Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
PS4 / Xbox One... Reviews in Progress

So I've had the PS4 since launch and it has been a great system. I knew that I was eventually going to buy a Xbox One and the temptation finally got the best of me. I've been seeing them on the store shelves for the last few weeks and finally couldn't resist buying one.

Comparisons, opinions, likes and dislike between the two systems will be forthcoming once I get everything installed like I want and play around with the Xbox One for a bit.

I know there will be fanboys from either side so try not to fall into the mine is better than your's pissing match. Won't sway anyone's opinion and will just downgrade to a huge argument for no reason.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Only reason I don't like the xbone is because the kinect is required to use the system, the commands you are supposed to give the console hardly work as well (from consumer complaints). Also the NSA will watch you the whole time you are playing
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
False.. my commands work about 95% of the time... the other 5 Im just being lazy in my speech haha...

I hop the NSA is watching I walk around naked with my xbox on
Old 12-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually a PC fanboy because it will always be superior to consoles, but I just genuinely hate xboxs.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I'm actually a PC fanboy because it will always be superior to consoles, but I just genuinely hate xboxs.
i have a nice gaming rig too.... Gotta be well rounded
Old 12-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
one of the guys i work with prefers his ps4 over his xbox1. mostly because the xbox1 doesnt do 1080p native. still does 720p and upscales to 1080p
Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post

what are your qualifications? other than having cash to blow?
Played every console since the 2600 should give me enough cred. Plus my $2500 gaming laptop still blows each system away atm

Don't be afraid... it will be unbiased. I didn't buy a Xbox One just to prove a point. If it is better or worse I'll let you know "my" opinions. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them by any means. I already know you're an Xbox fanboy.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Played every console since the 2600 should give me enough cred. Plus my $2500 gaming laptop still blows each system away atm

Don't be afraid... it will be unbiased. I didn't buy a Xbox One just to prove a point. If it is better or worse I'll let you know "my" opinions. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them by any means. I already know you're an Xbox fanboy.
psshhh
Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #10

Firefighter:
Quote:
psshhh
Spoken like a true fanboy
Old 12-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
i bolded your laptop!
Okay?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #14

Firefighter:
Can I at least get to a review before you start arguing about everything?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
i think the PS4 gets you about 2 more MPG but thats just what i heard
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #16

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
i think the PS4 gets you about 2 more MPG but thats just what i heard
No doubt but we'll see
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #17
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Only reason I don't like the xbone is because the kinect is required to use the system, the commands you are supposed to give the console hardly work as well (from consumer complaints). Also the NSA will watch you the whole time you are playing
Kinect is not required, it's on by default and there's an option in Settings to turn it off. I have mine off unless skyping. Playing some BF4 right now on XB1 w/ Kinect off.

Voice commands work if there's no one else talking in the room. And the party/friend system is the most useless POS... you do not get notifications when friends sign in and the party chat rarely works. Very limited # of apps.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #19
eviele will become famous soon enougheviele will become famous soon enough

eviele's Tacoma Gallery
I've been waiting for a review like this.
Carry on sir.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
Can I at least get to a review before you start arguing about everything?
haha im not trying to be a dick but you just put in that your gaming laptop is awesome.... and you challenged me

Products Discussed in this Thread