Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #181
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my PS4 yesterday from Amazon. Played Ghosts some last night, maybe the worst single player campaign I've ever played. The multiplayer seems like the same old same old CoD. Getting a copy of Battlefield 4 very soon. Battlefield 4 is the main reason I bought a PS4. My PSN name is paleus_724, if anybody wants to add me.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #182
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
Just got my PS4 yesterday from Amazon. Played Ghosts some last night, maybe the worst single player campaign I've ever played. The multiplayer seems like the same old same old CoD. Getting a copy of Battlefield 4 very soon. Battlefield 4 is the main reason I bought a PS4. My PSN name is paleus_724, if anybody wants to add me.
Yeah... COD is getting old. Only so many ways they can improve on it and I think they have just about run that well dry. I never play these games for the single player just the multiplayer so I'll take your word that the single player portion sucked.

That said.... BF4 isn't that much of a improvement. It's pretty much the same thing too. You can only kill people in so many different ways in a game. I used to be able to play for hours on end on FPS but not anymore. Hour or so tops and I'm done. Quite honestly, I haven't turned on either system in a week or so. Been remodeling my office into a game room and back to playing MMO's until Titanfall is released in March. Then Destiny, Watchdog, and The Division. Until then there really isn't much out.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #183
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Yeah... COD is getting old. Only so many ways they can improve on it and I think they have just about run that well dry. I never play these games for the single player just the multiplayer so I'll take your word that the single player portion sucked.

That said.... BF4 isn't that much of a improvement. It's pretty much the same thing too.
Yeah, the campaign is just the same shoot the bad guys as they pop up, no real objective or strategy. I thought the graphics were pretty horrible as well.

I am still hooked on Battlefield. There's so much more to it than just running around killing the other team. Much more teamwork, strategy, and objective based play. You can have the fewest kills and the highest score in the game. And, from what I've seen on YouTube, the graphics are much improved over last-gen.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #184
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
Yeah, the campaign is just the same shoot the bad guys as they pop up, no real objective or strategy. I thought the graphics were pretty horrible as well.

I am still hooked on Battlefield. There's so much more to it than just running around killing the other team. Much more teamwork, strategy, and objective based play. You can have the fewest kills and the highest score in the game. And, from what I've seen on YouTube, the graphics are much improved over last-gen.
That's funny you say that. I actually thought the graphics on BF4 looked worse than COD. I had Ghosts on the PS3 and the difference was unbelievable. BF4 doesn't look bad mind you just not the huge leap forward from Ghosts I personally thought.

I do agree with your assessment of BF4 Multiplayer though. It is much better than COD.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #185

Firefighter:

Results are in.

http://youtu.be/pz2HxC2wAsA

New set up by the way.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #186
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Results are in.

http://youtu.be/pz2HxC2wAsA

Another knock out win for the PS4.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #187
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer facts and data over opinion, but interesting to see those results. I did see a graphics comparison of Assassin's Creed 4, comparing the 2 consoles as well as the PC. Apparently the One upscales from 720p and does not look as good as the PS4 or PC versions.

Anyway, the specs on both systems are so close that it should come down to the games library. Whichever console has the exclusives you want to play, that is probably the one you should get. Or, if you are made of money like the OP apparently is, you just get both.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #188

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Anyway, the specs on both systems are so close that it should come down to the games library. Whichever console has the exclusives you want to play, that is probably the one you should get.
In reality that is exactly what it will come down too. I want to play the exclusive games coming out for both systems so that is why I have both. That said... My laptop (at this moment) still has better graphics than either system.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:08 AM   #189
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I think xbox should have been blown out in hardware.. honestly Xboxs user interface sucks.. I hate that I have to invite people to party chat to invite them to a game, I hate that half the time I can't join party chat, I hate how delayed reading messages is, the voice commands blow even with the Kinect 1 foot away from me. I miss the interface from the 360 and I hope they update the One.. makes GBs almost impossible.

That being said, IMO I think the xbox one controller is better (I'm probably just used to the grip and feel but it fits my hands better) however the triggers are fairly sensitive because they are bigger. Either way im happy with my purchase and that's all that matters. The only people who really care about which console "won" are the fanboys so they have something to brag about.

