Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The Git-R-Dun awards

Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
The Git-R-Dun awards

Not sure if there's a thread like this yet, if so lemme know!

This thread is to highlight your stupid ideas that should have landed you in the Darwin Awards, but thanks to your redneck ingenuity, you outsmarted the grim reaper. And physics. Barely.

Post photos and the story along with your end result, be it a disaster or a solid landing.

Here's my first post:

Perks of being a contractor- we snagged a garage car lift FOR FREE.
Therefore it had to go up in the back yard. What could be better than having your truck on a lift ten feet from the beer fridge.
We plumbed in air line for the sand blaster & air tools, 220 for the welder & 110 for anything else.
Badass outdoor garage bay and beer. Poured concrete to mount it & everything.

Thought of everything EXCEPT how to stand up the 2000 lb hoist pillars. Simple in concept but....

Hi lift and a strap and scrap wood to hold it up

That was nice and all but it got up about two feet and the hi lift slipped and almost dropped it on my feet. Not pictured is myself in steel toe boots for that very reason

Then we decide let's use the damn winch off the jeep! Duh.

Which lifted it quickly so the bottom slid out and almost immediately dropped it on the ground and bent my hi lift...

Never underestimate the power of Bud Light and determination.

END RESULT.

We've got a little more work to do, but the lift is up and ready to work!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
"What could be better than having your truck on a lift ten feet from the beer fridge?" Not having it near the beer fridge would be my first recommendation.

So.... I've got to ask. Is your concrete thick enough to support a lift like that. If not here's to hoping you don't get under it.

Second... I fucking hate Get-R-Done quotes. Glad you didn't get hurt (yet).
Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
"What could be better than having your truck on a lift ten feet from the beer fridge?" Not having it near the beer fridge would be my first recommendation.

So.... I've got to ask. Is your concrete thick enough to support a lift like that. If not here's to hoping you don't get under it.

Second... I fucking hate Get-R-Done quotes. Glad you didn't get hurt (yet).
As a professional courtesy, don't you have some phone calls to make to the 909 area code?

*Git (couldn't resist )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Pass some of that over ... This is what that "watching a train wreck" line is all about, right?
Old 06-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yes the concrete pad is thick enough and the footings below the lift bases are reinforced and 30" deep because digging and pouring concrete is easier than doing that twice.

We did everything right
except plan the execution of this last part.

Someone else has gotta have some stories to share here I can't be the only idiot on the forum
Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Lulz

Subd