1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS4 PlayStation 4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Guerrilla, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla [OP] L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Who all has the PS4?

Everybody feel free to use this thread as you please to discuss whatever about PS4 that you want. I didn't see one for it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  2. Nov 29, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    I'm actually planning on getting one, but not for another month or so, just to let everything die down a little bit and let Sony fix some of the bugs out. I don't know if its true or not but seems like every store is sold out locally. I see a lot of them for sale on CL for a lot more fom the original price.

If you want to know the Spec either check out YouTube or the Playstation website. There's a lot of video on YT on the PS4.

IMHO, I think it's a lot more improvement then the PS3, cause it does cater strictly to the gamer. And for 400$ you can't really go wrong with the price.

3. Nov 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    Yotski

Yotski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    13 SSM Access Cab V6 6 Speed 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    Wet Okoles, Toytec BOSS 3in Kit, Allpro Standard Leaf pack, Ext Bilstein 5100, OEM Skid Plate(destroyed), Thule Racks, Method NV, KM2s, Rigid Grille & Light Bar
    Yup Ill be getting a PS4 in about a month too. Right now I got a PS3 Add me Online! Failsos

4. Nov 29, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SPORT TACOMA / 21 LIMITED RAV4
    this and that...
    ps4 here. wouldnt have it any other way.

5. Nov 29, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Can PS4 play PS3 games?

6. Nov 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
  7. Nov 29, 2013 at 3:24 AM
    Xer0 SiN

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    this and that...
    i think thats what gaikai is gonna be catered for. plus too, when you insert a ps3 disc into the ps4, the ps4 recognizes that its a ps3 disc, so im guessing its nothing but a firmware away if sony wanted to enable backward compatability.

8. Nov 29, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    Guerrilla

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Yeah waiting for a while after any new product comes out, isn't a bad idea at all.
    What is gaikai?

And I bet if the PS4 is recognizing the PS3 games, aside from the firmware enable potential, maybe they'll be a way to hack it. Surely sony will do something, because that would be an awesome feature, course probably charge you a chunk for it.

Maybe a stupid question, but say whenever they decide to create the library for older games or you can just play them etc. Wonder if you would be able to play people that have a PS3?

9. Nov 29, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    That sucks.... We've had a PS3 since they came out. We're not gamers...and use the PS3 mostly for the blu-ray player. We have a bunch of games that we'll whip out and play from time to time.

We're not in the market to buy one - but we always watch for the latest & greatest. Without backward compatibility...... its a no brainer to keep the PS3.

10. Nov 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    Xer0 SiN

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    this and that...
    gaikai is a cloud based gaming service that sony took a gamble on and bought out. they didnt do much with it yet as far as playstation gaming is concerned, but its apparent that sony is gonna be offering their psone, ps2, and ps3 library to fully utilize the cloud system. to put this in better perspective, gaikai itself (before sonys acquisition) has many partnerships. it allows pc gamers to stream and play high-end pc games.

as far as getting rid of the ps3, i wouldnt. if anything else, its as awesome bluray player. if i was in the position where i had to choose between ps3 and ps4, i would buy the ps4 and throw the ps3 in the room lol.

11. Dec 6, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So here is my review of the PS4.

I got lucky and picked one up at Gamestop the Sunday after it was released because someone didn't pick up their pre-order. Got a friend of mine that works there and he held it for me. I have yet to see one sitting on the shelf in any store since. Can't say the same for the Xbox One.

I bought Killzone, COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassins Creed Black Flag. Let me first start by saying the Graphics are amazing. I had COD Ghosts on the PS3 and it is like playing a completely different game. The detail you can see in the game is unbelievable.

The controller was my biggest complaint on the PS3 and the PS4 is miles ahead of the PS3 controller. It is larger and the control sticks have a little more resistance to them. The lower triggers are actually triggers and stick out instead of curving in like on the PS3. The touch pad is really cool and I can't wait to see how developers utilize that feature. The one thing I think the Xbox has over the PS3 controller is the rumble feature in the triggers themselves. I think that is a very cool idea and one I wish Sony would have added but it's not a big deal.