I would have been shocked had the xbox won just because of the glitches and massive change from the old system. Congrats Sony
Old 01-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #190

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post

That being said, IMO I think the xbox one controller is better (I'm probably just used to the grip and feel but it fits my hands better) however the triggers are fairly sensitive because they are bigger. Either way im happy with my purchase and that's all that matters. The only people who really care about which console "won" are the fanboys so they have something to brag about.
I honestly like both controllers equally. I do love the rumble feature in the triggers while playing Forza. I can see where that feature might be annoying in other games but it works great in Forza. Truth be told, I'm actually playing the Xbox more than the PS4 right now just because there are no games for either system at moment. Ghosts didn't take long to get old and BF4 just doesn't hold my attention. Forza is a good game and I spend some time with it most every day. But honestly I'm back to my PC until Titanfall comes out.

As far as user interface goes I really don't have a issue with either system. I dislike Kinect and can find no use for it. It doesn't work properly with Forza even with it sitting directly in front of me and that sucks. It is a $100 add on that doesn't need to be there. That is really the only fault I can find with the Xbox One.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #191
Sacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shedSacrifice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Sacrifice's Tacoma Gallery
5-games-could-win-console-war-ps4

havent watched the videos yet, just thought id share it
Old 01-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #192

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
5-games-could-win-console-war-ps4

havent watched the videos yet, just thought id share it
The Order looks good. The rest of them I don't really care about. Watchdog, Destiny, and The Division are on my list of games. Even though they are all cross platform I'll pick them up on the PS4 just because I think the graphics will be slightly better.

Titanfall and of course Halo 5 (or whatever they decide to call it) are on my list for the Xbox.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #193
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Have they release any updates for the consoles yet? I know with the XBOX eventually you are supposed to be able to hook up an external drive to expand storage. Have they released that ability yet or have they announced when it will be released? I kind of quit paying attention for a while and just as the OP I have been focusing on PC Games but I'm getting ready to make my purchase in the near future and was wondering about how quick they are acting to resolve any Issues or perceived issues?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #194

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Have they release any updates for the consoles yet? I know with the XBOX eventually you are supposed to be able to hook up an external drive to expand storage. Have they released that ability yet or have they announced when it will be released? I kind of quit paying attention for a while and just as the OP I have been focusing on PC Games but I'm getting ready to make my purchase in the near future and was wondering about how quick they are acting to resolve any Issues or perceived issues?
As far as expanding storage I haven't heard of any updates. My biggest issue right now is the lack of Chat support and the lack of Dolby 5.1 surround from the optical out on the Xbox One.

No issues with the PS4

Both consoles are plagued with a lack of games at the moment.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 AM   #195
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

3 games coming out im stoked for.

Titanfall
Destiny
The Division

I can't wait for these games to come out

Not that this has anything to do with the console war but figured you guys would care lol
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #196

Firefighter:
Quote:
3 games coming out im stoked for.

Titanfall
Destiny
The Division

I can't wait for these games to come out

Not that this has anything to do with the console war but figured you guys would care lol
Nope... I'm just like you. Can't wait for those. I would also add Watchdog to the list. I'll probably buy ESO for PC since Console MMO's always seem to clunky. ESO might be different though since I think it will play similar to Skyrim.

In fact... I can't tell you the last time I turned on my PS4. I'm done with Ghosts and BF4 and only hit up the Xbox for Forza every once in a while.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #197

I'll look into watchdog but right now those 3 are at the top of my list lol. I still play ghosts but just dont care anymore.. the new DLC is okay but nothing to make the game awesome and the new gun is OP just like the peacekeeper
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #198

Firefighter:
Quote:
I'll look into watchdog but right now those 3 are at the top of my list lol. I still play ghosts but just dont care anymore.. the new DLC is okay but nothing to make the game awesome and the new gun is OP just like the peacekeeper
Yeah... I guess I'm done with FPS as it stands right now. MW 1 and 2 were great. After that I just got bored. There is only so many ways to kill someone and it's the same shit over and over again. Titianfall looks to change that and I'm looking forward to that. Destiny and The Division are a little of both Coop and PVP so that peaks my interest also.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #199

Im excited to see how large the maps on destiny actually are. If its anything like they are saying im not excited for the 100-150gig download its probably going to take lol
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #200

Firefighter:
Quote:
Im excited to see how large the maps on destiny actually are. If its anything like they are saying im not excited for the 100-150gig download its probably going to take lol
150gig on a 500 gig hd won't be a big deal to me. I would imagine that by then you will be able to utilize a external HD too. If that's the case I would use a external SSD for faster loading times.

Products Discussed in this Thread