Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

World Of Warcraft - Who plays?

Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
World Of Warcraft - Who plays?

Anyone on here actively playing wow? Kinda curious.. I've been playing for quite sometime now and recently just got back into it full swing!

I wont lie I love this game, a lot to do.. Fun content to go through, and you make your character your own, in a way.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Are you buff as shit too?

Joking, I used to play but not anymore.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Are you buff as shit too?

Joking, I used to play but not anymore.
haha I hit the gym every day

Few buddies of mine are starting back up again too and we're starting a new guild to progress and get ready for the new expansion haha
Old 12-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
There's better ways to waste your time
Old 12-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
IAFF Local 34 Professional FireFighters
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
I've still got a account that I activate every so often. Don't play near as much as I used too.

I reactivated my LoTRO account the other day though to see what has changed since the 2 years that I've been gone. Plus I suppose the Hobbit movie got me feeling nostalgic about playing. I started playing in closed / open beta in that game and played for almost 5 years straight.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
I reactivated my LoTRO account the other day though to see what has changed since the 2 years that I've been gone. Plus I suppose the Hobbit movie got me feeling nostalgic about playing. I started playing in closed / open beta in that game and played for almost 5 years straight.

hah! I work for Turbine and have been working with LOTRO for several years now. glad to have you back

I used to be big into WOW. I played for about 5 years from release. The best time I had in WOW was with the Burning Crusade expansion. That was when class utility was required for crowd control in dungeon/raid groups (sap, traps, banish, etc..). and that was when you had to pull the fewest number of NPC's to survive. Now, its a big AOE-fest with far less class specialization. what finally got me to quit was me being tired of so many "l33t-dood", foul-mouthed, punk kids mouthing off to me. ultimately, the community ruined that game.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
hah! I work for Turbine and have been working with LOTRO for several years now. glad to have you back

I used to be big into WOW. I played for about 5 years from release. The best time I had in WOW was with the Burning Crusade expansion. That was when class utility was required for crowd control in dungeon/raid groups (sap, traps, banish, etc..). and that was when you had to pull the fewest number of NPC's to survive. Now, its a big AOE-fest with far less class specialization. what finally got me to quit was me being tired of so many "l33t-dood", foul-mouthed, punk kids mouthing off to me. ultimately, the community ruined that game.
yeah this is true.. just got back into it myself and starting up a progression guild.... I basically want to get things started so when WoD comes out we're ready... The exp is supposed to be similar to vanilla
Old 12-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post

Haha.. That's pretty cool to hear man! I loved LoTRO for so many years. We had a great core group of players that we would raid with and similar to what you described before the downfall of WoW you needed to be proficient at your class.

The Rift of Nrz Ghshu is arguably the best raid in ANY MMO to date. It's a shame any raid after that in LoTRO doesn't even come close. We spent many nights in that raid and was one of the very first Kins to 6 man the Balrog at lvl 50.

I've resubed and re rolled my Mini because I want to see the changes made throughout the entire game. I'll leave my LM, Huntard, and Guard parked at 75 though.

The biggest problem I have with LoTRO is the LoTRO store. I understand that this is a business and needs to be profitable to continue to provide a service. But the LoTRO store has become extremely intrusive and you can seemingly "buy" your way to the level cap. This in my opinion lowers the player base that can actually "play" their class.

My second biggest issue and it's pretty damn close to the biggest issue is the fucking legendary item system. I HATE the legendary items. I miss the days of getting rare drops such as the "Elder Staff" off of Mordirith (Carn Dm). I ran that countless times until I finally got it. Legendary Items took that part of the game away and now you can just make (buy) whatever weapon you want basically.

I'm going to keep playing for a while and see what's changed. If it isn't any better ES O comes out April 4th.