I bought a PS Vita for the remote play and it works flawlessly. It is awesome sitting on the couch playing Assassin's Creed on it. I wouldn't want to play online with it but for just hanging out playing around it works great.

If I had one criticism on the system (the same would be levied on the Xbox) is that it isn't "backwards compatible". The launch line up is pretty shallow at the moment and there is only so much COD/BF4 that you can play. I find myself going back to WoW for a break. Now that said... It is pretty much that way with each next gen console release. I bought the PS4 for Destiny, WatchDog, and The Division so I can wait. Beta for Destiny starts the first of next year so I'm looking forward to that.

In summary... the system is amazing so far. It just came out and the games look unbelievable. Imagine what the games will be like in a few years after the developers have some time learn the limits of the system.

How mine is set up.

[​IMG]

12. Dec 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    YankeeVol

YankeeVol This We'll Defend

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '13 DC XSP-X 4x4
    Just picked one up the other day with COD Ghosts

13. Dec 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
  14. Dec 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    Definitely getting a ps4 for my bday! But gotta wait till we find one. Bummer.

15. Dec 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    Guerrilla

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Thanks for the input fellas.
    So I might sound like an idiot, but whatever.. Does the ps4 have blueray capabilities? And the controllers, were you saying they don't rumble or just specifically for the trigger button?
    And will it do everything that an Apple TV would do as far as media stuff etc?
    Like I said guys I'm behind on all this lol.

And the whole not being backwards capable is a let down.
    It will be interesting to see what kind of things they do to improve things down the road with it, sounds like it has potential to be even better. Even more so like you said with the games, with the designers getting a better feel for what they're working with etc.

16. Dec 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yes, PS4 does have a BluRay player built in.

Yes it does have the "rumble" feature in the controllers. I just brought up the Xbox controller because it has the rumble in the triggers also. I think that is a really cool idea.

It has all the regular media apps. I'm not sure about Apple TV since I've never used it.

I agree that the backward's compatibility is a let down (especially as shallow as the game library is atm). I wish I would have kept my PS3 like Xer0 said. I would still be able to play Diablo III on the console right now. Diablo III on the computer sucks balls.

Add to that, Destiny has been delayed... that is a real let down. The reality of it is... I wouldn't rush out and try to find either console. If you are set on a PS4 (which is my preference even though I'll eventually get a Xbox One) just pick one up if you happen to see it sitting on a shelf somewhere. There really is no rush to get one since the software isn't there yet. 6 months from now... that will be a different story.

17. Dec 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    From the stuff I read about it, online is no longer free:( and using it to browse the internet is alot better than a ps3

18. Dec 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You are correct. To play online it costs $49 per year. Honestly I can't believe it stayed free for so long. It is well worth $4 per month to me because each month they give you a few free games to choose from and they really aren't shit games either. Hell... I pay $15 per month for a WoW subscription.

Here is my take on pay to play games. The company providing the service that allows you to play online is entitled to money to keep that service up and running. It costs me $4 per month which is less than a fast food meal and I get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. As far as I'm concerned that is the best $4 (or $15 for that matter) that I can spend. It keeps me entertained and out of trouble (mostly ;))

I've never used the internet browser since my computer is sitting right next to it but yes you can browse the internet. While we are on that subject... The Wii U is by far the best at that. It is a shame that the Wii U hasn't taken off because it is really a great system.

19. Dec 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Yea The xbox360 games Ive played online dont lag as much as ps3.

My friend has a wii with a xbox style controller. I like playing Call of duty online on the wii because everyone else playing sucks:D

20. Dec 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol...

Yeah, I've got the Pro Controller for the Wii U also. And you are correct about COD online on the Wii. Coming from the Xbox or PS version I could own everyone. It "almost" wasn't any fun lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top