclocked edition

With an AMD FX6300 processor

I don't think my computer is the problem, but if it were I would be pretty pissed off, I just built it.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #19

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hualampeter View Post
Game crashes, can't even get back into the game to fix that -_-'
Sucks.
Just delete it and try again. It's only a 30 min dl.
Stupid question but is sli enabled?
Sometimes when I crash the GeForce control panel will revert back to a single card.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #20

Marines:
Quote:
Sucks.
Just delete it and try again. It's only a 30 min dl.
Stupid question but is sli enabled?
Sometimes when I crash the GeForce control panel will revert back to a single card.
Yup. Only reason I ran sli is because of Garrys mod lol