Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Curse of Oak Island - History Channel treasure hunt

Old 01-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Curse of Oak Island - History Channel treasure hunt

For those that aren't fans of all the reality tv drama, here comes "The Curse of Oak Island" on History Channel Sunday nights.

This reality show follows the family who bought the island and how they go about trying to unravel the mystery of the oldest and longest treasure hunt in the world. From the company that brings you "Ancient Aliens."

Anyone see the first episode last week? Second episode airs tonight.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
se7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud of

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Been wanting to watch this, didn't realize it had started already. Going to set the DVR.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
When I realized what it was last week, instantly did record series. I've looked up so much information on this thing on the internet. It is so interesting to me. I must know what is down there!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
ark of the covenant, of course! Just kidding, but who knows. I do think there is something special down there. Not sure why whoever made it went to the extent of making all the traps, the man made cove etc

I don't think whatever was/is in there has been removed because nobody would stack the logs back once they got what they needed.

I also find it odd how the inscribed stone they found some 90ft down just disappeared.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol It could be the Ark!! Aside from pirates, all theories have credible evidence. Wait until Peter Amundsen shows up on the island...... Heard of him or his theory?

The cypher stone may not have existed, which is weird. No one ever took a photo of it, nor did a rubbing. It might've been just for help to find investors, if it did exist. Then again, a stone that deep telling how to disengage the booby trap seems highly feasible. Restall might've found that key right before his death.

I'm thinking it's Spanish gold, if anything. They had the means, the time, and looted the hell out of the Incans and such...
Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #8
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not good on names, but I just looked him up. I've heard theories of shakespears original writings being stored down there. Hopefully it was in something water tight haha
Old 01-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #9

Mercury!! heheh Peter is a sane nut. Not saying it's Shakespeare's works, which could lead to the Menorah and unleash WW3, but he found something undeniably interesting that has been overlooked for 200 years THROUGH Shakespeare's works. Nolan's Cross is key. If you love mystery then you'll love this. lol You get to see the first two episodes yet?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I've only seen the first one so far

for those interested or have no idea what we're talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-lCOHbya8
Old 01-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
se7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud ofse7enine has much to be proud of

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
All caught up now and i'm hooked, can't wait till the next episode.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:03 AM   #12
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I went there as a kid probably 35 years ago. We were on vaca in Mahone Bay NS and I bugged the shit out of my parents to go to the pirate treasure site and it sucked it was just a hole in the ground to look at. Now the history and engineering involved amazes me.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kirk
k.strong's Tacoma Gallery
I find it amazing how many americans know about this.

Next time im home ill try to make the short drive over to oak island. Ive always wanted to go.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #18
k.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shedk.strong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wont be back in NS till summer. Gives me lots of time to learn about it and ask questions.

Id love to know whats down there, but then I feel like it would all be over and forgotten about.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #19

Yeah, I'd love to know, too. At least know who built it and why, you know? It's the mystery more than the treasure, in my mind. Tonight's episode has the first ever interview with the survivor of the Restall tragedy, where he tells his story to Restall's daughter, Lee Lamb. He's never, not even once, spoken about it until this show. Should be good!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #20

So i tried to watch it from the link you posted...they have it blocked in canada...theres another mystery in its self haha.