Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

PS4 PlayStation 4

Old 11-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
PS4 PlayStation 4

Who all has the PS4?

Everybody feel free to use this thread as you please to discuss whatever about PS4 that you want. I didn't see one for it.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually planning on getting one, but not for another month or so, just to let everything die down a little bit and let Sony fix some of the bugs out. I don't know if its true or not but seems like every store is sold out locally. I see a lot of them for sale on CL for a lot more fom the original price.

If you want to know the Spec either check out YouTube or the Playstation website. There's a lot of video on YT on the PS4.

IMHO, I think it's a lot more improvement then the PS3, cause it does cater strictly to the gamer. And for 400$ you can't really go wrong with the price.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
Yotski has a spectacular aura aboutYotski has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
Yotski's Tacoma Gallery
Yup Ill be getting a PS4 in about a month too. Right now I got a PS3 Add me Online! Failsos
Old 11-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
ps4 here. wouldnt have it any other way.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Can PS4 play PS3 games?
Old 11-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Unfortunately no, but Sony plans to create a library of old titles so you can stream them. But it's unclear yet if we have to pay for such feature.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/ga...-games-on-ps4/
Old 11-29-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

i think thats what gaikai is gonna be catered for. plus too, when you insert a ps3 disc into the ps4, the ps4 recognizes that its a ps3 disc, so im guessing its nothing but a firmware away if sony wanted to enable backward compatability.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
I'm actually planning on getting one, but not for another month or so, just to let everything die down a little bit and let Sony fix some of the bugs out. I don't know if its true or not but seems like every store is sold out locally. I see a lot of them for sale on CL for a lot more fom the original price.

If you want to know the Spec either check out YouTube or the Playstation website. There's a lot of video on YT on the PS4.

IMHO, I think it's a lot more improvement then the PS3, cause it does cater strictly to the gamer. And for 400$ you can't really go wrong with the price.
Yeah waiting for a while after any new product comes out, isn't a bad idea at all.
Quote:
^^ Unfortunately no, but Sony plans to create a library of old titles so you can stream them. But it's unclear yet if we have to pay for such feature.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/ga...-games-on-ps4/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i think thats what gaikai is gonna be catered for. plus too, when you insert a ps3 disc into the ps4, the ps4 recognizes that its a ps3 disc, so im guessing its nothing but a firmware away if sony wanted to enable backward compatability.
What is gaikai?

And I bet if the PS4 is recognizing the PS3 games, aside from the firmware enable potential, maybe they'll be a way to hack it. Surely sony will do something, because that would be an awesome feature, course probably charge you a chunk for it.

Maybe a stupid question, but say whenever they decide to create the library for older games or you can just play them etc. Wonder if you would be able to play people that have a PS3?
Old 11-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sucks.... We've had a PS3 since they came out. We're not gamers...and use the PS3 mostly for the blu-ray player. We have a bunch of games that we'll whip out and play from time to time.

We're not in the market to buy one - but we always watch for the latest & greatest. Without backward compatibility...... its a no brainer to keep the PS3.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #10

gaikai is a cloud based gaming service that sony took a gamble on and bought out. they didnt do much with it yet as far as playstation gaming is concerned, but its apparent that sony is gonna be offering their psone, ps2, and ps3 library to fully utilize the cloud system. to put this in better perspective, gaikai itself (before sonys acquisition) has many partnerships. it allows pc gamers to stream and play high-end pc games.

as far as getting rid of the ps3, i wouldnt. if anything else, its as awesome bluray player. if i was in the position where i had to choose between ps3 and ps4, i would buy the ps4 and throw the ps3 in the room lol.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
PS4 Review...

So here is my review of the PS4.

I got lucky and picked one up at Gamestop the Sunday after it was released because someone didn't pick up their pre-order. Got a friend of mine that works there and he held it for me. I have yet to see one sitting on the shelf in any store since. Can't say the same for the Xbox One.

I bought Killzone, COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassins Creed Black Flag. Let me first start by saying the Graphics are amazing. I had COD Ghosts on the PS3 and it is like playing a completely different game. The detail you can see in the game is unbelievable.

The controller was my biggest complaint on the PS3 and the PS4 is miles ahead of the PS3 controller. It is larger and the control sticks have a little more resistance to them. The lower triggers are actually triggers and stick out instead of curving in like on the PS3. The touch pad is really cool and I can't wait to see how developers utilize that feature. The one thing I think the Xbox has over the PS3 controller is the rumble feature in the triggers themselves. I think that is a very cool idea and one I wish Sony would have added but it's not a big deal.

I bought a PS Vita for the remote play and it works flawlessly. It is awesome sitting on the couch playing Assassin's Creed on it. I wouldn't want to play online with it but for just hanging out playing around it works great.

If I had one criticism on the system (the same would be levied on the Xbox) is that it isn't "backwards compatible". The launch line up is pretty shallow at the moment and there is only so much COD/BF4 that you can play. I find myself going back to WoW for a break. Now that said... It is pretty much that way with each next gen console release. I bought the PS4 for Destiny, WatchDog, and The Division so I can wait. Beta for Destiny starts the first of next year so I'm looking forward to that.

In summary... the system is amazing so far. It just came out and the games look unbelievable. Imagine what the games will be like in a few years after the developers have some time learn the limits of the system.

How mine is set up.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
This We'll Defend
YankeeVol is on a distinguished road

Army: Drill Sergeant, Fox Company, 2nd BN, 60th INF REGT
Name: Darrell
YankeeVol's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked one up the other day with COD Ghosts
Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Well Fuck!!!

