1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Josh Blue: Sticky Change

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Justus, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    Justus

Justus [OP] fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Guy has CP and doesn't hide it..... Great standup comic.
    Makes fun of himself, and everyone else.... Great sport, but doesn't blame his condition for a tough life, doesn't want u to feel sorry for him... Just wants to be a comedian, and tries to break the taboo issue of disability.

Remember just cuz someone has CP, they can be very intelligent. My uncle has CP. And lemme tell ya, he knows what's up. Which makes the condition that much harder sometimes.. They KNOW their body doesn't comply with their mental commands to move this arm or leg all the time. They suffer from delayed physical motions, and or involuntary movements.

Watch this guy...... He's great!

Josh Blue: Sticky Change

Discuss...... What did u think, do u know anyone with CP, do u have CP, did u find it offensive, did u know what CP was?

2. Nov 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    nobody?

heres a small clip (nest post down), hes all over youtube.........he may not be PC, but the man has Cerebral Palsy, and if he can make fun of himself, then I dont think its wrong for him to joke about some taboo subjects as long as he does it in the name of laughter and doesnt have a mean bone in his body. All "disabled" or "challenged" individuals wether physical and or mentally want to do is fit in.... This includes making jokes about others and as long as they know you they enjoy you cracking ACCEPTABLE JOKES about THEM.

My Uncle has CP and Ive been around him for many years. All he wants to do is fit in and be loved.... He cracks jokes on us, and we fire back and include him. Hes family, hes a human being, and mentally everything works... Its an issue with his brain telliong his body what to do.

Ive also volunteered for a few yrs with mentally and physically disabled persons in the public and private sector.
    I currently work with mentally disabled persons as well.... So, plz dont think I am a person who disrespects and makes fun of any person with a disability for my own pleasure. I have been clowned many a times by so called "mentally disabled persons", and they as well as I love it. Humans need laughter, love, and acceptance.

This does not mean they want pity......... They want acceptance for WHO they are, not pity for WHAT they HAVE.

A few yrs ago I met a prospective client while a friend was out grocery shopping for the home (this was community living facility). After the groceries were paid for and my friend, myself, my girlfriend, and the client walked to the facilities mini van, I started helping to put groceries in the van with my friend...

The client was in his mid twenties, very physically capable of any task that didnt require fine motor skills. He has Down Syndrome and is very high functioning. Now, mind u this is the first time I ever met (lets call him Mr.Jones). So, after seeing him and chatting with him in the store I got a feeling for how high functioning he was.... So, when I seen him walk from the grocery cart and walk towards the vans front door while we had a huge cart full of supplies, I said "I thought you were going to help us" in a kind tone. He was earlier mentioning how much he could lift, and I wanted to play to his strengths (why not make him feel good right?).

His reply..... and I kid you not, and I am not altering a single word or letter here, was....... "I cant Im retarded" with a huge smile......he then proceeded to laugh hysterically and hopped in the front seat of the van.

I knew right then I wanted to work with this guy........ I applied for the job (this facility didnt allow volunteers). I spent a good year working with him and 5 others in the community home in a beautiful city/neighborhood. We had a blast. Id take the whole house out to lunch somedays because I figured EVERYONE has to get sick of the same old crap at home. They didnt have much money from SSDI after their care was paid for to the company, and were only supposed to eat out 1 time per week. SCREW THAT NOISE, THESE WERE MY FRIENDS!

So, hope that clears up any thoughts about this thread and myself concerning "challenged" or "disabled" individuals.

Out of respect for the comic, I would assume he would like to hear what others think about his routines, both positive and negative. So somebody must have an opinion here yes?
    Plz be respectful and try not to get into politics.... I dont wanna see this thread locked or see any bashing...... Its kinda sad to see no replies so far.

3. Nov 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.