1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo 5, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by taco terror, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 18, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    taco terror

taco terror [OP] 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    I'm probably the biggest Halo nerd on this website. Most of the people on here who play games either do Battlefield or COD, so I don't think this thread will take off anywhere.

But anyways this is for the discussion of Halo 5, thoughts about it, if your getting, or why this thread was a waste of my time and precious server storage space for our beloved Tacoma forum.
    [​IMG]

2. May 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    Halo 2 ftw.

Sorry I have nothing better to add.

3. May 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    To start:

I've owned and played through every halo game released (except for HALO ODST)
    When Halo 3 was announced, it was the only reason I went out and bought an Xbox 360, if history repeats itself then that means I'll buy the new Xbox One.

That's the only thing keeping me from Buying the new Halo when it comes out, I'll pay $70 for it but dishing out over $600 in truck money on a new console does not sound enjoyable.

4. May 18, 2014 at 7:10 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    I honestly feel as though Halo 2 was my favorite, I just started playing it again yesterday haha. That game was my childhood:eek::D

5. May 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    I love halo! CE is my favorite though, its what got me into gaming.

I dont have an xbox one but halo 5 would be the reason id get one.

6. May 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    Same here about the xbox one, what got me loving the series was how it started out like a mystery with CE.

7. May 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    yoBr0ski

yoBr0ski Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB OffRoad
    Xbox one is now only 400$

8. May 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    Ski Bum

Ski Bum New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB TRD Sport Magnetic Grey
    Whoa easy there, I'd bet I'm a bigger halo need than you. But I'm in the same boat as most of you, no one yet but I will definitely get one for halo 5 at the latest. I've played through every one several times, I always play through the first time on legendary so it's a good challenge and it makes it last longer. Actually I've played through most of them several times and I have a bit of a tradition, each time a new one comes out my friend and I play through all the other ones leading up to it, I've been a bit torn on whether to start with CE or Reach though. Reach's story obviously preludes CE but going from those graphics to the original is a bit strange. And of course I'm torn between the of CE and the anniversary edition.

I'm definitely excited for 5, I'm not a huge fan of where they've gone with the story though. I don't hate it but I liked the first trilogy more. Although I was a big fan of fighting elites again in 4, not fighting elites in 3 was a let down. So I hope there are plenty of elites to fight in 5.

IMO CE is and probably forever will be the greatest of all time, campaign and multiplayer, the only thing that could have made it better would have been xbox live although I do think the old system link 3-3 games I used to have in my basement with my buddies was much more fun than playing online

9. May 19, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    The good old LAN parties we had at my dads playing CE. Usually had 3-4 xboxes going playing for 12 hours straight.

Does anyone know of any good halo books? Not the normal story book, but more informational.

10. May 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I love the series. love the story line

been a fan since i played halo 2 as that annoying kid whos parents bought them the m rated game.

im excited for the next one. Any trailers or other info you got for us?

11. May 20, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    Hayden.k

Hayden.k Active Member

Member:
    Halo reach is definitely my favorite. Now hear me out on that cause I know a lot of people don't care for it. The characters were all so in depth not graphic wise but on a personality level all of them had there own background story and the voice actors did a phenomenal job making it all flow together so that you literally feel like part of the team (which would make sense since you're noble 6) but you get really attached to these characters and I personally got sad my first time through watching them all die (spoiler). I like to think the way I felt was how 6 would feel, and personally I think that's what Bungie was aiming for when they did that! I've never been exactly hooked on master chief due to his lack of personality and not talkative attitude (don't get me wrong he's a straight bad ass machine) but there's something about reach that I fell in love with. Fighting along side Spartans to save a planet and it made me fall in love with the series all over. Also idk if any of you have seen the reddit thing on Emile, if not you should. It goes in depth with his personality etc since most people think he's the most typical on the team as if Bungie just threw him in like how every salvation movie has a badass character (I like to think of animal mother from full metal jacket as a comparison) I'll try and find a link it's definitely worth a read because it makes you completely rethink Emile and then you kind of rethink the game.

Now on another note I didn't really enjoy halon4 as much as I wish I could've. I feel as if Bungie was setting halo up to go in a certain direction and 343 just took it and made a sharp lefts I don't read the books and I don't play games much but maybe I'm wrong and it's following a long something but I'm just not sure up until halo 4 I was incredibly pleased with the series

Ps: I hate in halo 4 how there's no UNSC flying vehicle

Pss: I hated in reach how the falcon driver couldn't shoot anything.

12. May 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    excuse me sir, I halo'd hard enough to be offered a MLG H3 team spot, and have every halo...even CE on comp way back in the day. haha

Stoked as hell for halo 5. But seeing as how destiny is coming out soon...and they want to make h5 more open, itll be interesting to see what 343 does

13. May 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    Hayden.k

Hayden.k Active Member

Member:
  14. May 20, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    Ski Bum

Ski Bum New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB TRD Sport Magnetic Grey
    Considering no one has mentioned XBC yet I think Im still the biggest halo nerd here

15. May 20, 2014 at 9:28 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Played every single one, even ODST, though it was horrible. Loved the forge capability on halo 3, halo 4 is really fun. Love all the missions and add on stories you can download. Haven't played in awhile. Use to be a huge halo nerd up until 3. 2 was my favorite probably, I tihnk because I had the most fun with it. I don't really play video games these days so I probably won't buy halo 5 or destiny. I'm a PC guy now.

16. May 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    Thats better, I am hoping that the price drops again before the release
    Thats a cool tradition. I never play legendary the first time though, thats always when I replay it.
    Thats crazy and what you mean by good books? There is an entire series of them
    Not at the moment, they just announced it so it will be a little while before even a teaser trailer is out

17. May 20, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    I will stick to my halo 2 haha.

18. May 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    Reach was a really good game, I made the mistake of waiting to buy it long after it came out though.
    :eek:
    Yea that is ridiculous lol, we have a pro on TW. And Destiny looks badass as hell, I want it too.

19. May 20, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    taco terror

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    XBC?

20. May 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    I picked up the halo encyclopedia today. Its what i was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top