Destiny Delayed
Old 12-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely getting a ps4 for my bday! But gotta wait till we find one. Bummer.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #15
Smurf it.

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
gaikai is a cloud based gaming service that sony took a gamble on and bought out. they didnt do much with it yet as far as playstation gaming is concerned, but its apparent that sony is gonna be offering their psone, ps2, and ps3 library to fully utilize the cloud system. to put this in better perspective, gaikai itself (before sonys acquisition) has many partnerships. it allows pc gamers to stream and play high-end pc games.

as far as getting rid of the ps3, i wouldnt. if anything else, its as awesome bluray player. if i was in the position where i had to choose between ps3 and ps4, i would buy the ps4 and throw the ps3 in the room lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
So here is my review of the PS4.

I got lucky and picked one up at Gamestop the Sunday after it was released because someone didn't pick up their pre-order. Got a friend of mine that works there and he held it for me. I have yet to see one sitting on the shelf in any store since. Can't say the same for the Xbox One.

I bought Killzone, COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassins Creed Black Flag. Let me first start by saying the Graphics are amazing. I had COD Ghosts on the PS3 and it is like playing a completely different game. The detail you can see in the game is unbelievable.

The controller was my biggest complaint on the PS3 and the PS4 is miles ahead of the PS3 controller. It is larger and the control sticks have a little more resistance to them. The lower triggers are actually triggers and stick out instead of curving in like on the PS3. The touch pad is really cool and I can't wait to see how developers utilize that feature. The one thing I think the Xbox has over the PS3 controller is the rumble feature in the triggers themselves. I think that is a very cool idea and one I wish Sony would have added but it's not a big deal.

I bought a PS Vita for the remote play and it works flawlessly. It is awesome sitting on the couch playing Assassin's Creed on it. I wouldn't want to play online with it but for just hanging out playing around it works great.

If I had one criticism on the system (the same would be levied on the Xbox) is that it isn't "backwards compatible". The launch line up is pretty shallow at the moment and there is only so much COD/BF4 that you can play. I find myself going back to WoW for a break. Now that said... It is pretty much that way with each next gen console release. I bought the PS4 for Destiny, WatchDog, and The Division so I can wait. Beta for Destiny starts the first of next year so I'm looking forward to that.

In summary... the system is amazing so far. It just came out and the games look unbelievable. Imagine what the games will be like in a few years after the developers have some time learn the limits of the system.
Thanks for the input fellas.
So I might sound like an idiot, but whatever.. Does the ps4 have blueray capabilities? And the controllers, were you saying they don't rumble or just specifically for the trigger button?
And will it do everything that an Apple TV would do as far as media stuff etc?
Like I said guys I'm behind on all this lol.

And the whole not being backwards capable is a let down.
It will be interesting to see what kind of things they do to improve things down the road with it, sounds like it has potential to be even better. Even more so like you said with the games, with the designers getting a better feel for what they're working with etc.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #16

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Thanks for the input fellas.
So I might sound like an idiot, but whatever.. Does the ps4 have blueray capabilities? And the controllers, were you saying they don't rumble or just specifically for the trigger button?
And will it do everything that an Apple TV would do as far as media stuff etc?
Like I said guys I'm behind on all this lol.

And the whole not being backwards capable is a let down.
It will be interesting to see what kind of things they do to improve things down the road with it, sounds like it has potential to be even better. Even more so like you said with the games, with the designers getting a better feel for what they're working with etc.
Yes, PS4 does have a BluRay player built in.

Yes it does have the "rumble" feature in the controllers. I just brought up the Xbox controller because it has the rumble in the triggers also. I think that is a really cool idea.

It has all the regular media apps. I'm not sure about Apple TV since I've never used it.

I agree that the backward's compatibility is a let down (especially as shallow as the game library is atm). I wish I would have kept my PS3 like Xer0 said. I would still be able to play Diablo III on the console right now. Diablo III on the computer sucks balls.

Add to that, Destiny has been delayed... that is a real let down. The reality of it is... I wouldn't rush out and try to find either console. If you are set on a PS4 (which is my preference even though I'll eventually get a Xbox One) just pick one up if you happen to see it sitting on a shelf somewhere. There really is no rush to get one since the software isn't there yet. 6 months from now... that will be a different story.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
From the stuff I read about it, online is no longer free and using it to browse the internet is alot better than a ps3
Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
From the stuff I read about it, online is no longer free and using it to browse the internet is alot better than a ps3
You are correct. To play online it costs $49 per year. Honestly I can't believe it stayed free for so long. It is well worth $4 per month to me because each month they give you a few free games to choose from and they really aren't shit games either. Hell... I pay $15 per month for a WoW subscription.

Here is my take on pay to play games. The company providing the service that allows you to play online is entitled to money to keep that service up and running. It costs me $4 per month which is less than a fast food meal and I get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. As far as I'm concerned that is the best $4 (or $15 for that matter) that I can spend. It keeps me entertained and out of trouble (mostly )

I've never used the internet browser since my computer is sitting right next to it but yes you can browse the internet. While we are on that subject... The Wii U is by far the best at that. It is a shame that the Wii U hasn't taken off because it is really a great system.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #19
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Yea The xbox360 games Ive played online dont lag as much as ps3.

My friend has a wii with a xbox style controller. I like playing Call of duty online on the wii because everyone else playing sucks
Old 12-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #20

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
My friend has a wii with a xbox style controller. I like playing Call of duty online on the wii because everyone else playing sucks
Lol...

Yeah, I've got the Pro Controller for the Wii U also. And you are correct about COD online on the Wii. Coming from the Xbox or PS version I could own everyone. It "almost" wasn't any fun lol.