LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Old 12-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #41
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
This is ridiculous you should be Penalized some how for having both systems. I can't find an Xbox anywhere. and your all like "yeah I saw a few laying on the shelf and I wasn't going to buy it but at the last minute I decided to go for it" I'm so angry with you right now. And I don't even really know you! you have to work really hard to piss someone off that you doesn't even know you.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #42
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
This is ridiculous you should be Penalized some how for having both systems. I can't find an Xbox anywhere. and your all like "yeah I saw a few laying on the shelf and I wasn't going to buy it but at the last minute I decided to go for it" I'm so angry with you right now. And I don't even really know you! you have to work really hard to piss someone off that you doesn't even know you.

#firstworldproblems
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #43
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
This will be interesting. I truly think there isn't really a "better". Choice, where one console is superior, the other console is superior in another aspect. I pretty much just depends on if you prefer sony or microsoft.

Edit: I have a xbox 360 and ps2. I won't be buying either of the new consoles for a long time, because I just built a gaming pc and that it just fine with me.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #44
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
#firstworldproblems
This^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
This will be interesting. I truly think there isn't really a "better". Choice, where one console is superior, the other console is superior in another aspect. I pretty much just depends on if you prefer sony or microsoft.
Yup.. I agree. I'll follow up with that in a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING.TACO View Post
i bet by next year they will cost half of what they cost now
Nope... not even close.

Ok,

So I've had the console for about 24 hours and here is my initial impression.

Short answer... They both are good systems and neither in any real world scenario outshines the other.

Now to the longer answer. After playing the Xbox for a little over a day this is my first impression (I'll give a follow up after owning it for a while). It is a really good system.

Hardware: As stated earlier it is a really good looking system. Set up was easy with no issues and didn't really take that long for any of it to finish. If I had one criticism it would be directed at the Kinect. I just can't find a use for it. Yes I know you can talk to it and it does work (especially for me since I am in a quiet room) but I just don't do it. It is pretty cool when you sit down and it automatically logs you in just by looking at you but other than that I really have no use for it. It would have been nice if it was a optional unit so maybe the Xbox could have sold for $50 less but it certainly isn't a deal breaker in my opinion.

Controllers: As I stated earlier, I love the rumble feature in the triggers. I know some of you turn that feature off and I completely understand but I love it in Forza. That said, this is the first time that I "personally" think the PS4 controller is better. Mind you the Xbox One controller is a very good controller but the 360 controller in my opinion was the best controller of the last gen consoles. Not this time around for me. The PS4 controller just fits better and feels better to me. I realize this is a subjective observation so everyone will have their own opinion on which they like more.

Software: The launch titles for both systems are pretty shallow at the moment so there is really only a handful of games that you can compare the two systems with. I spent most of my time in Forza and it is a great game both visually and gameplay wise. From my understanding Gran Turismo 6 pretty much sucks but since it's a PS3 game I can't really compare the two. Forza was always a better game in my personal opinion with the sheer amount of customization you can do in the game.

I was able to make a observation on COD Ghosts between the two systems and this is what I found. The Xbox version looks "slightly" less detailed than the PS4 version. Take that with a grain of salt though because it still looks amazing. It's like going into Best Buy with all the HDTV's on the wall and it's easy to pick out which one has a better picture but when you get it home all of them would have looked great because you didn't have anything to compare it too anymore. I can only assume it is because the Xbox has to "upscale" to 1080P where the PS4 is native to 1080P. This certainly wouldn't sway my decision to buy a Xbox if that was what I was in the market for because the difference is negligible at best.

So basically in summary, you are going to most likely buy the system that most of your friends are playing on and the few console specific games IE: Halo for Xbox and Naughty Dog games for the PS4.

If I had to choose a system personally it would be the PS4 first and the Xbox second but that is just "My" personal preference.

Either way you will be getting a good system.

I'll post more on down the road.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #45
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Instructor: AAAB/Bravo Co 1-210 AVN REGT/128th AVN BDE (Provisional)
Name: Ryan Mathis
Location: Lives: Newport News, VA(soon to be Ft. Carson)/Home: Leesburg, GA
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post

This^^^

Yup.. I agree. I'll follow up with that in a few

Nope... not even close.

Ok,

So I've had the console for about 24 hours and here is my initial impression.

Short answer... They both are good systems and neither in any real world scenario outshines the other.

Now to the longer answer. After playing the Xbox for a little over a day this is my first impression (I'll give a follow up after owning it for a while). It is a really good system.

Hardware: As stated earlier it is a really good looking system. Set up was easy with no issues and didn't really take that long for any of it to finish. If I had one criticism it would be directed at the Kinect. I just can't find a use for it. Yes I know you can talk to it and it does work (especially for me since I am in a quiet room) but I just don't do it. It is pretty cool when you sit down and it automatically logs you in just by looking at you but other than that I really have no use for it. It would have been nice if it was a optional unit so maybe the Xbox could have sold for $50 less but it certainly isn't a deal breaker in my opinion.

Controllers: As I stated earlier, I love the rumble feature in the triggers. I know some of you turn that feature off and I completely understand but I love it in Forza. That said, this is the first time that I "personally" think the PS4 controller is better. Mind you the Xbox One controller is a very good controller but the 360 controller in my opinion was the best controller of the last gen consoles. Not this time around for me. The PS4 controller just fits better and feels better to me. I realize this is a subjective observation so everyone will have their own opinion on which they like more.

