Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The MUST SEE! Netflix viewing thread!

View Poll Results: What services do you use for typical tv/movie viewing?
Netflix 64 80.00%
Hulu 9 11.25%
Cable 16 20.00%
Redbox 4 5.00%
Other 21 26.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
frankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to behold

Navy: VAQ-138 Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Frank
frankakashane's Tacoma Gallery
The MUST SEE! Netflix viewing thread!

Hi,
I love me some Netflix but am out of new things to watch. I know many people have discovered hidden gems in Netflix, so I thought we could start a list of movies that you feel are "must see" movies and or under appreciated. Ill start the list.

Please copy and past to continue the list and keep it updated!

1)Dale and Tucker vs. Evil
2)Stark Raving Mad
3)Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Just three movies that I feel are some must see that can be found on Netflix. There are many more out there so lets get this list going!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Check out "troll hunter"
it looks so weird, but it's actually a really good movie by our friends in norway. It is what it sounds like...A guy that hunts trolls in the mountains...kinda documentary style flick.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
frankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Check out "troll hunter"
it looks so weird, but it's actually a really good movie by our friends in norway. It is what it sounds like...A guy that hunts trolls in the mountains...kinda documentary style flick.
Sounds like my kind of viewing!

1)Dale and Tucker vs. Evil
2)Stark Raving Mad
3)Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
4)Troll Hunter
Old 01-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I watch more of tv series now then I do movies. I started paying for hulu after stealing my friends netflix account and getting bored with the selection. I use hulu to watch all the tv shows at once when I decide I wanna watch one. When I wanna watch movies I skim through netflix or just grab a redbox.

Plus, netflix and hulu are both streamable on PC, my xbox, phone, and tablet. It's a hard life.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Check out "troll hunter"
Nagelfants! I liked that movie too.

There's a few good'uns on Netflix. I watch a lot of TV series and documentaries, but for movies, here are some from my list. Definitely not for everyone's tastes.

Bunraku
Movie 43
Night Watch (& Day watch)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (all)
Indie Game
The Host
Boondock Saints (if you haven't seen it)
Battle Royal
John Dies at the End
Oldboy
Pi (and Requiem for a Dream)
I Saw the Devil
There Will Be Blood
Dead Man
Rubber
The Grey
Dragon Tattoo Trilogy
The Cabin in the Woods
V/H/S (& 2)
Fargo
Iron Sky
Equilibrium
Branded
Memento
Let the Right One In
Trainspotting
Hobo with a Shotgun
God Bless America
Immortals
Beowulf
The Bay
Dead Snow

...and that's about it for my list. I know there are more, but I think they are gone now.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #7
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
In Bruges
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I rarely watch movies, but I cut the cable about a year ago and haven't looked back because of netflix, hulu, and apple TV
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I rarely watch movies, but I cut the cable about a year ago and haven't looked back because of netflix, hulu, and apple TV
Yeah I think I am going on year 6 with no cable. Between hulu and netflix I have been pretty happy. Have an xbox in the living room and a roku in the bedroom
Old 01-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #10
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Check out "troll hunter"
this movie is only good if you are drinking and with friends.

A good tv series to watch is video game high school. its kind of dumb but its got some funny moments if you like cheesy humore.

Worst movie i ever saw was Nazi Surfers Must die
Old 01-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankakashane View Post
Yeah I think I am going on year 6 with no cable. Between hulu and netflix I have been pretty happy. Have an xbox in the living room and a roku in the bedroom
Nice... I need to feet up some other TVs in the house for streaming... Might get another apple tv
Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Not movies, but...

House of Cards is a must

Orange is the New Black is good(lots of T&A)

Louis, if you enjoy Louis C.K.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #15
cory02taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
cory02taco's Tacoma Gallery
The Sweeney was good, if youre looking for things other than movies Top Gear (U.K.) is my favorite.
Dr. Who
Dexter
White Collar
Jack Reacher
Ip Man
Boondock Saints (Bob Marley, a fellow Mainer has a role)
MI4
Derek
All of these combined make for a few solid months of viewing.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #16
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Not movies, but...

House of Cards is a must

Orange is the New Black is good(lots of T&A)

Louis, if you enjoy Louis C.K.
I agree with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Two netflix original series that won't disappoint.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileySB View Post
I agree with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Two netflix original series that won't disappoint.
Haven't watch House of Cards yet, but Orange is the New Black was awesome. My wife actually got me started on watching that one haha. Season two should be coming out soon I think
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #18
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
Swank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
Swank's Tacoma Gallery
The TV show Blue Mountain State is good if you're into college/partying shows. All 3 seasons were up there not long ago. Might still be there, definitely check it out. I wish they kept making them.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
The TV show Blue Mountain State is good if you're into college/partying shows. All 3 seasons were up there not long ago. Might still be there, definitely check it out. I wish they kept making them.
I loved that show! So damn funny. Yea, it was a bummer they stopped making it. Also, filmed in very high quality. Looks exceptionally good on my HD tv compared to any other show.