*EDIT* I still have Palantir installed on my computer.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
LoTRO always looked kinda fun but that "pay to play" is so dumb... you can only do well by buying stuff.... Ruined games like EvQ (never played it though), DC Universe, SWTOR, Im just glad it hasnt hit WoW.... Id be furious

I do like killing me some epic dragons though
Old 12-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #11

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
LoTRO always looked kinda fun but that "pay to play" is so dumb... you can only do well by buying stuff.... Ruined games like EvQ (never played it though), DC Universe, SWTOR, Im just glad it hasnt hit WoW.... Id be furious

I do like killing me some epic dragons though
It's not really "you can only do well by buying stuff". It doesn't work that way. It's that the option to buy stuff to circumvent the system so you can level "faster" is what bothers me. Buying anything off the store does not give one player a advantage over another other than just leveling faster and not "grinding" out what you need. The fact of the matter is the people that use that system are generally worse because of lack of understanding their class. I really don't have a issue with ftp games but it has been my personal experience that the actual player base suffers because of it.
I've played WoW for quite sometime also but it suffers similar problems also as the player base "seems" to be a little less mature over there. The thing about LoTRO is "most" people that play are Lord of the Rings fans and have read the books (myself included). That tends to bring a "slightly" more mature player base. Not always... but mostly.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
It's not really "you can only do well by buying stuff". It's that the option to buy stuff to circumvent the system so you can level "faster" is what bothers me. Buying anything off the store does not give one player a advantage over another other than just leveling faster and not "grinding" out what you need. The fact of the matter is the people that use that system are generally worse because of lack of understanding their class. I really don't have a issue with ftp games but it has been my personal experience that the actual player base suffers because of it.
I've played WoW for quite sometime also but it suffers similar problems also as the player base "seems" to be a little less mature over there. The thing about LoTRO is "most" people that play are Lord of the Rings fans and have read the books (myself included). That tends to bring a "slightly" more mature player base. Not always... but mostly.
hmm kinda cool!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
CanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enoughCanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enough

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
Used to play hardcore :/ back when the first Nax instance came out, was running with the 8th rank guild in the US....anyone remember the guild Surge? Anyhow, havent played for years now. Sometimes i do miss playing though.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
There's better ways to waste your time
That is of course a matter of opinion.

I have played since BC myself. I have just rolled with the punches as far as the changes. I will admit that I haven't played much since I got Battlefield 4... I am looking forward to the new content. If anyone is curious, they can find me on Dragonblight server, My main is Galberic. My alt is Shalladon. Those are the two I spend most of my time on.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #15
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTRDOffRd View Post
Used to play hardcore :/ back when the first Nax instance came out, was running with the 8th rank guild in the US....anyone remember the guild Surge? Anyhow, havent played for years now. Sometimes i do miss playing though.
I sorta do back in vanilla... Wasn't a hardcore raider but I did up to BWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
That is of course a matter of opinion.

I have played since BC myself. I have just rolled with the punches as far as the changes. I will admit that I haven't played much since I got Battlefield 4... I am looking forward to the new content. If anyone is curious, they can find me on Dragonblight server, My main is Galberic. My alt is Shalladon. Those are the two I spend most of my time on.
Well you two should transfer over to Mal'Ganis (H) and join up in my progression guild LFR = ghey and real content with good people
Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #16
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Well you two should transfer over to Mal'Ganis (H) and join up in my progression guild LFR = ghey and real content with good people
I'm doing just fine on my server. Not planning on leaving. But thanks for the invite. I appreciate it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
Revival...I played all the way back to '05 when it was getting started. Loved that game, kind of crazy now, there is no sense of accomplishment, once you do something there is a hundred more things to do. I guess that is what keeps people around is new content.

I was thinking about playing again as it is a much cheaper way to waste time. On TW drooling on peoples buildsand buying parts is more expensive than $15/mo for WOW. Talking about it makes me want to play again...very addictive.

I need to find better hobbies lol.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #18
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetaco18 View Post
Revival...I played all the way back to '05 when it was getting started. Loved that game, kind of crazy now, there is no sense of accomplishment, once you do something there is a hundred more things to do. I guess that is what keeps people around is new content.

I was thinking about playing again as it is a much cheaper way to waste time. On TW drooling on peoples buildsand buying parts is more expensive than $15/mo for WOW. Talking about it makes me want to play again...very addictive.

I need to find better hobbies lol.
lol I remember playing way back in the day

40 man 8 hour raids can be done with normal groups in a few hours now

no fun

I had full tier one before everything got stupid crazy #nerdtastic
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #19
CanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enoughCanadianTRDOffRd will become famous soon enough

CanadianTRDOffRd's Tacoma Gallery
I keep thinking about going back, but then i keep hearing how terrible the rep grinds are and the daily's time sink. It all reminds me of why i quit in the first place, its not fun having to grind through what was once a fun game to play.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #20
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it pays to play. LSU is giving $100 to people participating in a WoW study