1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

World Of Warcraft - Who plays?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KCDuran, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Dec 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran [OP] Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    Anyone on here actively playing wow? Kinda curious.. I've been playing for quite sometime now and recently just got back into it full swing!

I wont lie I love this game, a lot to do.. Fun content to go through, and you make your character your own, in a way.

2. Dec 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Are you buff as shit too?

Joking, I used to play but not anymore.

3. Dec 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    KCDuran

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    haha I hit the gym every day ;)

Few buddies of mine are starting back up again too and we're starting a new guild to progress and get ready for the new expansion :spy: haha

4. Dec 18, 2013 at 11:35 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Leeeeeroy Jenkins !

5. Dec 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2019 Audi A5, 2017 Audi Q5
    There's better ways to waste your time

6. Dec 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've still got a account that I activate every so often. Don't play near as much as I used too.

I reactivated my LoTRO account the other day though to see what has changed since the 2 years that I've been gone. Plus I suppose the Hobbit movie got me feeling nostalgic about playing. I started playing in closed / open beta in that game and played for almost 5 years straight.

7. Dec 19, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders

hah! I work for Turbine and have been working with LOTRO for several years now. glad to have you back :)

I used to be big into WOW. I played for about 5 years from release. The best time I had in WOW was with the Burning Crusade expansion. That was when class utility was required for crowd control in dungeon/raid groups (sap, traps, banish, etc..). and that was when you had to pull the fewest number of NPC's to survive. Now, its a big AOE-fest with far less class specialization. what finally got me to quit was me being tired of so many "l33t-dood", foul-mouthed, punk kids mouthing off to me. ultimately, the community ruined that game.

8. Dec 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    KCDuran

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    yeah this is true.. just got back into it myself and starting up a progression guild.... I basically want to get things started so when WoD comes out we're ready... The exp is supposed to be similar to vanilla

9. Dec 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Haha.. That's pretty cool to hear man! I loved LoTRO for so many years. We had a great core group of players that we would raid with and similar to what you described before the downfall of WoW you needed to be proficient at your class.

The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu is arguably the best raid in ANY MMO to date. It's a shame any raid after that in LoTRO doesn't even come close. We spent many nights in that raid and was one of the very first Kins to 6 man the Balrog at lvl 50.

I've resubed and re rolled my Mini because I want to see the changes made throughout the entire game. I'll leave my LM, Huntard, and Guard parked at 75 though.

The biggest problem I have with LoTRO is the LoTRO store. I understand that this is a business and needs to be profitable to continue to provide a service. But the LoTRO store has become extremely intrusive and you can seemingly "buy" your way to the level cap. This in my opinion lowers the player base that can actually "play" their class.

My second biggest issue and it's pretty damn close to the biggest issue is the fucking legendary item system. I HATE the legendary items. I miss the days of getting rare drops such as the "Elder Staff" off of Mordirith (Carn Dûm). I ran that countless times until I finally got it. Legendary Items took that part of the game away and now you can just make (buy) whatever weapon you want basically.

I'm going to keep playing for a while and see what's changed. If it isn't any better ES O comes out April 4th.

*EDIT* I still have Palantir installed on my computer.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. Dec 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    KCDuran

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    LoTRO always looked kinda fun but that "pay to play" is so dumb... you can only do well by buying stuff.... Ruined games like EvQ (never played it though), DC Universe, SWTOR, Im just glad it hasnt hit WoW.... Id be furious

I do like killing me some epic dragons though :D

11. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It's not really "you can only do well by buying stuff". It doesn't work that way. It's that the option to buy stuff to circumvent the system so you can level "faster" is what bothers me. Buying anything off the store does not give one player a advantage over another other than just leveling faster and not "grinding" out what you need. The fact of the matter is the people that use that system are generally worse because of lack of understanding their class. I really don't have a issue with ftp games but it has been my personal experience that the actual player base suffers because of it.
    I've played WoW for quite sometime also but it suffers similar problems also as the player base "seems" to be a little less mature over there. The thing about LoTRO is "most" people that play are Lord of the Rings fans and have read the books (myself included). That tends to bring a "slightly" more mature player base. Not always... but mostly.

12. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    KCDuran

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    hmm kinda cool!

13. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    CanadianTRDOffRd

CanadianTRDOffRd Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    07 Black TRD Off Road
    Painted black rear bumper Painted front grill Maxpider digital fit floor mats Black Tail Lights Black Depot headlights Full OME lift LR UCA's Relentless front Bumper Thule Rack System 285/70/17 KO2’s
    Used to play hardcore :/ back when the first Nax instance came out, was running with the 8th rank guild in the US....anyone remember the guild Surge? Anyhow, havent played for years now. Sometimes i do miss playing though.

14. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    That is of course a matter of opinion.

I have played since BC myself. I have just rolled with the punches as far as the changes. I will admit that I haven't played much since I got Battlefield 4...:D I am looking forward to the new content. If anyone is curious, they can find me on Dragonblight server, My main is Galberic. My alt is Shalladon. Those are the two I spend most of my time on.

15. Dec 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    KCDuran

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    I sorta do back in vanilla... Wasn't a hardcore raider but I did up to BWL

Well you two should transfer over to Mal'Ganis (H) and join up in my progression guild ;) LFR = ghey and real content with good people :)

16. Dec 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I'm doing just fine on my server. Not planning on leaving. But thanks for the invite. I appreciate it.

17. Feb 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    firetaco18

firetaco18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Revival...I played all the way back to '05 when it was getting started. Loved that game, kind of crazy now, there is no sense of accomplishment, once you do something there is a hundred more things to do. I guess that is what keeps people around is new content.

I was thinking about playing again as it is a much cheaper way to waste time. On TW drooling on peoples builds:drool:and buying parts is more expensive than $15/mo for WOW. Talking about it makes me want to play again...very addictive.

I need to find better hobbies lol.:smash:

18. Feb 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    lol I remember playing way back in the day

40 man 8 hour raids can be done with normal groups in a few hours now

no fun

I had full tier one before everything got stupid crazy #nerdtastic

19. Feb 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    CanadianTRDOffRd

CanadianTRDOffRd Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    07 Black TRD Off Road
    Painted black rear bumper Painted front grill Maxpider digital fit floor mats Black Tail Lights Black Depot headlights Full OME lift LR UCA's Relentless front Bumper Thule Rack System 285/70/17 KO2’s
    I keep thinking about going back, but then i keep hearing how terrible the rep grinds are and the daily's time sink. It all reminds me of why i quit in the first place, its not fun having to grind through what was once a fun game to play.

20. Feb 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2019 Audi A5, 2017 Audi Q5
    I guess it pays to play. LSU is giving $100 to people participating in a WoW study

Products Discussed in

To Top