Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

What do you think is the best and worst Clint Eastwood film?

Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think is the best and worst Clint Eastwood film?

Let's hear it. Opinions?
Old 12-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
Let's hear it. Opinions?
“Best”? Why don’t you just ask me which one of my children I love the most? :P

That said, best: High Plains Drifter (but this was almost a random guess).

Worst: Bridges of Madison County. *gag*
Old 12-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Best: Unforgiven

"he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

Worst: Bridges of Madison County
Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed07regtacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
07regtacoman's Tacoma Gallery
The best-The Good the Bad and the Ugly,Unforgiven,Escape from Alcatraz
The Worst-Pink Cadillac.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, where would you start. I really like his western & cop movies and I even enjoyed Absolute Power, Blood Work & Trouble with the curve.

Though I hated the ending, Grand Torino is good.

Never had an interest to watch Bridges of Madison County so can't judge it but, guessing I would have hated it.

So, as the others have said, it's hard to pick.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Very hard to choose indeed.

I rank Outlaw Josey Wales and Dirty Harry high on the list.

I almost want to say I didn't care for that one featuring Clyde (the orangatang), but I really don't recall if I ever saw the whole movie or not.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Best: The Outlaw Josey Wales. "Are you gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Worst: Republican National Convention appearance (I know its not a movie, but talking to an empty chair was pretty embarrassing).
Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
Worst: Republican National Convention appearance (I know its not a movie, but talking to an empty chair was pretty embarrassing).
All things considered (age/climate/environment), I thought he was okay doing that monologue though, IMO, I'd rather entertainers not involve themselves in promoting politics unless they're the individual running for that particular office.

Clint has a wide range, he sings (though not that good at it IMO, directs writes etc... Good all around talent.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
zoptaa is on a distinguished road
zoptaa's Tacoma Gallery
WROST - Bridges of Madison County
BEST - The good the bad & the ugly.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:59 AM   #10
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot about one of the weirdest ones.

Clint plus Lee Marvin and a lot other very rough looking characters all singing in a full blown musical set in the old west.

Paint Your Wagons.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
se7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud of

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Growing up I really liked "Every Which Way But Loose" and didn't like Bridges of Madison County.