Software: The launch titles for both systems are pretty shallow at the moment so there is really only a handful of games that you can compare the two systems with. I spent most of my time in Forza and it is a great game both visually and gameplay wise. From my understanding Gran Turismo 6 pretty much sucks but since it's a PS3 game I can't really compare the two. Forza was always a better game in my personal opinion with the sheer amount of customization you can do in the game.

I was able to make a observation on COD Ghosts between the two systems and this is what I found. The Xbox version looks "slightly" less detailed than the PS4 version. Take that with a grain of salt though because it still looks amazing. It's like going into Best Buy with all the HDTV's on the wall and it's easy to pick out which one has a better picture but when you get it home all of them would have looked great because you didn't have anything to compare it too anymore. I can only assume it is because the Xbox has to "upscale" to 1080P where the PS4 is native to 1080P. This certainly wouldn't sway my decision to buy a Xbox if that was what I was in the market for because the difference is negligible at best.

So basically in summary, you are going to most likely buy the system that most of your friends are playing on and the few console specific games IE: Halo for Xbox and Naughty Dog games for the PS4.

If I had to choose a system personally it would be the PS4 first and the Xbox second but that is just "My" personal preference.

Either way you will be getting a good system.

I'll post more on down the road.

my problem with this is that this is suppose to be a next gen console. the previous gen did 720p native. the new generation should be doing 1080p native and there is no excuse for still doing 720p native
Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #46
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
my problem with this is that this is suppose to be a next gen console. the previous gen did 720p native. the new generation should be doing 1080p native and there is no excuse for still doing 720p native
I agree. PS4 Does but xbox doesnt.

Oh... One thing that someone brought up was that the Xbox was outselling the PS4. That depends on which source you go with. There really isn't any solid evidence either way. Forbes says the PS4 is out selling the Xbox where other sites state the opposite. Doesn't really matter either way anyway.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #47
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
subd for further reviews.

Is the PlayStation online still free? versus the 50 bucks a year for xboxlive
Old 12-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #48
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I agree. PS4 Does but xbox doesnt.

Oh... One thing that someone brought up was that the Xbox was outselling the PS4. That depends on which source you go with. There really isn't any solid evidence either way. Forbes says the PS4 is out selling the Xbox where other sites state the opposite. Doesn't really matter either way anyway.

yeah, i know the PS4 is doing that. i was just ranting about the xbox
Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #49

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerhump View Post
subd for further reviews.

Is the PlayStation online still free? versus the 50 bucks a year for xboxlive
No... PS network is $49 per year. Quite frankly I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did for free. That said, it is $4 per month to be able to play online and they also give you free games each month. The games they give you are actually pretty good games also. It is well worth it in my opinion. Hell I pay for PSN, Xbox Live, and $15 per month for a WoW subscription. All that added together is still less than going out to eat once per month and it gives me hours upon hours of entertainment. It's only money and it's all relative.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
So wait , if you watch a BluRay on PS3 are you saying it only displays at 720p ?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #51

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
So wait , if you watch a BluRay on PS3 are you saying it only displays at 720p ?
He was talking about the Xbox still not displaying 1080p native which doesn't make any sense for a next gen console.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #52
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He was talking about the Xbox still not displaying 1080p native which doesn't make any sense for a next gen console.
Oh , gotcha
Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #53
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oh , gotcha

and i was only talking about games. xbox1/360 do native 720p. ps3 did 720p also. ps4 does native 1080p and is the only one that doesnt have to upscale
Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #54
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
so if the kinect is enabled does the xbox1 automatically turn on when you walk in the room? or is it just voice activated?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #55
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Xbox one does 720 for a better gaming experience... there is less lag running in 720 than in 1080.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #56
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Corey has it right its all about refresh rate with games. Hince why MLG uses computer monitors and VGA outputs

Xb1 is voice activated on... Its motion sensitive to logging you into your acct

P.s. Im writing this on my xb1 and my smart glass app for iphone/ipad
Old 12-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #57
chaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud ofchaddawkins has much to be proud of
Navy: AS2
Name: Chad
chaddawkins's Tacoma Gallery
Please read

Ignorance EVERYWHERE !

Please read:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS...and_Framerates

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...ames-to-1080p/

There are other important things to consider, like this:
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/17...lable-to-users
Old 12-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #58

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Xbox one does 720 for a better gaming experience... there is less lag running in 720 than in 1080.
No lag seen on the PS4 on COD Ghosts.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #59

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Corey has it right its all about refresh rate with games. Hince why MLG uses computer monitors and VGA outputs
Yup... which is why I run both of mine through a Samsung 27" 120hrz LED 1080p computer monitor. I mainly got that monitor because it matches the refresh rate of my laptop.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #60
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup... which is why I run both of mine through a Samsung 27" 120hrz LED 1080p computer monitor. I mainly got that monitor because it matches the refresh rate of my laptop.
Yeah I played Halo on an mlg monitor. It's awesome. I'm using my xb1 on my tv for now because of how awesome the entertainment aspect is. Also I have no lag on the screen.