Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Has anybody got rid of cable or satelite?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #81
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
I Love my directv !!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #82
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
that requires somebody to be home and press "record"
Lol
Old 06-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #83
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little update. I dropped our cable down to just basic which is channels 2-30 and still have our internet which is 30.mb I believe for $65. Then last month we got a bill in the mail our bill went up to $78. My wife called a little while ago to cancel the basic cable and just keep our internet and then we can sign up for netflix and/or hulu plus. She was told that if we just kept our internet the internet alone since its not bundled with anything else would be $65 alone I bleive. The customer service person said that she could get us a deal to where we could have a dvr box with 2-64 channels including HD of course and our internet for $112.12 a month. Would it be better for us to do this instead of paying the $65 +$8(netflix)+$8(hulu plus)=$81 and not worry about finding the tv shows to watch? I was thinking that the internet would just cost around $40-$45 a month without the tv part. I guess I was wrong
Old 06-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #84
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
$65 a month for internet is a lot. We pay $30. I'd look at a new ISP.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #85
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna tacoma View Post
Just a little update. I dropped our cable down to just basic which is channels 2-30 and still have our internet which is 30.mb I believe for $65. Then last month we got a bill in the mail our bill went up to $78. My wife called a little while ago to cancel the basic cable and just keep our internet and then we can sign up for netflix and/or hulu plus. She was told that if we just kept our internet the internet alone since its not bundled with anything else would be $65 alone I bleive. The customer service person said that she could get us a deal to where we could have a dvr box with 2-64 channels including HD of course and our internet for $112.12 a month. Would it be better for us to do this instead of paying the $65 +$8(netflix)+$8(hulu plus)=$81 and not worry about finding the tv shows to watch? I was thinking that the internet would just cost around $40-$45 a month without the tv part. I guess I was wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
We pay $74 for Internet alone. But that is for 50 mbps down and 10 mbps up.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #86
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
Cut the cable over two years ago and bought a Roku. Love it.

http://www.roku.com/
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #87
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Never had cable since I moved out and only pay for internet.

I have Roku 3 and htpc connected to my tv. Too bad Roku in Canada does not have any of the good channels with the exception of Netflix. But than again, Netflix Canada does not have nearly the same amount of content either...
Old 06-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #88
s3bpc1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vet
Name: Paul
s3bpc1's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't had a tv in 3 years and don't miss it. Gotta love Netflix.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 AM   #89
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Dropped cable 12 years ago! Watch seasons of shows on netflix. We're only a few years behind the people with cable...can't wait for more Walking Dead!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:15 AM   #90
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
I have internet only, with Roku (Hulu, Netflix) and it costs less than $40 a month. I get 16Mbps down and 1.5 up. It's supposed to be 15/2, but faster DL is better anyway.

That speed is more than sufficient for streaming on the Roku. Drop your plan down to a lower speed, and it will be a lot cheaper.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #91
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think the reason I upped the dl speed is bc my brother and I play xbox live together across country.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #92
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
i just got TV back after 5 years, netflix got old after watching everything and waiting forever for "new" stuff to come out, and hulu sucked balls.

yes commercials sucked, and i couldve gone forever without it, but its just not the same.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #93
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
xfinity $65 internet is for 25megabit per second speed.

anyway, I dropped my cable (even basic) a year ago. I can expense the full $65 at work, whereas before I dropped the cable tv, I was only able to expense the internet part of the $65. I do not subscribe to Netflix, but do have amazon prime. I watch broadcast tv programs only and download everything else ;^). The 25mbps speed comes in handy.

Products Discussed in this Thread