Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

New PS3 or Xbox360?

View Poll Results: New PS3 or Xbox360 or what?
PS3 and fix the Xbox myself. 30 55.56%
Get new Xbox. 18 33.33%
Don't get one and get a life. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
New PS3 or Xbox360?

So here is what happened. My box died. Red Rings of Death. Lame.

Well, my mom offered to buy me another one or a PS3 cause I just had my birthday.

What would you do?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know much about the PS3 but I love my xbox. I might try out the PS3, it has some pretty sick graphics.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
hey I got a ps3 for the boxing day sales heres its perks, graphics are better on the same games, the internet pick up is free if you have a router, you can download demo's, and if you have a gig stick you can download movies off your computer with uttorent and play them on your new BLU RAY PLAYER. The playstation 3 apparently is one of the best blu rays on the market, with all the codecs I think they're called.
Put it this way watchign a scratched copy of beerfest on my dvd player, it wouldnt play so I through it in the ps3, and it not just played it flawlessly, but upconverted it. So my vote is PS3
Old 04-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
PS3 all the way, it is a jukebox, blue ray player, computer, and gaming machine...XBOX can't hold a candle. Although I wish PS3 had Halo!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
oh ya did I mention that you can do all your internet stuff on your bigscreen as well? Its the shit man.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
ps3 but fix your xbox yourself if its out of warranty.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the way I look at it. If you already have xbox accessories, live account, etc, get an xbox. The online is MUCH higher quality. You can subscribe to netflix and watch TV and movies in HD.

However, PS3 is wireless ready (+$100 for xbox), it is free online play (+$50 a year for xbox), and i believe it is blueray ready. If you dont have anything for xbox I would say get a ps3
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
PS3 all the way, it is a jukebox, blue ray player, computer, and gaming machine...XBOX can't hold a candle. Although I wish PS3 had Halo!

Xbox can use browsers on the TV. In fact we have our set up so either me or my roomate can play videos from our computers or from HULU or youtube
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Ps3 ftw.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
greenguy is on a distinguished road
greenguy's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, hands down xbox. Granted the PS3 technically is a "better buy", that is you get more for your money on the hardware, but there arnt as many games for PS3. Yes the PS3 has better graphics, but that isnt everything these days. Look at Wii. The only good thing about PS3 i can see is the blueray and free online, but its not enough to make me buy one. I'll buy a blueray player in a year or two. In the mean time I'll keep playing games on the industry dominating xbox that has the largest and best online gaming.

PS i tried to fix my old xbox that had the RROD using the fixes posted online. No luck. Bought an arcade system and used my old hard drive.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Both are great systems. I happen to own a couple of PS3's. Don't forget the media server as well so you can play all the MP3's. see your photos, and view your digitally recorded home videos that are stored on your PC using Windows Media Player / server.

As far as game titles, yeah the XBOX has more titles - but I can only play one game at a time and the only time I was frustrated at the lack of titles was when it first came out. Now there's more than I can handle...

SOCOM is a Sony exclusive but the latest version was an EPIC failure, LOL

Metal Gear Solid is another exclusive that's a must-play. One of the best story modes I've done. I've also enjoyed the story modes for the Resistance: Fall of Man series... another exclusive, don't knock it till you've tried it, is Little Bog Planet - holy crap is that game fun!

Online is free and you can create mulitiple profiles. Get the camera and the video conferencing works REALLY well.

Playstation Home, as far as I'm concerned, is lame - XBOX Live is a more user friendly online experience, but I'm still able to communicate just fine with all my buddies on the PS3 through text chat / voice chat / whatever... more upgrades to come...

It's a win / win situation - I'm not asying anything bad about the XBOX because it's pretty badass too - I just happen to be a PS3 owner...

Good Luck!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i have a ps3 i never use
Old 04-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
PS3 for the dualshock controllers if nothing else. i can't imagine playing a game with a controller besides Sony's. don't know what to think of that monstrosity of a controller the XBOX has.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
PS3 for the dualshock controllers if nothing else. i can't imagine playing a game with a controller besides Sony's. don't know what to think of that monstrosity of a controller the XBOX has.
I was the same way, I loved the PS2 controllers and didnt want an XBOX just because of the controller, but you honetsly get used to it and now I love the controllers and its weird for me to hold a PS controller.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you sell your xbox and stuff and take the money your mom was going to give you and put it towards a lift or some cool mods. Xbox 360 will eventually grow old because a new system will come out, but toyotas run 4 life.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
Fox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud ofFox has much to be proud of

Army: Medic
Fox's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fox
buy some parts for your tacoma.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
xbox ftw. i have both and my ps3 is only used for blu-ray. my xbox on the other hand is strictly gaming. i just feel there aren't enough great exclusive games on the ps3. we keep hearing about them but some are non-exsistant
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery

get a new 360 or fix the old one, I fixed mine with the RROD kit from ebay, only $5. and its been going for months now

had a PS3 and didnt like it, slow to load games, not real great games etc... 360 is way better IMO.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
pepple4 is on a distinguished road
pepple4's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the original xbox or xbox 360 that crapped out. If it's the xbox 360 then they should fix it for free.