1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 the movie. is it true? hoax?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by MiikeyD, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Roger that...Love the avatar

2. Jun 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    Mexican_taco

Mexican_taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oxnard, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota PreRunner
    painted black rims, fog light mod. debadged
    I wrote a paper on 2012 and it was interesting. If any of you guys want to learn more of this, i suggest reading Apocalypes 2012: an investigation into civilization's end by Lawrence E. Joseph. This book talks about whats going to happen and why. It also talks about when the city of Atlantis went under water in July 27, 9792 bc and and how the planets and stars alined. The orion prophecy said the next time the planets and stars will aline will be december 21, 2012. Im not saying its going to happen, but i cant wait to find out.

3. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
  4. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Meh. Respectfully. Meh. Back to my corner. Starting to get my grits back.

5. Jun 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    Jeeze!! Sure could use that now!!

GA

6. Jun 20, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    RioNovo

RioNovo Arizona Native

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 TRD SR5
    Bed liner, Bed Extender, Vision Shell, Alpine Speakers and Alpine Amp, Sway-A-Way coil overs up front, Deaver 6 pack in the rear, 285/75 R16 L/Ts on blacked out alloy wheels, All Pro Sliders, 1000w Power Inverter, SSB/AM CB, Gray Wire Mod, Constant 12v Power Outlet Mod, Deckplate Mod, Open Door Warning Disabled, More to Come!
    Speculation about the future is a huge and profitable industry that apparently will never end. While no specific dated prediction has ever come to pass, dates continue to be set and people continue to be fascinated and even concerned about them as they approach.

Today's most popular approaching doomsday date is 2012. Countless sites offer evidences from various sources as "proof" of something earth-shaking due that year. Most famously 2012 is said to be the year when the so-called Long Count b'ak'tun cycle of the Mayan Calendar ends (on December 21 or possibly December 23). While it's unclear what the end of that period meant to the Mayas, many interpret it as The End, perhaps even of civilization as we know it.

2012 in fact will more than likely be no different than any other previously speculated end date. A time-proven maxim states that a "watched pot never boils," so when someone sets a "doomsday date" based on private interpretation of an eclectic pool of evidence, that's the one date you can count on nothing happening. In other words, if everyone is distracted by watching one time period, it virtually guarantees that nothing will happen then. If and when something does happen, it will come according to the Bible at an unwatched time when least expected.

The ultimate example of a set date which failed was Y2K or January 1, 2000. Many in 1999 were seriously committed to warning people that the end of the world as we know it (TEOTWAWKI) was at hand because of the so called "year 2000" computer bug. Many took these predictions very seriously stocking up on meals ready to eat (MREs) and other food supplies, investing in gold and silver, preparing safe houses out of the city, etc. To their regret or relief as the case might have been, nothing happened.

Another set date especially notable in the context of 2012 is May 15th, 2003. This was the supposed date of passing for Planet X according to Zetatalk, Mark Hazlewood and others early in this decade. Again, this prediction also was a dud.

One example of a major catastrophe that happened without prediction or at the wrong time is 9-11. Supposedly there was at least one specific prediction of commercial passenger jets crashing into the towers before it happened, but none dated for Sept 11, 2001 - nor were any such predictions published or made popular until after the event took place.

Bible prophecy provides no absolute or set dates for end times events. Instead there are relative times given between certain milestones and what the Bible calls the End of the Age. If you've heard of the 1335, 1290, 1260 days or the 42 months or 3½ years mentioned in the Bible then you know what this is about.

Torah teachers say that the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9 are, as one who carefully studies the OT might suspect, Sabbath year cycles, or periods of seven years ending with a Sabbath year (called the Shmita in Hebrew). The Sabbath years were given to Israel as a year of rest from planting their fields with the guarantee that they would produce enough in the sixth year to carry them two full years. On the surface this seems to have nothing to do with end time prophecy, however God never does things that have only a single level of meaning.

For example, Israel was told to eat the passover lamb each year to remember their Exodus from Egypt on that very day in history. Later on Jesus was sacrificed as the Passover Lamb on that very same day of the year as well. Jesus tells us plainly in the Sermon on the Mount that the Torah, which includes instructions about holy day events as well as Sabbath years, needed to be completely fulfilled (Mt 5:17-19). In other words, all of these instructions were but "a shadow of things to come" (Col 2:17; Heb 10:1).

The Sabbath years point to the year of the return of Christ. Jesus will return at the end of the 70th week as mentioned in Daniel 9, which is a Sabbath year.

So what about the date 2012 according to the Bible? There are many key prophetic events predicted by the Bible yet to come. Wormwood (known secularly as Planet X, of the 3rd trumpet of Revelation), is the kickoff event to the catastrophes which follow. Revelation predicts these events starting with the 6th seal and ending with the 4th trumpet. Planet X's (Wormwood's) passage is often connected with 2012. However this date seems to be picked because of its widespread acceptance as a doomsday date, not because of observations or precisely calculated orbital data of any kind.

We don't have to wait for the actual year before we can rule 2012 out completely. There are other events not on the typical pretrib Christian prophetic roadmap that should be. One of these is the coming Middle East nuclear war predicted by an abundance of prophetic chapters, including Psalm 83. This particular event has to happen before Wormwood makes its pass by earth. Since this war has not yet materialized, we can rule 2012 out as a year of any type of prophetic fulfillment. If something does take place that year it's not in Bible prophecy and will be nothing to worry about. Based on the information we have now, it is a safe bet that 2012 will be another non-event just like 2000 and 2003.

