Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Curse of Oak Island - History Channel treasure hunt

Old 01-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #22
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome episode tonight in the swamp. I don't want to wait until the 9th
Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #23
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.strong View Post
So i tried to watch it from the link you posted...they have it blocked in canada...theres another mystery in its self haha.
For you and your canadian friends there is a google chrome/ firefox extension called Hola. It allows you to bypass the country restrictions on websites.
Here is a link to the website.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #25
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing that I'm afraid of is IF they actually had found something, we'd all know about it by now. Something meaning one of the theorized priceless items. I can't imagine they keep it a mystery due to a contract by the history channel...if it was indeed something amazing. It is still entertaining nonetheless

Also, I noticed the season finale is Feb. 09. Season finale or series finale? Does this mean there will be more? Season finale usually means there will be more.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #26
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
I won't ruin it for you, but stay hopeful. Something even these guys have to contend with, as it pertains to us hearing about an archaeological find, is the Canadian gov't. Even though they own the island they couldn't move forward. Essentially, and this is only an example, if they found a doorway under the swamp, they could use the downtime in the series' seasons to get more permits and allow archaeologists to join them moving forward.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #27
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Ah permits...I forget that is a thing, haha. Well, what you're saying makes sense and could be a possibility.

Last night when Petter was trying to find that stone and they dug up the first stone and was like "wrong stone", not going to lie, I face-palmed. Glad the other guy spotted the other one.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #28
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lmao That was hilarious! Temperature shot up for everyone involved. I don't know how Alex spotted that stone, but it was very lucky! The Tree of Life out of the works of Shakespeare is phenomenal, though. No one had known about that in the history of the island, and if it weren't for Fred Nolan finding the cross 30 years ago then Petter's theory would be a lunatic rant. I'd call that a mini-breakthrough.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #29
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
I'd call that a mini-breakthrough.
I agree. Petters diagram blew me away when they started drawing all the lines on the screen and connecting the dots. I even got my girl friend interested in it. I've been telling her about for the past 3 weeks and this one she finally got hooked.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #36
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I got my mom and step dad into it. They watched all 4 episodes yesterday
Old 02-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #38
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't talked to them about it yet, but yeah it sounds like they enjoyed it. I'll see them tonight
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #39
King of the grill
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Good show for sure. The one thing that gets me with these History Channel reality shows is the repetition. They must have shown the graphic of the pit depth at least a dozen times...
I also thought the recounting of the tragedy was very touching.
I'm through episode 3 now. So far the most intriguing evidence I think is the coconut fiber - even more so that it was dated pre 1400's.
I'm not sure what they expect to find in the swamp.
I'll also note that google earth curiously has a very low resolution shot of Oak Island... I was kinda disappointed about that.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #40

heheheh Bing has the best aerial map of the island. Yeah, they had a lot of ground to cover in the first episode, so it was dizzying with the maps and info, imo. You'll hear about the swamp in episode 4, and it's amazing. What a lot of folks believe is that the swamp is man-made, so the real treasure could be buried there while the Money Pit was only a ruse. The plot thickens..... heheheh