1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RearViewMirror, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dec 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It is...

Not challenging you at all. I didn't read through your post to see the highlighted part. My bad.

2. Dec 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    ;)

:popcorn: challenge wasnt the right word.. but I typed it anyways

3. Dec 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT

All hooked up and downloaded the update. Right now installing Forza 5

My first impression of the console is, it looks better in person than on all the reviews that I have seen. Bigger than the PS4 but not overly so. It is a good looking machine in my opinion.
    I hate the "Brick" power block though and I probably won't be taking this console to work as it is too much trouble to unhook all the extras as opposed to the PS4. But... honestly that's okay since I've ordered Destiny on the PS4 anyway.

I'm not sure about Kinect yet as I've yet to play with those features. It will be later tonight before I'm able to get into the system and play some games. Borrowed COD Ghosts from a friend so I can do a side by side comparison.

DSC_0274_56a5631a0035d1fa6d65aead1f2677f287f8b4d4.jpg

4. Dec 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
  5. Dec 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    Looking forward to hearing these :popcorn:

6. Dec 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Just got home and played one race in Forza. Graphics look great (as expected). Rumble feature in the triggers.... Epic idea! Played with Kinect voice a little. Pretty neat but I seriously doubt I will use it much. It works fine, especially in my office, but I can see where if you had a lot of people it probably wouldn't work as well.

More to come...

7. Dec 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    adio

adio Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    man, I'm so j dude haha. you got the 2 of the hottest game consoles right now.

aahhh soo want a PS4 right now :drool:

Checked everywhere for one. every place got a damn call/waiting list.

8. Dec 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I know man... PS4 right now is non-existent. I ran by WalMart this morning and they had 10 Xbox's sitting on the shelf. I knew it was a matter of time before I got one but temptation took over and I picked one up. Honestly there is only so much COD / BF4 one can play before you start getting bored. Forza is by far the best racing sim out there for consoles plus it has the Top Gear BBC crew narrating so that's just the icing on the cake.

I'll play some COD in a bit and check out the differences (if any).

More to come.

9. Dec 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    I can't find any consoles in town (even if I wanted Xbox). So far some things already don't interest me such as the kinect (I'm just not into motion games), rumble sticks (I always turn it off), forza is a great game (not a console seller to me though, look forward to hearing about new exclusives though)

10. Dec 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah... They could have left the Kinect off as far as I'm concerned. It will never be utilized by me (at least not that I can see sitting in my office). The rumble feature I've always liked and I especially like the rumble in the triggers. For Forza it allows me to know when my tires are about to lock up or spinning. I imagine in shooters it allows for rumble when you fire your weapon which would be pretty cool too.

I've got to say that... first impression... I like the PS4 controller better (even though the Xbox has the rumble in the triggers). I would have never said that about the PS3 controller. The 360 controller was miles ahead of the PS3 controller in my opinion. But with the PS4 controller they have made a vast improvement in shape, functionality, and resistance with the control sticks. I can't wait to see how developers utilize the touch pad also. It worked great in Kill Zone even though Kill Zone was just a "meh" game.

I agree Forza isn't a console seller but Halo would have been had I just waited. I knew I couldn't wait though so Forza is just a nice change of pace.

I'll post more tomorrow. Back to Forza!

11. Dec 11, 2013 at 3:53 AM
    Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    Funny you say that, I still play my 360 from time to time, but for some reason, I find my X1 controller makes my hands cramp up, I dunno if the palm swells are smaller or what, but after a couple hours I have to set it down and stretch my hands out, maybe if they ever come out with a Messenger pad for the X1 it'll be alright, but I don't find the controller comfortable at all, maybe if I had smaller hands??
    Like I said in the other X1 thread, from my experience with the X1 (and I have NOT seen, touched, looked at a PS4) I am very impressed, there are minor glitches which to me can be fixable with patches/updates, the Kinect works great as far as voice commands go, I am also at around 95% response success, but I haven't tried to exercise ALL the voice commands ( http://xbox.tumblr.com/image/67814676204 ). I haven't heard of any bricking with the X1 yet (which I am NOT saying it hasn't happened), but they are flying off of shelves in stores around this province, no one can find them anywhere.

12. Dec 11, 2013 at 5:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT

I understand what you're saying. It feels as if they've moved the trigger / bumper buttons a little too much to me. I played a bunch of Forza last night with no issues with being uncomfortable but I could see how that might be a issue with some.

So far I haven't run into any glitches or freezing yet. I've got all day (hopefully) to play so I'll update later.

13. Dec 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    XB1 just had an update... if your xbox is in auto-wake mode (voice command "on") then you should already have it... If not itll update tomorrow... Fixed some minor issues, game crashes, voice commands, and what not

14. Dec 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Mine must have updated yesterday (or in the middle of the night if it does that). Everything is still working perfectly. Comparing COD Ghosts to the PS4 right now.

More later....

15. Dec 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    I think Microshaft should have a "polite" update.... After it hears me to sign in and go through all that shit, I say Thank-you.... fucker doesn't even chime in acknowledgement....... X1 clearly has the soul of a female.....

16. Dec 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Will there be any games for either system with multiplayer that isn't over the internets? Like good ole split screen? It's just not fun sitting in a room by myself drinking beer and eating Jack in the Box while telling my buddies how I had sex with their mom last night over the internet.

17. Dec 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    :rofl:

18. Dec 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    haha like siri! ;)

LAN party?

19. Dec 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

:laugh:

20. Dec 11, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    The Kinect still has to be connected to the console. Just not crazy about that. This doesn't help either

Titanfall looks awesome though...

Products Discussed in

To Top