Nevertheless Bible prophecy is sure, and Wormwood will eventually come. If it is not 2012 it can be another time some multiple of seven years later, such as 2019 or 2026 or beyond.

Mark Hazlewood, who used to have the site "PlanetX2003.com" says the following about the date 2012:

If someone makes a prophecy and sets a date, disregard it -- unless of course they're a true Biblical prophet who does set dates successfully as the Bible shows. How to tell a real Biblical prophet in advance is a challenge in discernment and must be weighed in the balance scale of scripture.

Although the best Biblical evidence, factoring in the Sabbatical years and the 70th week of Daniel, says that 2012 could be the year of Wormwood, time is running out for important prerequisite events to take place. What we see not happening seems to indicate that 2012 will pass without any global disaster.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom," until the promised end times which are exclusively in the hands of God, times which "no man knows.."

7. Jun 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Very Well Done!!!! Peace Bro! :) +Rep to you my good man.

8. Jun 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    I doubt anything will happen in 2012. If it does, I'll let you naysayers say "I told you so".

BUT- if the world comes to an end, I plan on going out with a bang. I'm plan on spending my last moments doing whats most important.

Screwing.

9. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    RioNovo- good job man. couldnt have said it better my self.
    this is true. and why should it. the bible focuses on how to correct YOURSELF not figure out what day Jesus will return. there is though however a chance that some may have an insight to the starting time. we cant over look this. it is something that will happen over time. its not like the end of times will happpen in one day and all will be over. i didnt want to get as indepth as you because i feel llike if i post over 2 paragraphs then noone is going to read the posrt and will be skipping over it or i will be upseting someone and getting a neg rep.

However this is probably going to be a good movie right? just to get the thread back hahahaha

10. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    brianr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

no such thing anymore as more "neg rep". :(

11. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    you serious...cant remember but in the "what service you in" thread someone said he had jsut gotten one and figured it was someone who didnt like Marines??????

12. Jun 20, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    brianr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
  13. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM
    Imagine7721

Imagine7721 UNDESTRUCTABLE

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate w/ Total Chaos UCA, All-Pro Offroad Front and Rear plate bumpers, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
    It's just a movie. Movie studios are in it for the money, not to be informative. They are just combining ignorance, superstition and flashy special effects to turn a profit.

I'm not trying to knock anyone's beliefs but books written by men and translated and retranslated and reworded multiple times can lead people to find multiple meanings. Doomsayers and soothsayers will disregard 100 contrary facts while flaunting 1 supporting fact, no matter how vague it is.

Rio makes a good arguement, but this isn't the kind of thing that will ever be solved until it happens, if it happens. The Mayans made a calendar, and it has an end date. The calendar on my wall ends on Dec 31, 2009, but that doesn't mean that the world is going to end, I'll just buy a new one for 2010. Nostradamus was all hopped up on opium and wrote some "prophetic" verses. Scientists will rationalize whatever happens, theologians will prophetize it and capitalists will monetize it. Either way, what ever happens, happens.

Again, I'm not here to piss anyone off or piss on anyone. I'm not denying anyone's beliefs. I'm not a scholar, a scientist or a theologian.

14. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    for some reason i like these kind of movies...like i am legend, day the earth stood still, day after tomorrow, and so on...i'm sure i'll check this one out

15. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    brianr

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

the original "Day the Earth Stood Still" is much better than the shitty remake that came out last fall.

The remake is a pile of shit.

16. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM
    Imagine7721

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3" Toytec Ultimate w/ Total Chaos UCA, All-Pro Offroad Front and Rear plate bumpers, Shrockworks Rock Sliders
    Yeah, the guy that is directing 2012 also did "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Independance Day". Should be a good action/disaster flick. I just hope it's worth the $10!

17. Jun 20, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    Imagine7721

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    X2!

I can't watch Keanu Reeves in anything without thinking of his best role, Ted "Theodore" Logan.

18. Jul 27, 2009 at 11:03 PM
    Sarge2

Sarge2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix Az
    You might recall in the trailer they mention "ships that are ready to take people"
    they werent talking about sea vessels.

There ARE ships, buried underground ready to take only a "select few global elete" into space should something like this occurr....

im sure they could
    1) reach a safe distance from earth no matter what the occurence
    2) sustain life for over a lifetime

I love this kind of crap, I once had a PDF manual of rules and regs for the entire guard staff for Area 51.....:cool:

but i didnt really say that

19. Jul 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    The bible states that Only God knows. So all this Mayan whatever talk is hype. If it did happen then God is a liar and that is not consistent.
    The bible does not tell when the presence of the son of man(jesus) is. However it gives insight as to when the begining of the "last days" will be. It talks about how there will be earthquakes, food shortages, nation will rise against nation. Stuff like that, but no date. Yes that stuff is happening now so it could happen anyday. Even before 2012. But Like gjbonner quoted with the bible, people are going to be occupied and carrying on and it will be unexpected. This is in the bible so if you are religious im sure you have read it before.

20. Jul 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD [OP] The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    DONT WORRY GUYS! ALL OF US WITH TACOMAS ARE SAFE! SAYS TOYOTA...:D
    so whatever happens, make sure everything is in your truck!
    this guy was less fortunate, he has no supplies :[
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UQl2oZVAg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top